NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest thewhyman

srangely enough OH has been glued to homes down under to on days off:laugh:. think it's mandatory if u're thinking of going to oz. doing a reccie in november ish to see what its like and if there's oppertunities for me, from what i can gather there should be no problems as long as my quals are recognised as lift engineer or mechanical fitter, but dont mind sweeping streets as long as its warm:army-smile:

I have a few questions but here are the main ones. If I'm successful in getting a job sponsor for 457 Visa..

Police checks - when is a good time to apply for them and approximately how many copies will I need?

Written proof of Immunisations - I only have baby records, which are handwritten on a card. I don't have any GP records and doubt my old schools will have kept records either. Is it advisable to just ask my Practice Nurse for a whole new set of jabs.

hi just want to find out about a 457 visa im a nurse passed in september looking to get spon

Try submitting your CV to a few health authorities or nursing agencies to see if they're offering anything. We've tended to find that most want at least a year or twos post qual experience before offering sponsorships though.

Alternatively, if you're lucky enough to be under 30, go on a working holiday visa. There are plenty of agencies that will find work placements for nurses on those visas.

Probably not masses of help, but a start.

Hi guys,

We've started filling out the application for state sponsorship and am a little confussed about the ANZCO code.

We got ANMC suitability under ASCO code 2323-11 in June 2010, so can we pick which ever ANZCO code is closest to my OH responsibilities (Elderly acute medical here) or do we use the code that's marked as "not elsewhere classified" or do we indeed have to go back to ANMC to get a new code (Really hope not!)

Also, to add to our worry, the section about ANZCO codes for Registered Nurses on DIACs site says

Indicative Skill Level:

In Australia and New Zealand:

• Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

My OH has the advanced diploma, so is that no longer enough and means the ANMC skills assessment we've got is no longer valid? :confused:

Any help or previous experience on this appreciated.

Has anyone had QLD accept eligibilty letter from AHPRA to forward on form 1100 to immigration. I received my eligibilty letter from AHPRA last week.

QLD are being awkward saying because I don't have my registration they cant forward on my state sponsorship. AHPRA do not give registration, just eligibilty letter until you actually arrive in the country and turn up at the office. No visa I can't turn up anyway. So what am I supposed to do.

If anyone has received 176 visa with just eligibility letter can you please get in touch with me. I think I just have a snotty woman trying to cause problems. Even on the QLD SMP registration and experience criteria it clearly says must be ELIGIBLE for registration. It doesn't say must have registration.

Please help someone.

Thanks, Helen

Guest edwardsfamily

hi there,

anyone know where to send APHRA forms once completed?

it says on the form " GPO Box 9958 in the relevent capital city"

which capital city?....im off to Perth, so there? or any capital city :)

thanks

hi there,

anyone know where to send APHRA forms once completed?

it says on the form " GPO Box 9958 in the relevent capital city"

which capital city?....im off to Perth, so there? or any capital city :)

thanks

Hi , i had the same problem when looking for the address, its at the bottom of the AHPRA website at the contact us link, or you could just click here

AHPRA - Contact Us

regards

Hi

I am completly confused about having to sit an english test for registration as a nurse with AHPRA.

On explanatory notes it states: If an applicant is able to provide sufficient evidence they have completed:

their secondary education as well as nursing programhas been assessed in English then the applicant is not required to undertake a test of English lanaguge proficiency for regisration purposes. Can anyone clarify this?

Also can anyone tell me what fees are required for: application $, and registraion$?:realmad:

Thank you in advance

Ann

Hi im in the middle of applying for my e visa 176 Victoria SS. As far as I can gather from thier site I don't need to apply to AHPRA registration till after I've been granted the visa. I know some states expect you to have it am I missinig something ?

Also did anyone who already applied for evisa 176 attach copies of your employment contracts or did u not bother ??

I was thinking of scanning my last 2 P60's as well as a statement of employment

any suggetions :frown: :biggrin:

Chris

Guest preciouslaz

pls my wife is a nurse/midwife with over five years of practise,two of which is in a government hospital in our country Nigeria english is the language of instruction which also had a good grade in,is there a waiver for her? so that she can start her registration with the Nursing board and also begin her job search.

Guest thewhyman
Hi

I am completly confused about having to sit an english test for registration as a nurse with AHPRA.

On explanatory notes it states: If an applicant is able to provide sufficient evidence they have completed:

their secondary education as well as nursing programhas been assessed in English then the applicant is not required to undertake a test of English lanaguge proficiency for regisration purposes. Can anyone clarify this?

Also can anyone tell me what fees are required for: application $, and registraion$?:realmad:

you need english test for skills asessment not registration, and as you cant get registered without ss it sort of makes a mockery of it. altho i'm not entirely sure if thats correct. bit cheeky the aussies asking us to take an english test to prove we can speak it better than them:wacko:

HI. So Who can certify my nursing documents now. I had all my documents certified by a local solicitor last August before the changes. This was not a problem then ? Am I right in thinking this is no longer accepable ???

In Australia and New Zealand:

• Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

My OH has the advanced diploma, so is that no longer enough and means the ANMC skills assessment we've got is no longer valid? :confused:

Any help or previous experience on this appreciated.

They accept the UK's Advanced Diploma, all they do is compare the clinical/theory hours completed at university against their degree's standards (as i have been panicking myself as i too have an Adv Dip!)

The criterion for a registered nurse or midwife is met when the applicant has a minimum qualification of a Bachelor

degree, or qualification combined with experience that is comparable in duration and content to the nationally agreed

minimal educational standard for nursing and midwifery in Australia.

Guest tandcmum

can i just ask what needs to be in the statement of service. I am wanting to start my APHRA application but don't really want to approach my SCN just yet as i've only been in the job 6 months and it will be ages before we will actually emigrate if I actually get a job and a visa sponsorship so was thinking of asking my HR manager to do it and sign my CV for APHRA

also do we only need to pay the assessment fee when applying or the registration fee too

Guest Guest 47403
can i just ask what needs to be in the statement of service. I am wanting to start my APHRA application but don't really want to approach my SCN just yet as i've only been in the job 6 months and it will be ages before we will actually emigrate if I actually get a job and a visa sponsorship so was thinking of asking my HR manager to do it and sign my CV for APHRA

also do we only need to pay the assessment fee when applying or the registration fee too

I believe that it is you that has to sign your CV as correct and not your employer it is a printing error on AGOS-04 and it is due to be amended. It also states on the AHPRA standard CV format that it's you that signs it as correct, which makes sense how can your employer say what you have done in the past is correct or not, as for the statement of service just do it exactly as it asks on AGOS-04 you can't go wrong then.

I got a statement of service from the HR dept so didnt need to go through the Nurse Manager. It had to say how long I had been working as a Registered Nurse, it also stated how many hows a week I had worked and had to be signed by the HR manager. However this was when I registered with WA and they were quite specific about what was to be included - not sure how it works with AHPRA sorry x

Guest steven686

Hi,

My wife and I want to apply for a 176 Visa to get PR in Queensland, my wife is a Registered nurse in the UK. Do we need to register with the ANMC first and then once we have that get her skills assessed or is this all the same thing? :arghh:

Hi,

My wife and I want to apply for a 176 Visa to get PR in Queensland, my wife is a Registered nurse in the UK. Do we need to register with the ANMC first and then once we have that get her skills assessed or is this all the same thing? :arghh:

You will need Skills assessment for QLD SS 176 and nursing registration.

Do not let the next bit put off, I am trying to sort the following problem out with QLD gov................

I got granted QLD SS last August and applied to AHPRA for my nursing registration at the same time, got my letter of "Eligibility for nurse registration" from AHPRA on 10 Jan 2011, but this is not good enough for Queensland. They say they want my registration certificate, but I won't get this til I appear at the AHPRA office in Brisbane with my letter of eligibility and ID. So they are refusing to send my state sponsorship nomination form on to immigration. So now I am going on a 457 temp visa so I can get out there and get that certificate.Work then while I wait for my 176 to come through. Only problem with that then is I need to offshore for 10 days and then return to validate the permanent visa. I am trying to get this rule changed with QLD but they are waiting to hear from AHPRA to confirm eligibility is all I get. They will be waiting cos AHPRA don't reply to emails. Absolute nightmare, but don't let this put you off.

If I was you I would get your registration form in with AHPRA, not sure if you need IELTS or not, they keep changing the rules. I started this whole process this time last year so had to sit IELTS. Sure someone will have the up to date info on this. AHPRA are useless and keep changing the rules......

Hopefully QLD will have changed their rules in time for you, so you don't and others don't have to endure the rubbish I am dealing with currently. On QLD's SMP criteria for nurses it says you must have eligibility to nurse, I have this and have pointed this out but not good enough. I will get them to change the rule............DETERMINATION !!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Hi,

Hellsbells, thanks for your reply where can i find a step by step guide to application I am still no clearer on how to apply .

AHPRA website - National board-Nursing - Internationally / overseas nurses - forms -

AGOS 04

Follow it step by step. I think the 3rd to last page of the application, gives you a list of all the paperwork required. Make sure you include everything asked for, because they won't contact you if anything is missing until right at the very end of processing your application, which could be 4-5 months down the line. And don't expect them to email you, I emailed 5 times and only ever got 1 reply. They are not allowed ring overseas either.

Take your time and fill it in. Also before you post it off, make sure to make a copy of it

You will need Skills assessment for QLD SS 176 and nursing registration.

Do not let the next bit put off, I am trying to sort the following problem out with QLD gov................

I got granted QLD SS last August and applied to AHPRA for my nursing registration at the same time, got my letter of "Eligibility for nurse registration" from AHPRA on 10 Jan 2011, but this is not good enough for Queensland. They say they want my registration certificate, but I won't get this til I appear at the AHPRA office in Brisbane with my letter of eligibility and ID. So they are refusing to send my state sponsorship nomination form on to immigration. So now I am going on a 457 temp visa so I can get out there and get that certificate.Work then while I wait for my 176 to come through. Only problem with that then is I need to offshore for 10 days and then return to validate the permanent visa. I am trying to get this rule changed with QLD but they are waiting to hear from AHPRA to confirm eligibility is all I get. They will be waiting cos AHPRA don't reply to emails. Absolute nightmare, but don't let this put you off.

If I was you I would get your registration form in with AHPRA, not sure if you need IELTS or not, they keep changing the rules. I started this whole process this time last year so had to sit IELTS. Sure someone will have the up to date info on this. AHPRA are useless and keep changing the rules......

Hopefully QLD will have changed their rules in time for you, so you don't and others don't have to endure the rubbish I am dealing with currently. On QLD's SMP criteria for nurses it says you must have eligibility to nurse, I have this and have pointed this out but not good enough. I will get them to change the rule............DETERMINATION !!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Helen ,

What a nightmare, this is so ridiculous, especially after having to deal with the ahpra in the first place, is there no-one with some sense you can get to take this further?

Good luck, you're definetly detemined!

Gill x

Guest kate dodds

I'm only diploma trained aswell and I'm fully registered, Helen what a nightmare nothing is simple, I wud just quote what u have stated above, sounds like some jobs worth has had a bad day!! Use what is quoted on website x