NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Thanks HB. Was having a paranoid day today, think AHPRA just saw my date of birth and thought they would give me the run around rather than say I am too old! But I have now received an email from Tasmania asking when I can give a telephone interview!! Chicken and egg comes to mind

My OH has all the paperwork and application ready to send off to APHRA for his nursing registration. I have read on this forum somewhere that it best to send it to Perth or another office other than Canberra as it will be processed quicker. Cany anyone shed any light on this please?? Also if we send it to say Darwin, does that mean we will have to go to Darwin when we arrive in Oz with our paperwork?

Also we are thinking of applying for PR using visa 175 but have just realised we could if we wanted apply using 176 and get state sponsership. We have not decided yet which state we want to go to but are swaying towards Brisbane so I guess we would need to apply for SS with Queensland people. On that note does anyone know how much money you need to have in your bank account as they ask for your bank statement??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Arthur & Amanda

yayyy, 10 months must be the record now.. but I finally got my name on the register yesterday. I can now start work on Monday. Talk about cutting it fine!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, can u tell us how much money you need to have to get QLD SS?

Hi, can u tell us how much money you need to have to get QLD SS?

Hi ya, $20,000 for main applicant and $5000 for each dependant. Cant be in the form of equity on your house or isas, shares etc. Need to have a bank statement with evidence of cash in. If you can scramble money from various sources put in in your bank,credit cards etc, get a statement then put the money back to wherever it came from. It doesnt need to be there for a certain length of time. It was said on PIO before we should have a pot of money on here that gets moved about for people to use for evidence.....HeHeHeHeHe........:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi, new to this and quite confused about applying through AHPRA, so any advice appreciated! I'm a British trained RMN, old style hospital trained so not got a diploma or degree in nursing, although more recently have completed a social science degree and also lots of nursing relevant professional development. I lived in Australia for several years back in the 1990's, got citizenship, and was registered and worked in NSW so all documents verified etc then and ok. Have been back in UK for 10 years but now returning to Aus. Obviously the system has changed and it seems i need to reapply through AHPRA from scratch, but as i've already been registered and worked in Australia for years shouldnt there be some record of my previous registration which means i wouldnt have to reprovide all the evidence again? I'm also concerned that my nursing qualification wont be recognised any more, yet if i'd stayed registered in NSW it would have just been tranferred over. Have trawled through the AHPRA site and am not clear about this and have emailed them and got very vague reply.

Also anyone know how long process takes and if worthwhile applying in UK or waiting till back in Australia?

Many thanks for any advice!

Nell

Guest donaa2

Hi there, good luck with AHPRA. I applied to them in oct 2010 when we were still in the UK but they only sorted my registration two weeks ago.m We have been here since Jan but I have been unable to work as I had no registration. If i was you I would apply before leaving the UK asthen it is easier if you need to contact pepole to get any evidence that AHPRA require and in my experience they do ask for evidence from training establishments etc etc. Andrea

Hi, new to this and quite confused about applying through AHPRA, so any advice appreciated! I'm a British trained RMN, old style hospital trained so not got a diploma or degree in nursing, although more recently have completed a social science degree and also lots of nursing relevant professional development. I lived in Australia for several years back in the 1990's, got citizenship, and was registered and worked in NSW so all documents verified etc then and ok. Have been back in UK for 10 years but now returning to Aus. Obviously the system has changed and it seems i need to reapply through AHPRA from scratch, but as i've already been registered and worked in Australia for years shouldnt there be some record of my previous registration which means i wouldnt have to reprovide all the evidence again? I'm also concerned that my nursing qualification wont be recognised any more, yet if i'd stayed registered in NSW it would have just been tranferred over. Have trawled through the AHPRA site and am not clear about this and have emailed them and got very vague reply.

Also anyone know how long process takes and if worthwhile applying in UK or waiting till back in Australia?

Many thanks for any advice!

Nell

Interesting Q as you have already worked in Oz, so there must be a way of them recognising this? Call them. the AHPRA reg forms are on their site. I have found that mine took about 3 months to process, but I was lucky in that I submitted in person whilst on hols in Adelaide. I don't have degree nursing, post grad dip in MH (leads to RMN) ......and my other qualifications were helpful, but not essential. def worth applying from UK though! just phone, the e-mails I initially received were vague and confusing also!"

:biggrin:

Guest tandcmum

I have asked my HR manager for a startement of service today and I hope it's going to be okay. She is doing it on headed paper and is putting how long i have been employed at what level in my current role and what other positions i have held with the board (this only covers the past couple of years as i've worked elsewhere) she is going to put im a band 6 registered nurse, employed full time and caries out duties as in attached job description, which she is going to attach and i'm going to put my ksf job decrition in with it too

Does this sound okay forAHPRA

I guess then i just need to get my CV signed by my manager to say it is corect (which seems weird as they haven't been my manager in all my other nursing posts for the past 14 yrs)

Guest smogmonster

Hi all, just to give you a timeline idea, i received my ANMAC approval today (modified assessment), 9 weeks after sending it all off.

Hi all,

I am having problems getting my documents certified. I contacted my local Magistrate's court - Gloucester, and nearly passed out at the cost. They want £60 per document, and I have about 10 documents but need 3 copies of each I thought (for ANMAC, AHPRA, and visa application), so that £1800 for the documents. Does anyone have any idea of where I could go to get them done for cheaper close to Gloucester. Thanks. Tracey

Guest laura1106

hi tracey. I got mine done for free by a justice of the peace. You need to make an appointment i waited 2 weeks for mine but didnt mind as was not out of pocket. Thats a crazy price!!

Guest laura1106

thats crazy how can they justify that. Have you asked a notary public i got qouted £40 per 5 copies. Prob best to shop around the solicitors.

Guest laura1106

def not. If its only certificates etc they just check that they are the same. Mine only took about half hour to verify

Guest cdchaplin

i searched local internet for local notary. said will charge about £30 for all give or take few quid depending on how many i need!!

I'm sure you have sent your application off now but I sent mine to Canberra and they received it on the

4/5/11 and I was registered on the 5/5/11 and on the ahpra website as being registered, the staff were really helpful.

wow thats amazing! Congratulations!

Gill x

Guest jacqui70

Can anyone give me a timeline I sent application to Melbourne on 15th April, money taken out of account on 21st, but I haven't heard anything.Is this normal?? Some of you have spoken about checking the AHPRA site can you find out this way about yr application? Any info would be great

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sammif

when going for an independant visa, and you register with anmc, do you then have to register in the individual state aswell? we want to go to victoria, if that makes any difference ?!

Well AHPRA certainly know how to play with my emotions! In short I sent my appilcation etc off, then they returned it saying I hadn't included the full amount ($450), which I did!!. Sent it back to them 2 weeks ago. Now I have an email saying I have paid too much!! and they will only be taking $219. I suppose I should be grateful that they are at least considering my application, but I'm now really scared that they will again say I haven't paid enough :eek: