SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just after some clarification....applied for 309/100 4th July 2012, c/o (LG) assigned and advised it will be a 5- 6mth wait. Meds required 9th July and undertaken 31.07.2012. Range AO a week later (didn't spk to LG as she was on leave) was told it will be a 8-9mth wait now!!). Emailed LG today - reply was....no further info required (good), visa will still take 5-6mth and will be finalised in Dec/Jan! Does that mean i've been granted it or are they still looking through my application?? Help - i'm exicted but don't want to get too excited. Has anyone else had the same reply/experience.....

Guest pinkgibbon
Just after some clarification....applied for 309/100 4th July 2012, c/o (LG) assigned and advised it will be a 5- 6mth wait. Meds required 9th July and undertaken 31.07.2012. Range AO a week later (didn't spk to LG as she was on leave) was told it will be a 8-9mth wait now!!). Emailed LG today - reply was....no further info required (good), visa will still take 5-6mth and will be finalised in Dec/Jan! Does that mean i've been granted it or are they still looking through my application?? Help - i'm exicted but don't want to get too excited. Has anyone else had the same reply/experience.....

it seems like once you get the email saying they need no further information all is ready for your grant and it's just a case of waiting for you to become top of the pile.

LauraF,

LG had already told me that my visa would be granted at the end of October. So I thought I would ask about booking a flight. She has been really good with any questions I have. Just got lucky I suppose. Good luck with yours Laura. Let us know what happens if you ask about booking a flight.

My husband's application went in the week before yours and his co (MT) has sent an email like yours, saying between the end of Nov and end of Dec, which is the 5/6 month mark. Here's hoping it's at the early end of the range for all of us!

Guest wardie77
Heard back from my co today saying that they will try and grant my visa before we fly but if I haven't heard by the week before then to give them a call! OMG just grant it already lol

Hang in there. I am sure it will be granted before you fly. They are very reasonable people so you will be fine.

Guest pinkgibbon

just sent my CO to see if they could give me a clearer idea of when my grant would be and that i was thinking of flying on 26/9/2012.

She responded telling me it was a possibility and to contact her a week before hand. It feels like I may actually get over to Oz soon and i may make my boyfriends 30th birthday party :biggrin:

Heard back from my co today saying that they will try and grant my visa before we fly but if I haven't heard by the week before then to give them a call! OMG just grant it already lol

I let AB know I Lost my passport & that a knew one was on the way. He says it wont impact my visa grant at all - and just to send him a certified copy asap.

Don't suppose you had your grant today? :o I hope to get mine on Tuesday (intel from another poster!).

Dave

Those who have recently been lucky enough to get your visas granted....congratulations ! For those who are married/ have kids with an Aussie/ long time relationship.... Have you been granted permanent residency straight away or still the temp visa for 2 years?

Edited by Bound4Tassie

Hi I've not been on a few weeks so firstly huge congrats to everyone who has got their visa granted recently. Secondly, the reason I've not been on is that I'm just back from Bali as I came over to Oz on a tourist visa while I waited on my spouse visa. I went to Bali to be offshore when it was actually granted. SO.................................

VISA GRANTED AND INITIAL ENTRY COMPLETED!! Can't believe the waiting is finally over. Amazing, as they say in Oz, I'm absolutely stoked, fair dinkum.

Quick update stats are applied 22 Feb

Entered Australia on tourist visa 25 June

Notified to go offshore 27 July

Visa granted 17 August

:biggrin:

Now that I'm a resident I've gotta go find a job (although I must say I just might have got used to this laid back Aussie style and attitude and it may take me a little longer than anticipated, as the sun is shining ha ha).

Good luck everyone, hang in there, it does come eventually! xx

quick question for you all. If I've been told, 6-8 months, if they dont tell you when they are going to approve, how do you go about booking flights, shipping, pets and holiday lets? Do you all gamble, or should I be planning all this in for worst case 8 month etc.

We planned for worst case scenario as I didn't want the hassle of changing everything or flying offshore if it wasn't granted before but perhaps ask your co?

Hey guys, I've been monitoring this forum for a few weeks as I gather all the information for my PMV 300 visa that will be lodged in London next week. My fiance left this morning for England :(

I am SO GLAD that application is out of my hands and now in his - I am sick of it being my part-time job!!!

I know it's going to be terrible being apart.. we have only been together a short time (just over 3 months) and it will be our first night tonight not sleeping next to each other. I am going to the UK in December to visit him and his family (he has already met my family who visited us from interstate). Anyway, anyone think that our short time toegther may go against us?

As far as I know, that is the only thing that may be our downfall - as our application is very good (a good 1 and a half inch thick) - and quite thorough even though I was supporting him and it was hard to get joint bills etc. We do have a lot of evidence though.

So as of next week, the waiting will begin!!!Plenty of wedding preparations to organise to keep me busy! ;)

Hi,

we applied for my 100 class visa at the end of June (27th I think check my signature lol) was told 5-6 month wait and most seemed to be nearer the 5 month mark at that point so I figured we'd get a grant at the end of November maybe early Dec at the latest. However now the time seems to have extended to nearer the 6 month wait which will put us slap bang over Christmas. Does anyone know what happens then? Do they shut for a few weeks and grant in the new year? In all honesty it won't effect us as we are not planning on going anywhere until Aug unless a job comes up and that is a bad time for job hunting so that is unlikely. but for my own sanity it would be good to know what to expect?

Thanks

I was told when I applied that I'd be getting a Permanent Resident visa as I have 2 kids with my De Facto Wife, 4 and 2. I applied in October and it was all done in February I think, I had a couple of corrections to make but they contacted my by e mail and it was all remarkably smooth to be honest! I hope you all find it the same! Best of luck and Congrats to you all who've get theirs! We move 8 weeks today! S x

I'd be interested to know this too

I've been granted the 309 visa even though I'm married to my OH, I think that's because we don't have children though and haven't been together long enough to get the 100 straigh away (we'll have been together 3 years in December and married for 1).

Hi,

we applied for my 100 class visa at the end of June (27th I think check my signature lol) was told 5-6 month wait and most seemed to be nearer the 5 month mark at that point so I figured we'd get a grant at the end of November maybe early Dec at the latest. However now the time seems to have extended to nearer the 6 month wait which will put us slap bang over Christmas. Does anyone know what happens then? Do they shut for a few weeks and grant in the new year? In all honesty it won't effect us as we are not planning on going anywhere until Aug unless a job comes up and that is a bad time for job hunting so that is unlikely. but for my own sanity it would be good to know what to expect?

Thanks

We applied at the same time as you, and I'm interested to know this as well. In a month or so we're going to either ring or email and ask our CO if we're safe to book travel for January.

Just a note, you have to enter Australia within a year of your medical and police checks, otherwise you have to have them redone.