NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Sounds like the same bloke i spoke to 2 weeks ago ..... he told me he sent the victoria office an urgent message asking to phone me back in 24 - 48 hours - phone call never happened. However today i did finally receive an email stating that they had my application and was currently being reviewed ........... the saga continues

emma x

I'm so glad they have your application. Thats all i'm bothered about. Hopefully it won't be too long now. x

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Pamela and Brian

Hi Helen, I was just wondering if you could help me out as you look like you are heading the same road i am. I am trying to decide on state sponsorship, me and my partner want to go to Queensland as we have friends there that we are going to live with until we settle. Do you think it's better to go down the state sponsorship route? my agent said it would only be a few months of a difference but that is a lot to me! Did you get your state sponsorship in a day? or have i read that wrong? i feel like the whole process is taking forever, it really gets to you. My stuff has been at the ANMC for 13 weeks now, they lost my IELTS results and the NMC sent the documents to the wrong place 1st time around. I am a bit confused with this APHRA thing as well?? Any info would be great.

Thanks, Pamela x

Hi Helen, I was just wondering if you could help me out as you look like you are heading the same road i am. I am trying to decide on state sponsorship, me and my partner want to go to Queensland as we have friends there that we are going to live with until we settle. Do you think it's better to go down the state sponsorship route? my agent said it would only be a few months of a difference but that is a lot to me! Did you get your state sponsorship in a day? or have i read that wrong? i feel like the whole process is taking forever, it really gets to you. My stuff has been at the ANMC for 13 weeks now, they lost my IELTS results and the NMC sent the documents to the wrong place 1st time around. I am a bit confused with this APHRA thing as well?? Any info would be great.

Thanks, Pamela x

Hi Pamela,

Yea looks like we are in a similar position. Where in Queensland are u heading?

If you are wanting to go on a permanent visa, go for the state sponsorship 176 visa. Queensland are still sponsoring while we wait for the release of the state migration plans. And yes I did get the sponorship confirmed within a day :arghh: although it took about 10 days to actually receive my determination letter in the post.

If nurses are on the Queensland SMP's we will go to category 2 which means visas will be processed quite fast. Otherwise if you go straight for the skilled 175 visa you will stay at cat. 3 which they are saying is taking between 12-18 months....... Too long if you ask me. Especially the way the NHS is going, will be lucky to have a job in 18 months.

Give the ANMC a ring, they are very friendly. It shouldn't be taking this long. I had my skills assessment back in just over 3 weeks. But that was after ringing them.

You do need to have applied for your nurse registration to APHRA before you can submit your state sponsorship. A photocopy of your application will be sufficient as proof that you have applied. I also included a copy of my postage receipt. Well, my agent sent everything off for me.For queensland also, you need funds which cant be possible funds from house sale or the like. You have to provide a bank statement showing a certain amount, depending how many of you there are.

I've probably bombarded you with info, but hope it helps. Everything does take forever and does start to take over your life. If its not 1 thing its another. I'm at the stage now where I keep checking APHRA to see if my reg. has come through and the DIAC website checking my visa status :daydreaming:

At least APHRA have now taken my money. So fingers crossed I get my reg. through soon.

All the best. Just be patient.

x Helen

Guest Pamela and Brian

Hi Helen, no honestly you havn't bombarded me with info the more the better. I am heading to the sunshine coast because that is where our friends are and we are going to live with them until we get settled. It's me and my partner who is a painter and decorator. No kids as yet hence the hurry to get over lol. I turn 30 in December and i know i lose points after that but state sponsorship seems the way to go! I am really confused by this aphra and anmc thing, i have e-amiled my agent and asked him to explain things better. Is the ANMC different from APHRA then? i really have left everything to my agent as that's what they are getting paid for but it seems to be taking ages. He doesn't think i will have my visa by the summer and i was hoping to be away May/July at the very latest. Have you been given a time frame? What kind of things do i need to provide for state sponsorship? i am not familiar with this website yet can you do private messages?

sorry for bombarding you but you seem to know your stuff ;) Pamela x

Guest Taylor72
Hi Helen, no honestly you havn't bombarded me with info the more the better. I am heading to the sunshine coast because that is where our friends are and we are going to live with them until we get settled. It's me and my partner who is a painter and decorator. No kids as yet hence the hurry to get over lol. I turn 30 in December and i know i lose points after that but state sponsorship seems the way to go! I am really confused by this aphra and anmc thing, i have e-amiled my agent and asked him to explain things better. Is the ANMC different from APHRA then? i really have left everything to my agent as that's what they are getting paid for but it seems to be taking ages. He doesn't think i will have my visa by the summer and i was hoping to be away May/July at the very latest. Have you been given a time frame? What kind of things do i need to provide for state sponsorship? i am not familiar with this website yet can you do private messages?

sorry for bombarding you but you seem to know your stuff ;) Pamela x

Hi Pamela,

As Helen will validate patience is not my best virtue :wink::wink: Im at the twiddling my thumb stage, visa in and fingers crossed. At the tender age of 30 i wouldnt worry too much about losing points,but at my age 39+1 the clock starts to tick.

Just to clarify for you the ANMC is just a skill assessment, to see if your qualifications are up to ozzy standards. So there is no worries there, but what i would say is ring the ANMC up a few times and i found mithering worked for me lol:biglaugh: The APHRA is the registration part of it, which from what i can gather on here is a bit of a nightmare. I applied before they all merged phewww lucky me. For statesponsorship you will have to show financial assets, they will take creditcard statements showing how much credit you have available. My capital was in my house so i got a couple of credit cards and that did the trick. Bit mad really when ive never had a credit card before, and ive got none now as ive cancelled them now haha they served a purpose i suppose. It looks like the state migration plans wont be out anytime soon :no:

But dont worry when things start to move it will put us all in a spin :wub:

And Hi Helen hows you matey xx

Annette x

Hi Pamela,

As Helen will validate patience is not my best virtue :wink::wink: Im at the twiddling my thumb stage, visa in and fingers crossed. At the tender age of 30 i wouldnt worry too much about losing points,but at my age 39+1 the clock starts to tick.

Just to clarify for you the ANMC is just a skill assessment, to see if your qualifications are up to ozzy standards. So there is no worries there, but what i would say is ring the ANMC up a few times and i found mithering worked for me lol:biglaugh: The APHRA is the registration part of it, which from what i can gather on here is a bit of a nightmare. I applied before they all merged phewww lucky me. For statesponsorship you will have to show financial assets, they will take creditcard statements showing how much credit you have available. My capital was in my house so i got a couple of credit cards and that did the trick. Bit mad really when ive never had a credit card before, and ive got none now as ive cancelled them now haha they served a purpose i suppose. It looks like the state migration plans wont be out anytime soon :no:

Annette x

Hi Annette,

All good here. Like yourself just twiddling my thumbs......Rains cleared a bit now..... Still want that sunshine though.

Hoping my registration comes through any day now, since they have my money now.

Soooooo relieved now I told my mum and dad and sis. Such a weight off my mind. Mum wants to keep talking about it. She's been great, but I still feel a little awkward.Don't know why.. no reason really. Started clearing out the garage today. So much to do to get the house ready for selling. But anyway we might be in for a long wait anyway.

I was looking on another thread today where someones friend only applied in August and got 175 visa in September. You just never know. Just want these SMP's out.

Not heard from Sharon. I'm going to send her a message. I do hope she is ok.

Pamela,

If you ever want to PM no problem. Fire ahead with the questions. Will see if we can answer.

Everything does take time but no sooner you've finished 1 stage you soon get onto the next.

x Helen

I hope my registration come through seeing as they took my money in May and have not assessed it since. Fingers crossed that the new application was the means to a happy ending x

Roz

x

Guest Pamela and Brian
Hi Pamela,

Annette x

Hi Annette, thanks so much for your input. I just have to speak to my agent and find out when we apply to AHPRA. Where abouts in OZ are you heading to? Any idea how long your visa will take? I really wish we had started the process sooner but hey ho! Our friends get married in December next year and i want to be over there for that. Plus with the way the job situation is here (Scotland, Ayrshire and Arran) i'm more than ready to get out of here!! I have a credit card and savings so that should't be a problem!

Pamela x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RobotMouse

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you need to have your AHPRA registration before you can apply for state sponsorship and/or 176 visa? I didn't think this was necessary, only the ANMC skills assessment was required before applying, but have recently heard that you need both before you can apply.

Hi any info on registering with the Nurses board in WA?? do the mutually recognise or not yet?? keep hearing different things and when I cal the WA board, no one seems to know the story........... any help would be appreciated

Cheers

:mask:

Hi I currently hold PR states under an 857 regional visa for NSW. I am leaving for WA soon and I wondered if I can take my PR visa and work on that or do I need to apply for another work visa??? :goofy:

Cheers

hope you dont mind me posting my questions here. firstly lm trying to register with the nursing board and lm currently living in the uk and working as a nurse. l have read the requirements but lm not sure of some of the requirements ie.

-recency to practice what documents do they require?

-indeminity insurance what documents do they require?

could l also know please what documents could l include overally for registration?

Hi Everyone,

I have just Joined Poms in Oz, so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

My Husband and I have applied for 176 visa as he is a Graphic Designer and my Sister is a Permenant Resident living in Perth who will be sponsoring us. We applied in March 2009 and are still waiting :-(

I was hoping to start my Registered Nurse Diploma when we get to Australia, but have decided to start in the UK as it may help our application. I have started on the Adult Branch but am wondering if the Child Branch would be more suitable for Australia? I have tried looking online but cant find any information regarding branches in Australia.

Can anyone help me?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah x

Guest Taylor72
Hi Everyone,

I have just Joined Poms in Oz, so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

My Husband and I have applied for 176 visa as he is a Graphic Designer and my Sister is a Permenant Resident living in Perth who will be sponsoring us. We applied in March 2009 and are still waiting :-(

I was hoping to start my Registered Nurse Diploma when we get to Australia, but have decided to start in the UK as it may help our application. I have started on the Adult Branch but am wondering if the Child Branch would be more suitable for Australia? I have tried looking online but cant find any information regarding branches in Australia.

Can anyone help me?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

Dont quote me but i feel Adult branch, would give you more scope and opportunites, when applying for jobs. It is only me own personal opinion, but might be worth researching what the opportunites are like in oz in the area where you hope to relocate. When i did a reccie last Oct and handed out cv etc the feed back was really good and basically if i would of had everything in place, i would of had a job straight away !!

Good luck x

Annette

Guest Taylor72
Hi All,

Does anyone know if you need to have your AHPRA registration before you can apply for state sponsorship and/or 176 visa? I didn't think this was necessary, only the ANMC skills assessment was required before applying, but have recently heard that you need both before you can apply.

Hi

The answer is yes you now need registration in order to apply for 176, or at least evidence you have sent the paperwork off.

Annette

Guest Taylor72
Hi

I sent a copy of the receipt the AHPRA sent me for assessment and registration fee, do you think this is enough?

Gill x

Hi Gill

I think that should be ok, cos you could always forward the certificate of registration when you receive it. Which visa are you applying for ? 176

Annette

Guest Taylor72
Thanks Annette

Yes a 176 with SS from SA, hopefully!

What are your plans?

Gill x

Hi

Ive applied for a 176 as ive got state sponsorship with queensland and a job offer with Blue care, but unfortunately they dont sponsor. Which im not that worried about as i didnt want to be tied in anywhere, what about you ??

I put my visa in at the end of August and been twiddling my thumbs ever since. Wish these immigration people would sign of the smp s then we could all start hoping and dreaming again lol:wub:

Have you a family going with you ?? Ive got hubby and two children 15 and 11.

Cheers Annette

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colette12

Hi Guys,

I know this question is straying from the thread but i thought what better place to ask than lots and lots of nurses....

My friend would like to become a Nurse, She has two options - one would be 3yrs full time and she would become a Registered nurse the other is 18 months and she would become an enrolled nurse... what is the difference and would she be recognized in both the Uk and Australia, does either type find employment easier....any help would be awesome...

Thank you so much

Colette

Guest Taylor72
Hi Guys,

I know this question is straying from the thread but i thought what better place to ask than lots and lots of nurses....

My friend would like to become a Nurse, She has two options - one would be 3yrs full time and she would become a Registered nurse the other is 18 months and she would become an enrolled nurse... what is the difference and would she be recognized in both the Uk and Australia, does either type find employment easier....any help would be awesome...

Thank you so much

Colette

Hi Collette

I would definately say do the 3yrs full time and become a fully registered nurse. She would find it alot easier to find employment .An enrolled nurse used to fulfill alot of what a health care assistant did with very minimal nurse roll input . The scope for progressing in you career is virtually nil as that is as high as you could go and then the next step would be more training to top up your qualifications to become a fully functioning registered nurse. So its only my opinion, but its better to bite the bullet for three years then it gives you more career scope :hug:

Hope this helps Annette x

Hello!

After 3 months I finally have an email from AHPRA who say that they haven't received my file from ANMC yet in Sydney, do I know where it was sent? Now maybe wrong but presumed ANMC knew where to send it, although this is the first time Sydney has been mentioned!!!??? I'm sure my form went to Melbourne? Then they have the cheeck to say that as I was registered before on a WHV in NSW in 1998, that they don't need my IELTS results! Thankfully as I am awaiting a 176 visa, I'm not under time pressure, but I do would like someone to shout at a bit!:arghh:

Has anyone needed to get ANMC send their file twice, will they do this?

Thanks

Gill x