SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Has anybody here applied from Auckland in New Zealand? We have a predicted 12 month processing time. Wish that we had applied in London instead now, seems to go through quicker there

Hi UKgirl

My partner (UK citizen) applied in Auckland in march 2013. He was also told it would take 12 months. So it came at complete surprise when the visa was granted in just 10 weeks! We were completely unprepared for this as we were on holidays in Bali.

We were asked once to provide more information about the wedding which was hard cause we couldn't book anything and I'm glad we didn't cause we can't have the date we originally picked cause its outside the 9 months.

Good luck with it all

Im a june applicant :D

thinking i will get my visa around feb time, its all so exciting that people are being granted

congrats guys

iv got my partner coming over to England on Sunday for Xmas, haha he is gonna freeze haha

I'm June too, a few weeks after you, so will start getting twitchy in Feb. We did medicals in September, so will have to get moving quite quick once the grant comes through. I know it's 6 months, but with houses to sell, and jobs to quit etc I think it will suddenly get very busy!

Received by London 11th June. Still waiting. Am going offshore to NZ 5th Jan as 3 month tourist visa expires 6th Jan. Hoping my CO grants while I am away. Will be shy of 7 months by a few days. One can hope!

Hopefully the email to let your C.O know your going off shore will be a little reminder!! That seems to have worked for a few people. Fingers crossed for you! Xxxx near to the end now yeay

Ah Shae that is great news. We're at the ten week mark now I think and not heard a thing. Did they ask for medical certificates and police checks etc from you?

I emailed them a few days ago because we were told over the phone that we had been assigned a case officer and the second time that I called I was told that we actually haven't been assigned one but I can request one. If I had known that you can request one I would have emailed them a lot sooner! Just waiting to hear back now. Wow ten weeks you were so lucky! Thanks for letting me know.

Hi UKgirl

My partner (UK citizen) applied in Auckland in march 2013. He was also told it would take 12 months. So it came at complete surprise when the visa was granted in just 10 weeks! We were completely unprepared for this as we were on holidays in Bali.

We were asked once to provide more information about the wedding which was hard cause we couldn't book anything and I'm glad we didn't cause we can't have the date we originally picked cause its outside the 9 months.

Good luck with it all

Hey everyone, I lodged my spouse visa at the start of December. It was only 2 weeks ago but are we suppose to have heard from them yet to say they have received it? We sent tracked so we know they it arrived, but have no idea what next.

My advise: Be patient.

We lodged end of October and it took just over 5 weeks to hear from them (via email). We also knew it had arrived safely because of Royal Mail tracking.

Hey everyone, I lodged my spouse visa at the start of December. It was only 2 weeks ago but are we suppose to have heard from them yet to say they have received it? We sent tracked so we know they it arrived, but have no idea what next.

If it's been signed for, consider it application lodged :) they don't contact you to tell you they've received it. The application was sent registered post and signed for on delivery is your proof. The countdown clock is already ticking.

A CO will contact you in due course. For some this is a week after the application is received, for others it can be 2-3 weeks. I'd try not to worry as it's a funny time of year with Christmas and new year break, things tend to slow down a bit.

Has the application fee been taken yet?

If it's been signed for, consider it application lodged :) they don't contact you to tell you they've received it. The application was sent registered post and signed for on delivery is your proof. The countdown clock is already ticking.

A CO will contact you in due course. For some this is a week after the application is received, for others it can be 2-3 weeks. I'd try not to worry as it's a funny time of year with Christmas and new year break, things tend to slow down a bit.

Has the application fee been taken yet?

agree with above! not to worry - the clock starts ticking from the moment they receive it (at least it did for me, although i heard from an actual co a couple of weeks later)