SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest AmesManchester
Yes it it came via email. I was pulling my hair out haven't seen my partner for over 9 months. Can't imagine how your feeling!

Super happy for you!! That's awesome news!!! Who's your CO (out of interest). My patience is just about run out now!

Guest AmesManchester

The visa has arrived!!! Yah!!! :) 9 Months and 4 days.. Thank god, i can go home to Aus and my husband can stay! Thanks to everyone for their support on this forum. Good luck on your own journeys :wink:

Visa granted!!! 8months and 3weeks. Cannot believe it!

fantastic!!!!!!! Must be an amazing feeling! Who was your CO? I'm months away still unless I'm one of those lucky rare ones who get visas extra early!

The visa has arrived!!! Yah!!! :) 9 Months and 4 days.. Thank god, i can go home to Aus and my husband can stay! Thanks to everyone for their support on this forum. Good luck on your own journeys :wink:

Excellent!!! Bet you can't wait to get back to Oz . I'm so over this country it's the horrible weather that kills me!

Guys, just looking for advice. I'm going over before my visa is granted so will need to go offshore when I get the email. Where the best/cheapest place to fly to whilst the visa is granted and would it have to be for 2 days? Just planning ahead :-)

It needs to be for at least 3 working days so that the systems can update electronically. As for cheapest places, you would be better off to investigate flights etc., closer to the time as they change on a day by day basis.

Hi thought I would add in our stats.

We've been married 11 years living in the UK, I am being transferred back to Sydney with work (I am aussie citizen), so we have just applied for husbands visa (he's UK citizen). Will update as we get more info :-)

Patience is a virtue!

Hi thought I would add in our stats.

We've been married 11 years living in the UK, I am being transferred back to Sydney with work (I am aussie citizen), so we have just applied for husbands visa (he's UK citizen). Will update as we get more info :-)

Patience is a virtue!

Might help If I included them!!

Husband's visa application lodged online 28 May 2014 309/100

Payment made 28 May 2014

Medical submitted 28 May 2014

All documents required uploaded 3 June

Guys, just looking for advice. I'm going over before my visa is granted so will need to go offshore when I get the email. Where the best/cheapest place to fly to whilst the visa is granted and would it have to be for 2 days? Just planning ahead :-)

I think the closest places would be either New Zealand or Bali, however I'm not sure which is cheapest. We have a back-up plan to go to NZ if the grant doesn't come through in time. I'm not looking at flights yet though, as I quietly have my fingers crossed that we won't have to do that.

Hi all,

Long time reader, but first time posting on this thread.

I've finally submitted all my stuff and got the following message back from the CO:

Thank you for your message and I have now changed the status of your application.

Please note all required documents have been received and assessed and your visa will be granted 8 to 9 months after the lodgement date as initially advised.

Am I maybe getting a bit overly excited by the comment stating the the visa 'will be granted'? I'm pretty confident that it's all going to go through ok, but considering the CO has been very much by the book in all other mails, saying that it will be granted seems quite a change!

Either way, gonna be a long few months waiting...

Just emailed our agent yesterday to see if there was any progress on being allocated a CO and its apparently taking 6-8 weeks at the moment :/ after looking at everyone's stats I thought maybe 4 or 5... Feel this may be a very long 8- 9+ months! Patience is a virtue I'm lacking lol

Hi all,

Long time reader, but first time posting on this thread.

I've finally submitted all my stuff and got the following message back from the CO:

Thank you for your message and I have now changed the status of your application.

Please note all required documents have been received and assessed and your visa will be granted 8 to 9 months after the lodgement date as initially advised.

Am I maybe getting a bit overly excited by the comment stating the the visa 'will be granted'? I'm pretty confident that it's all going to go through ok, but considering the CO has been very much by the book in all other mails, saying that it will be granted seems quite a change!

Either way, gonna be a long few months waiting...

hi

wow that's an amazing response from your CO , I haven't seen that before! What was that in response to? I'm asking because I'm on approx same timeline as you with same CO!

Quick question hopefully someone with experience of the online application process can help with. Just been on to add a further document for evidence and noticed that where says next steps there is nothing in this box but directly underneath it there is link which says organise your health exams does this mean I can go ahead and organise my health exams or do I need to wait until a CO has been assigned and tells me to?

Thanks in advance for any help that can provide.

My experience is that your CO will advise you on when to organise them,

There is no harm in doing your medical/police check now, but you need to validate your visa within 12months of health and police check,

If you dont they can ask you to carry them out again, obviously it puts your overall cost up.

Hi Guys,

I been a watching the post and I thought I would add and update. I've been oh here a bit asking for advice, but finally I have submitted my application.

We use a visa agent, who I must say at the moment has been so helpful getting my application organized. I was already to go, but I was slightly unsure about my application so I enlisted him to go though my case, and he knew what he was doing. He removed about 3/4 of my relationship evidence which I was going to submit, not because it was rubbish but he just said I had to much. I was going to apply for the 309/100 visa, but as we have been married for over 3 years now he said don't worry just apply for the 100. So hopefully if anyone reads this then if you have been married for over 3 years then just apply for the visa 100.

Now I have the long wait for hopefully good news. The department of immigration has informed me that it will be 9 months till we hear a final decision. I was hoping that the waiting time would have gone down by now, but I don't think that will happen.

I do have a quick question which is. For all those that have done there medical was is difficult booking the medical? What do they actually do during the examination?

I am so relieved that my application is finally in, but not looking forward to the wait.

Hi @bigboy01

I think if anything the wait will continue to grow as more people apply for the partner/spouse visa, not go down. The medical is nothing to worry about. You pee in a container, take off your outer clothing, the dr examines you (nothing internal etc) and you have blood taken. There is a questionnaire that you need to fill in about any existing or previous conditions.