SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone

I've just had an email from immigration asking me to take part

in a survey for visa applications finalised between March an August 2013

but we have not heard anything, anyone had this?

Same here, applied end of May, still waiting for the grant. Are we on a list of applicants that have been approved since August but they just haven't gotten around to issuing the visa yet?

Thanks for the timely response Rheia,

I think the fear of not having the right info for the application is a main concern and this causing a delay in the application is our may concrn.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever used an agent? Do you know of any application that have gone though this avenue?

Some have used an agent for a partner visa. Many do it themselves as it's a pretty straightforward application compared to some other visa types.

So long as you can provide the supporting evidence, stat decs, birth and marriage certs, passports etc I don't see why you are worried. A read back of some of this thread will give you a heap of pointers of what evidence to provide if you are in doubt, or post and ask what others stumped up.

If you are really not happy doing it yourself or if your case is complicated, use an agent. You'll still have to gather the supporting evidence yourself.

Thanks for the timely response Rheia,

I think the fear of not having the right info for the application is a main concern and this causing a delay in the application is our may concrn.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever used an agent? Do you know of any application that have gone though this avenue?

Hi bigboy01, I used an agent, my case wasn't overly complicated but I wanted to be sure that I had done everything properly, My OH used an agent for his visa and they were brilliant. I used Visa Bureaux and cant fault them, I had a few things that could have potentially caused problems but they helped with everything, they were very reasonably priced and I cant recommend them highly enough. While there are many on here that did the process themselves and that is great if you happy to do it, but in my case using an agent was defo the best way for me/us, good luck with everything and hope the process goes well for you

Becky

Hi guys

For those who got the survey, i just recieved this one too... guess a few people enquired!

Dear Sir/Madam

Yesterday I sent you the email below, which referred to your application having been finalised between 1 March 2013 and 31 August 2013. Please note that in some instances, this is not the case. Your case officer will advise you when your application has been finalised; this survey is taking place separately from the application process for your visa or citizenship by descent and does not have any bearing on your application.

Hi guys

For those who got the survey, i just recieved this one too... guess a few people enquired!

Dear Sir/Madam

Yesterday I sent you the email below, which referred to your application having been finalised between 1 March 2013 and 31 August 2013. Please note that in some instances, this is not the case. Your case officer will advise you when your application has been finalised; this survey is taking place separately from the application process for your visa or citizenship by descent and does not have any bearing on your application.

got that too... i'm not surprised people inquired, it was a rather confusing survey to receive :twitcy:

Hi all,

just to let you know I got my pmv today I applied on the 23/24th April. I did email my CO to let them know I would be heading to Oz for christmas and I got my Visa letter as a reply. So happy right now, feels like one less thing to worry about...so it will happy. Good luck to you all and hope you are happy in Australia xx

So after my 7 month wait for my visa and over 4 years together with my partner we managed to break up a month before I was due to leave for Aus. Oops

oh dear! breaking up is very depressing, not to mention when the visa concerns and waiting to move get involved. sorry james!

I'm assuming, James, that you hadn't gotten your visa grant yet? The only reason I thought you might is because you said it's a month before you were due to go over there... that makes it sound like your visa was granted. If your visa was granted and it was a permanent visa (subclass 100), which it should have been given the length of your relationship if you were de facto for at least 3 years of it, it is no longer dependent on your relationship.

Hi, my visa application was received on 23 July and I have just been offered a job commencing on 17 Feb subject to my visa being granted in time. I know that the official guidance states 8 or 9 months waiting time but from this thread it looks as though it is currently taking an average of 7 months in which case I'm hoping my visa might possibly just scrape through in time in order to avoid my job offer falling through. Has anyone else been in this situation? I'm pretty sure I'll lose the job offer if I can't start on 17 th. Rather depressing. I'm currently in the UK with our toddler while my husband is working in Aus - he had to move after being unable to find work in the UK for 2 years (a tough time) so now I'm worried that the same thing might happen to me in reverse if my job offer falls through. Has anyone found speaking to their case officer to be helpful in these circumstances. Extremely grateful for any tips.

Juno - Your job offer will have no bearing on your visa. They make it quite clear in all the blurb to not plan travel, selling house and other things before visa grant. Those things are not their responsibility to consider when dealing with applications. They just deal with the paperwork you submitted.

They are clear on the 8/9 month timeframe and while your visa may get granted a bit sooner they won't push it through for a job offer.

You could email your CO and explain you've been offered a job to start on X date and it may nudge them into granting (if it's all in order and medical not referred or anything) but they may also do absolutely nothing and you'll be waiting a few more months. You are cutting it fine for a 7 month window if you have to start in Feb but it could happen, you just can't bank on it.

Out of interest, who is your CO? Initials only please, not names.

Edited by Guest

I only ever emailed my CO. I would always do that over calling them. They will call you if they then wish to discuss. My CO called me once after I had emailed her about something and she was lovely but made it clear her hands were tied and she could not commit to a grant date and could only reiterate to work to the 8-9 months. Although I was only planning on travelling to Aus on tourist visa.

A thought. Can your job be done remotely for a month or two?

Hi All, I am not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but here goes, hope you may be able to help. There are many of us that are waiting for our visa's to be granted, I used an agent and she has always told me that it would take 8-9 months for a decision to be made as to whether or not I will get the visa. My question is, I have done everything necessary and been waiting to hear if I have been successful. Is it a givens that because I have been waiting for 7 months I am pretty much guaranteed to have my visa granted or is there still a chance that I may be refused the visa? I have been told that there are no guarantees but if you were not going to get the visa I would have heard by now, or is it a case of I have done all they asked but my application is in a pile waiting to be checked and a final decision made?

I am interested to hear thoughts on this, thanks

Becky :)

Hi,

I have been looking over these posts and they have been really helpful.

I am about to start trying to apply for my defacto visa with my other half. We are applying for in from the UK. We have made a folder with everything i think we might need in it (photos, lease agreements, flight tickets, bills ect.) we are just a big confused about what we think our best first step should be. If anyone has any advise on their first steps that would be much appreciated. The things we are confused about is should i send all my things it one parcel or should be send the application and wait for a response. Should my partner get his police checks now before the application. And who can and cannot certify documents, my mum is a nurse but i wonder because she is related if she is able to.

Also, if we start applying now does it seem realistic that we will have it through by August next year? We have been together for 3 years now and have more than enough to prove it.

Thanks,

Annika

Hi All, I am not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but here goes, hope you may be able to help. There are many of us that are waiting for our visa's to be granted, I used an agent and she has always told me that it would take 8-9 months for a decision to be made as to whether or not I will get the visa. My question is, I have done everything necessary and been waiting to hear if I have been successful. Is it a givens that because I have been waiting for 7 months I am pretty much guaranteed to have my visa granted or is there still a chance that I may be refused the visa? I have been told that there are no guarantees but if you were not going to get the visa I would have heard by now, or is it a case of I have done all they asked but my application is in a pile waiting to be checked and a final decision made?

Looking at the stats on the spreadsheet, it looks like the current grant time is about 7 months and 1 week. If you hit the 7 month mark on 21 December the 7 month 1 week would be at Christmas :) If they are on holidays maybe you would hear in early January, that's what I'm hoping for anyway!

i was wondering the same thing but I reckon they would have told me if something was wrong by now! so i am hopeful:)