NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Me too Lisa, i went to the court to get mine certified (same court as before), and only realised when i had got home that the stamp they used said magistrates clerk not JOP!!! hope they will accept these, but they were JOPs!!!. I sent them in Feb and still not heard a peep!

Hiya,

Can I just ask you a little question Lil Bev. Did you get the ANMC to forward your paperwork on for you, and did you just send in a CV also? I see some girls are sending in a copy of their prep for one year, did you do that too?

Sorry for the mountain of questions!!

Donna x

AHPRA said they had lost all my previous paperwork so have to send it all again.

A Notary Public can be found here

Notaries2.html

Ring all in your area as prices vary :-)

Whats all this about character references. Who sent them and who didnt ??

Hiya,

Can I just ask you a little question Lil Bev. Did you get the ANMC to forward your paperwork on for you, and did you just send in a CV also? I see some girls are sending in a copy of their prep for one year, did you do that too?

Sorry for the mountain of questions!!

Donna x

Hi Donna, I've asked them to send it on for me but everytime i email them to get it confirmed i get no reply!!! Yes i sent a CV with my application, i sent all docs asked for just incase they didn't get the stuff from ANMC, plus it saves me paying out for NMC verification again. Still need to sort out evidence of CPD to send them x

Hi Donna, I've asked them to send it on for me but everytime i email them to get it confirmed i get no reply!!! Yes i sent a CV with my application, i sent all docs asked for just incase they didn't get the stuff from ANMC, plus it saves me paying out for NMC verification again. Still need to sort out evidence of CPD to send them x

Have planned to do the same. Got an appointment with justice of the peace to do all my docs again, and just hope my NMC one finds its way to them from the AMNC. My friend has just been registered and did not have to send any prep stuff in, and did not have to provide any character references at all either.

What alot of double work!

Thanks, may ask a few other questions if thats ok!

Donna x

Have planned to do the same. Got an appointment with justice of the peace to do all my docs again, and just hope my NMC one finds its way to them from the AMNC. My friend has just been registered and did not have to send any prep stuff in, and did not have to provide any character references at all either.

What alot of double work!

Thanks, may ask a few other questions if thats ok!

Donna x

No probs! How long did it take your friend to get registered? x

No probs! How long did it take your friend to get registered? x

Hiya, she got her registration through last week, and it took her five months. She is already in Brisbane, and there were alot of delays, with the flooding and other probs I think.

I e.mailed APHRA last night and asked them a few questions. We do not need to send in the CPD unless we are one of the one's picked for audit purposes, and they will then request it at a later date. I have not been employed for 5 years with the same employer, and I must have read the instructions wrong as I thought the CV needed to be validated by employer for last 5 years, but current employer is fine.

Donna x:biggrin:

Guest nicandchris

Each document page needs to be certified however document such as transcripts should only count as one singe document and paid foras such.:biggrin:

Hi folks, im ready to get all my documents signed by a magistrate, but some are multiple pages long (eg course transcripts) - does each individual page require certifying, or can he/she just certify each document (eg the first or last page)?

Guest nicandchris

I sent off my nursing skills assessmment and didnt add any study/development/professional developments in it at all. The agency that i work with checked and sent it off - does this mean that it may get sent back for more info?:mad:

Hi Bev if i was you, i would forward evidence of professional development as you will certainly be asked for it. My ANMC file didn't contain evidence of this and it was requested as it's part of the criteria for registration.

The verification you have on file is acceptable so long as it's not more than 12 months old.

Good luck.

AHPRA Update on English language requirements for registration

AHPRA - Board update on English language skills registration standard

>>21 March 2011

Board update on English language skills registration standard

The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (the Board) today confirmed that the current English language skills registration standard remains in place pending the outcome of an extensive consultation process.<<

The current one is here

AHPRA - Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives

Was is not clear is if they will take into account 2ndary Education for English instead of IELTS as before

Guest csmyth86

Hi there I have been reading the forum for nearly a year now and decided to register and ask for some help, I am a registered nurse in Glasgow and trying to send away for registration in oz, now I am in the process of gathering my paperwork to send off to aphra, I contacted my university to obtain the transcript of training and they have told me they would send it direct to aphra? Is this common practice? I was led to believe that the transcript had to be signed by a justice of the peace? Would it be accepted if it was sent from the uni?

AHPRA Update on English language requirements for registration

AHPRA - Board update on English language skills registration standard

>>21 March 2011

Board update on English language skills registration standard

The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (the Board) today confirmed that the current English language skills registration standard remains in place pending the outcome of an extensive consultation process.<<

The current one is here

AHPRA - Internationally Qualified Nurses and Midwives

Was is not clear is if they will take into account 2ndary Education for English instead of IELTS as before

The OH has her 'eligible to register' letter from AHPRA. Once we get to Oz she has to go into the local AHPRA office with proof of identity and criminal checks and she will be put on the register. This is WITHOUT IELTS but proof that she was taught and assessed in English........

Guest csmyth86

Thank you woody that's great, could I also ask what documentation your oh sent to prove secondary school education was taught in English? Is a letter from the school sufficient alongside sqa certificates? Thanks in advance

Thank you woody that's great, could I also ask what documentation your oh sent to prove secondary school education was taught in English? Is a letter from the school sufficient alongside sqa certificates? Thanks in advance

Hi

I contacted my secondary school and the deputy head typed a letter for me on letterheaded paper which stated that I was taught and assessed in English and passed all my GCSE's in English. The letter was signed by deputy head with the school stamp on it. This seemed to be fine with AHPRA.

Hi there I have been reading the forum for nearly a year now and decided to register and ask for some help, I am a registered nurse in Glasgow and trying to send away for registration in oz, now I am in the process of gathering my paperwork to send off to aphra, I contacted my university to obtain the transcript of training and they have told me they would send it direct to aphra? Is this common practice? I was led to believe that the transcript had to be signed by a justice of the peace? Would it be accepted if it was sent from the uni?

Hi

My Uni The University of Plymouth gave me the choice about the transcript, they said they could either send it directly to AHPRA or send it to me. I had it sent to me, cost me £37.50, uni were very good and received in post within 2 days of asking for it, then I took it to J of P to stamp and sign.

Guest csmyth86

Hey, thanx I have contacted the school and requested this so I will wait and see wat they say hopefully they should do it no problem

Guest csmyth86

Hi Molly I contacted the university ( Glasgow Caledonian University) I asked for the transcript to be sent to me but they said that's not their policy and they send it directly to AHPRA, and I also asked if there was a fee but never got an answer so I'm assuming it's free.

Hey, thanx I have contacted the school and requested this so I will wait and see wat they say hopefully they should do it no problem

Unfortunately my OH's secondary school only keeps records for 10 years so I had to go to the board that marked the GCSE's. I requested a copy of the final exam results and asked them to include a letter stating that all subjects were taught and assessed in English, they did that no problem ..........

Guest smogmonster

Folks, has anyone looked into what will happen to Diploma nurses after July 1st? There are 3 options at the moment - 20pts for a PhD, 15 for a degree, and 10 for an Australian Diploma, an AQF (Whatever that is), or an Offshore recognised apprenticeship. Obviously as Diploma nurses we dont fit into any category. Would we be able to claim 20 pts as at present where (for immigration) a Diploma is considered sufficiently equal to an Aussie degree? Or 10pts for an offshore qualification, or (gulp) no points at all for the Diploma?

Folks, has anyone looked into what will happen to Diploma nurses after July 1st? There are 3 options at the moment - 20pts for a PhD, 15 for a degree, and 10 for an Australian Diploma, an AQF (Whatever that is), or an Offshore recognised apprenticeship. Obviously as Diploma nurses we dont fit into any category. Would we be able to claim 20 pts as at present where (for immigration) a Diploma is considered sufficiently equal to an Aussie degree? Or 10pts for an offshore qualification, or (gulp) no points at all for the Diploma?

Hiya, I am not exactly sure what it will mean. My agent keeps asking me what I have when I speak to him, I have a BSc(Hons) Nursing, then he says oh thats fine then. So, not exactly sure what is going to happen. What a rotten feeling for everyone. I could ask him next time we speak, ass he seems tto know lots,

Donna x

I'm not sure about your question and the Nurse Dip being equivalent to an Aussie Degree; good question though.

However

The changes in July only apply to the following visa's

Copied from DIAC

>>Who will the new points test apply to?

It is important to note that the new points test will only apply to one component of the skilled migration program. This change will not affect every type of skilled migration visa and only applies to applicants for the following visas:

1. Subclass 885 Skilled Independent

2. Subclass 886 Skilled Sponsored

3. Subclass 487 Skilled Regional Sponsored

4. Subclass 175 Skilled Independent

5. Subclass 176 Skilled Sponsored

6. Subclass 475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored.

When will the new points test come into effect?

It is proposed that the new points test will apply to applications made from 1 July 2011, unless the applicant is eligible for transitional arrangements.<<

It will not apply to 457 and the ENS 121 which don't need the full Degree.

Yes this will effectively stop the GSM route for many with the Diploma. Not sure why they are doing this but I've heard a rumour that they want Nurses to go down the 457/121 route, the concern was that people getting GSM 175/176's and then not following up with a job as a nurse.

When they realise that the numbers of nurses immigrating falls they may have to change this.

Guest smogmonster

Cheers folks, that is sort of what i read into it as well. I can still achieve the 65 point mark (Age 25, IELTS 20, Work exp 15, State sponsorship 5pts) without any qualification points - is it a case of you have to have a qualification that i have listed above to qualify for a 176, or is it the case that i will still be eliglible without one as i have made up the points elsewhere?

Cheers folks, that is sort of what i read into it as well. I can still achieve the 65 point mark (Age 25, IELTS 20, Work exp 15, State sponsorship 5pts) without any qualification points - is it a case of you have to have a qualification that i have listed above to qualify for a 176, or is it the case that i will still be eliglible without one as i have made up the points elsewhere?

Hiya, just wondering how you get 15 points for work experience, when that is - worked 8 out of the last 10 years, when you are 25 years old?

Just thinking you have had to have trained for 3/4 years in that time too?

Only a question, as was looking through the new points for myself there just now,

Donna x:smile: