NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi All,

Can anyone with recent experience tell me if AHPRA accept IELTS test results and certificates of good standing when they are transferred from the ANMC after they’ve completed a skills assessment? I’m asking because under normal circumstances these two documents should come directly from the issuing authority – common sense suggests there shouldn’t be a problem but we are talking about AHPRA…

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon.

Hi All,

Can anyone with recent experience tell me if AHPRA accept IELTS test results and certificates of good standing when they are transferred from the ANMC after they’ve completed a skills assessment? I’m asking because under normal circumstances these two documents should come directly from the issuing authority – common sense suggests there shouldn’t be a problem but we are talking about AHPRA…

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I recently have had registration confirmed, and I had to provide only a c.v, evidence of professional education and marriwge certificate for change of name, all rest of documents were covered by my anmc assessment,

Gill x:biggrin:

I recently have had registration confirmed, and I had to provide only a c.v, evidence of professional education and marriwge certificate for change of name, all rest of documents were covered by my anmc assessment,

Gill x:biggrin:

Thanks for that info Gill, i have been wondering the same thing myself. It saves me messing about with the NMC sending verification again! Just emailed ANMC today to forward on my docs :cute: What sort of info did you send for evidence of professional education?

Congratulations on getting your registration! and a visa CO!!

Bev x

Hi Bev,

I sent a document (on headed notepaper) I made of all study days, training, mentoring, teaching etc with info on what learning outcomes etc I had achieved, then got my Charge Nurse to sign it as correct! I also downloaded a copy of my training record from the health board intranet. Mainly concentrated on last 12 months but NHS training record covered 4 years. Was a bit nervous as Oz seems to have higher hours of p.d but thought I could only be judged against U.K guideline?

You're doing so well at speeding through the applications!

Gill x

Thanks Gill, i'll wait and see if they ask for it...(probably be this time next year knowing the time and trouble they are causing!). I know i've been filling in form after form since Nov!! Big dream for 6 years but only just bothered to start sorting things as OH is in the forces and due out in July :jiggy:wish i had started things a bit earlier though! I've noticed i'm getting alot of headaches recently...must be due to staring at this bloody thing day in day out!!!! lol :wub: x

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Bev if i was you, i would forward evidence of professional development as you will certainly be asked for it. My ANMC file didn't contain evidence of this and it was requested as it's part of the criteria for registration.

The verification you have on file is acceptable so long as it's not more than 12 months old.

Good luck.

Hi Bev if i was you, i would forward evidence of professional development as you will certainly be asked for it. My ANMC file didn't contain evidence of this and it was requested as it's part of the criteria for registration.

The verification you have on file is acceptable so long as it's not more than 12 months old.

Good luck.

Thankyou, will crack on with it asap!:biggrin:

Guest smogmonster

Hi all, im in the process of finally being able to proceed with my Modified ANMC skills assessment. Their website states a legal practitoner can certify documents...does this iinclude Solicitors?

Guest Magnetic6
Hi, what kind of info re professional development did u supply? When I apply for registration I'll be a newly qualified midwife. So wot shud I supply? Thanks

I wouldn't worry, your training will count as development. I supplied evidence of mandatory study days and what they covered i.e. neonatal resus, obstsetric emergencies. I'd also been on lots of baby friendly/breast feeding workshops in the last 12-18months so sent certificates of attendance. I don't think you'll need this is in your particular circumstances though if you have anything like that, it certainly won't do any harm sending it.

I wouldn't worry, your training will count as development. I supplied evidence of mandatory study days and what they covered i.e. neonatal resus, obstsetric emergencies. I'd also been on lots of baby friendly/breast feeding workshops in the last 12-18months so sent certificates of attendance. I don't think you'll need this is in your particular circumstances though if you have anything like that, it certainly won't do any harm sending it.

Ooo thanks very much! When you applied for your 175 visa, how did you go about supplying the documents you sent for your skills assessment? DIAC ask for certified copies of everything you sent.

Thanks.

I've just got CO and am about to start the registration process with AHPRA. I'm confused though, I've printed out the application form AGOS-04 and understand that I have to send payment with the form. The thing is that I did a full assessment with ANMC, so does it cost less now???? Also, do I just email ANMC to forward documentation on to AHPRA??? Also (again), do I have to repeat the documentation that is being asked for on the form, cos that would just be a pain in the **** to be honest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I've just got CO and am about to start the registration process with AHPRA. I'm confused though, I've printed out the application form AGOS-04 and understand that I have to send payment with the form. The thing is that I did a full assessment with ANMC, so does it cost less now???? Also, do I just email ANMC to forward documentation on to AHPRA??? Also (again), do I have to repeat the documentation that is being asked for on the form, cos that would just be a pain in the **** to be honest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ANMC, DIAC, AHPRA are all a pain in the ****!!! All my documents only reached Oz today for skills assessment after waiting 5 weeks, I need to get my 176 visa app in before July 1st as I don't qualify for the new system there after, so I've got everything crossed.

From what I've read, AHPRA are the worst to deal with, really particular with the info you supply. So you will definately have to send all the documents you've already supplied to other people to AHPRA. I think they want certified copies of everything too by a justice of the peace or notary public. How can you possible do this when you can't get your hands on hard copies of e.g. course transcript, verification of registration.

I think the whole process is the ultimate test to how much you want that sea and sunshine...and coming from newcastle I'm desperate!!!:arghh:

Good luck

Guest Chr1s07

Quick Question-

Im about to apply for registration with AHPRA. Can someone advise me if this is the first step in the process of becoming a registered nurse in Australia and am I correct in thinking you do not require a visa before applying for registration.

My plan is to gain registration and apply for a visa whilst in Australia in 6 months time.

Quick Question-

Im about to apply for registration with AHPRA. Can someone advise me if this is the first step in the process of becoming a registered nurse in Australia and am I correct in thinking you do not require a visa before applying for registration.

My plan is to gain registration and apply for a visa whilst in Australia in 6 months time.

Your right, you dont need a visa for registration with AhPRA

Guest Magnetic6

I didn't get ANYTHING certified when i applied online for my visa. You don't have too so long as all the documents that you scan and attach to your apllication have some form of colour on them. Save your money!

edited to add you don't have to send a transcript of your training to DIAC, good luck and ask away if i can help at all.

Guest jovyazarcon

Help..

I'm still on the filling up the application for general registration (graduated or trained overseas) as a Registered Nurse. The 6th questions asks for the residential address of principal place of practice/employment in Australia.. Does it mean I have to know what hospital I'll be applying for?

I didn't get ANYTHING certified when i applied online for my visa. You don't have too so long as all the documents that you scan and attach to your apllication have some form of colour on them. Save your money!

edited to add you don't have to send a transcript of your training to DIAC, good luck and ask away if i can help at all.

Hi again

I'm confused because it does say on the DIAC website I have to. I'm Applying by post so maybe that's why. But if u didn't then maybe they'll accept my skills assessment documents straight from ANMC. Our sponsor has already completed the paperwork so it's gonna be going by post. I just want to make sure I do everything they want as it must be in by July 1st! I won't qualify on the new points system afterwards, argh! X

Guest ballybeg0

Hi,

I'm qualifying as a direct entry midwife in Sept and will get my Irish registration mid-Oct. I was hoping to apply for Australian registration immediately but will have no work history apart from my internship. Does anyone know if you can apply straight after qualifying?? This whole thing seems to be a minefield...

Thanks Anne

Guest Magnetic6

It is confusing isn't it but you'll get there in the end! Yes if you're applying by post your stuff needs to be certified, when it's online and in colour you don't have to x

Guest Chr1s07
Tafflass Quote:

Originally Posted by Chr1s07 viewpost.gif

Quick Question-

Your right, you dont need a visa for registration with AhPRA

I previously asked the above question and got the response shown above.

Is this correct? Are you not required to have your skills assessed by the ANMC first?

I went on the website to fill out the form to have skills assessed and it says

This form is for applicants who have been requested by the dept of immigration to have a skills assessment carried out.

I have not been requested by the IMMI to have a skills assessment carried out since I am not eligible until mid July to apply for the visa.

I was advised to have a skills assessment IELTS all done before I apply for the visa.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a guide as to what my first steps are in registering as a nurse in Australia.

Guest tandcmum
I previously asked the above question and got the response shown above.

Is this correct? Are you not required to have your skills assessed by the ANMC first?

I went on the website to fill out the form to have skills assessed and it says

This form is for applicants who have been requested by the dept of immigration to have a skills assessment carried out.

I have not been requested by the IMMI to have a skills assessment carried out since I am not eligible until mid July to apply for the visa.

I was advised to have a skills assessment IELTS all done before I apply for the visa.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a guide as to what my first steps are in registering as a nurse in Australia.

you don't need your skills assessed before getting registration npor do you need visa first depending on what type of visa you are going for. The 457 business temp visa requires only registration which can be done without ANMC assessment. I think also possibly some of the sponsosred visas do not require skills assessment either. The 175 ans 176 PR visas however do require ANMC and IELTS i believe

Guest Chr1s07

Yes I am applying for a 176 perm visa, but I cannot apply for the visa until July this year as i do not have 12 of the last 24 months work experience.

What I want to do is have my skills assessed before July and be a registered nurse. Then in July i can appply for the visa.

However, the first problem I have encountered is that when applying to have my skills assessed the document states;

this form is for applicants who have been requested by the dept of immigration to have a skills assessment carried out.

I have not been requested by the IMMI, can i not just get my skills assessed before I apply for the visa? I want to get a head and have everything done.

Im probably complicating things but I have no idea about how the process works.