NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest Liverpool lou

Thanks, When are you heading off to oz? We go 9th Dec. Hopefully my registration will be sorted out before then lol

x

Guest Magnetic6

October, no flights booked as we've not decided which part of oz yet :swoon:

The front runners at the mo are The Central Coast or Northern NSW, where are you going?

Guest Liverpool lou

We are heading out to Brisbane but unsure of where we will settle. It all depends on jobs etc. We've never been to Brisbane so unsure of the suburbs. Another option is near the Gold coast. Its hard to see what places are like until we have actually been there and seen them.

Just a quick update, i've had an email from AHPRA saying that it's fine to have the ANMC forward my file. I just need to send the application form, payment and current CV.

I presume if there's anything missing from the file, they'll ask for it.

Thats great.

I can relax now and just fill in the paperwork.

Who did you get to witness your signature. Am I right in saying it needs to be like getting a certified copy, such as a solicitor ???

Just need to update my CV now.

Good luck.

X Helen

Guest Taylor72
Thats great.

I can relax now and just fill in the paperwork.

Who did you get to witness your signature. Am I right in saying it needs to be like getting a certified copy, such as a solicitor ???

Just need to update my CV now.

Good luck.

X Helen

Hi Helen

Just alittle suggestion, as i found out by experience. When i sent for registration, they where REALLY!!! picky with the certification of documents. Make sure your solicitor puts the stamp, his signature and printed version of his name and his title. They sent my forms back because my solicitor hadnt wrote his position of solicitor on my docs, even though it had his solicitor company name i was not impressed haha . When i rang them they said it could be anyone who had signed my form who had access to the stamp. :wub:

Annette x

Guest soozie

hi everyone,

can i ask a question about which way round to do skills ass/ahpra reg?

i was initially going to apply for state reg with the south aus nurses board, then do a modified skills assessment. however, now we do national reg with ahpra is it still possible (and cheaper!) to do it that way round, or am i better just doing the anmc full assessment then apply for reg? i noticed there was an overseas nurse assessment fee with the ahpra reg ... do you still have to pay that if you have had your skills assessed with the anmc?

its blinkin confusing!!

thanks for any replies/thoughts/advice :jiggy:

sue :cute:

I am in contact with Geneva health and they sent me info and tips for the new registration, hope this helps everyone

NMBA (AHPRA) REGISTRATION APPLICATION – HANDY HINTS

Following is information that may clarify queries that you have regarding the NMBA application form and accompanying document requirement:

• Information regarding documents that can be used for ‘proof of identity’ can be found on the NMBA website (see following link)

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/en/Registration/Registration-Process/Proof-of-Identity.aspx

To clarify, the minimum requirement is that you provide a document from Category A (so for most this can be your passport). You then are just required to provide in addition to that if possible at least one document from categories B, C, and D. So if you are unable to provide any documents from categories B, C, and D also, then just the document from Category A (ie - your passport) will be acceptable.

• Change of name document proof is required if you are stating on your application form a previous name that you've had, or have another name that you’re also known by, or any of your accompanying documents are in a different name than is stated on your application form. This may include a birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce document certificate, deed poll document etc as applicable.

• Accepted authorised persons for certifying documents to accompany overseas registration applications has yet to be confirmed by the NMBA. The NMBA are expected to be advising on this shortly. At present please enquire with your Geneva Health consultant regarding this and they will advise you accordingly.

• Verification (statement of good standing from - for example from the NMC) and IELTS results (if applicable and if being sent directly to the NMBA) need to be posted to the following address (all overseas applications are to be processed at the NMBA office in Victoria, no matter where you are to work in Australia):

AHPRA

GPO Box 9958

Melbourne

VIC 3000

Australia).

• It is acceptable to either attach a certified copy of IELTS results to the application, or have the results sent directly to AHPRA.

• On application form - Question 6 - as hospital is not at this stage known, just write your current residential address here instead and this will be accepted.

• On application form - Question 13 - it states that your employer needs to sign and write 'this application is true and correct as at (insert date)' on your CV. This is a printing error in the application form ( the application form is to be amended by the NMBA in due course). It is yourself, not your employer that needs to sign and write 'this application is true and correct as at (insert date)’ on your CV.

• The fee for an overseas application is: Application fee - $220 and Registration fee - $115. So a total of $335

Hi All

The anmc have agreed to send my file to the ahpra, so i have just added my c.v and the fee. I had to pay an assessment fee, application fee and renewal fee? $450 in total. Has anyone actually managed to get registered this way?

Very stressed by how confusing this is all, way before you have to even think about organising the reality of moving and living in Oz! Is it a test, do you think, to prove how keen you are??

Gill x

Hi. I'm not sure if this the right thread but my wife is coming in to her third and final year to become a nurse and has been given the option to step up from Diploma to Degree. What i was hpoing to find is what would be the minimum requirement in Australia to become a registered nurse, ie would she NEED to have her degree and not diploma to work in Australia. And also if anyone could help, what would her chances be of getting a job in nursing in Australia without having any experience other than completing her nursing Diploma? Many thanks in advance, Matt.

Matt, there is no difference so long as she is registered as a nurse with the NMC. I think she may have difficulty finding employment without a minimum of twelve months experience, although I have seen the odd advert in the past which was willing to accept new graduates.

Guest guest30038
Hi. I'm not sure if this the right thread but my wife is coming in to her third and final year to become a nurse and has been given the option to step up from Diploma to Degree. What i was hpoing to find is what would be the minimum requirement in Australia to become a registered nurse, ie would she NEED to have her degree and not diploma to work in Australia. And also if anyone could help, what would her chances be of getting a job in nursing in Australia without having any experience other than completing her nursing Diploma? Many thanks in advance, Matt.

Matt, I can only speak for my knowledge of Qld but employment for overseas nurses needs a requirement of 12 months post grad experience and in some employer's cases, 2 yrs.

There are new grad programmmes though, but they are currently inundated with applications with some new grads being only offered regional positions.

Work for Us | Nursing | Graduate Online Nursing Recruitment | Participating Hospitals

Work for Us, GNOR, new graduate nursing jobs, registered nurse jobs, graduate nurse, student nurse jobs, registered nurse jobs

Graduate placement & entry | Think Nursing

Good luck

kev

Thanks guys for that info. We are are fairly lucky in that i was born in Aus so we don't have any visa issues to contend with and all we are waiting for now is the for Mrs to finish her course so the thought that she might have to get a years experience before we come out is more than a little soul destroying. Anyway thanks again for your help, Matt.

Can someone please confirm where nursing registration applications should be sent to? I sent mine to the P.O box number in Melbourne as it says at the end of the application, but someone on another thread was told by APHRA her application should of been sent to Queensland.

Please help!!!!!!! :confused:

Guest Liverpool lou
Can someone please confirm where nursing registration applications should be sent to? I sent mine to the P.O box number in Melbourne as it says at the end of the application, but someone on another thread was told by APHRA her application should of been sent to Queensland.

I rang the ANMC and they said they had sent my documents onto victoria which I suppose will be melbourne as there are no other addresses for victoria that i know of. I will send mine off to Melbourne. Hope this helps

Lesley x

Guest SunshineSmile

Yes, Im wondering that too, I saw the same thread as you.. Its confusing? But it does state clearly at the bottom of the application form to post it to Melbourne.. there is another thread ive been posting alot in below about APHRA.. i will put the question up there to see if anyone can confirm :wink:

Yes, Im wondering that too, I saw the same thread as you.. Its confusing? But it does state clearly at the bottom of the application form to post it to Melbourne.. there is another thread ive been posting alot in below about APHRA.. i will put the question up there to see if anyone can confirm :wink:

Yea it definitely says Melbourne, but if you want to deliver in person it says to your local office. I just panic that my application never got there. Sent it off on 11-08 and also requested ANMC to forward my stuff on from them around the same time but no confirmation that this has been done........

Might ring them both in the morning before I go to work, make sure APHRA received papers and ANMC posted everything to Aphra....... OMG:arghh: Am I getting obsessed????????

State sponsorship went off on 16th too, so it's all happening........

Guest Taylor72
Yea it definitely says Melbourne, but if you want to deliver in person it says to your local office. I just panic that my application never got there. Sent it off on 11-08 and also requested ANMC to forward my stuff on from them around the same time but no confirmation that this has been done........

Might ring them both in the morning before I go to work, make sure APHRA received papers and ANMC posted everything to Aphra....... OMG:arghh: Am I getting obsessed????????

Hi Ya Helen :biggrin::biggrin:

You know my moto get them rung and mither mither mither lol then they get fed up with you and process it hehe. I got very friendly with the nice chap at queensland for my ss. I still talk to him if you want me to probe for you !! :idea:

It will all happen at once promise

Annette x

Guest SunshineSmile

I know.. so stressful.. and dont worry your not the only one.. would you believe i was actually dreaming last night that i paid for a ticket to fly to Oz just to sort out my registration....

OMG .... :shocked: I hope that wasnt one of them predictive dreams!!! :twitcy:

On a lighter note, isnt it great that things are happenning all the same!

Hi Ya Helen :biggrin::biggrin:

You know my moto get them rung and mither mither mither lol then they get fed up with you and process it hehe. I got very friendly with the nice chap at queensland for my ss. I still talk to him if you want me to probe for you !! :idea:

It will all happen at once promise

Annette x

Oh I know. Going to phone in the morning.

Please do probe ?????????? Speak to ya soon. xx

I know.. so stressful.. and dont worry your not the only one.. would you believe i was actually dreaming last night that i paid for a ticket to fly to Oz just to sort out my registration....

OMG .... :shocked: I hope that wasnt one of them predictive dreams!!! :twitcy:

On a lighter note, isnt it great that things are happenning all the same!

Funny about dreams. Annette will go mad with me for this one cos I still haven't told the parents. But I have told them really........ IN MY DREAMS........:SLEEP:It was so real and their reaction was good. Think I need to book a trip to Ireland to let them know the situation.

Oh yea, things are happening which is good. Just breathing, eating, sleeping Oz for the last 6 months. You just get 1 thing sorted and the next comes along. Nearly on last hurdle now, so can put the files of paperwork away.....:biggrin:

Guest Taylor72
Funny about dreams. Annette will go mad with me for this one cos I still haven't told the parents. But I have told them really........ IN MY DREAMS........:SLEEP:It was so real and their reaction was good. Think I need to book a trip to Ireland to let them know the situation.

Oh yea, things are happening which is good. Just breathing, eating, sleeping Oz for the last 6 months. You just get 1 thing sorted and the next comes along. Nearly on last hurdle now, so can put the files of paperwork away.....:biggrin:

what you like Helen :twitcy: see ur dream is a good omen, so go on tell them you can do it lol !!

Well ladies once you both get through this formality just the one big hurdle left VISA!!!!!:wub:. Then you just sit back and wait ,wait ,and wait some more, and my mithering doesnt work with those people, god damn it :arghh: !!! oh well the world loves a tryer and as my hubby would say im very trying hehe x

Annette x

Guest SunshineSmile

Guys, have a look down at the Ahpra thread going below, Annie who started the thread has been onto the Nurses Union and also the newspapers about the sorry situation with Ahpra :biggrin:

Guest Liverpool lou
Oh I know. Going to phone in the morning.

Please do probe ?????????? Speak to ya soon. xx

When I emailed the ANMC to get them to forward my documents onto Ahpra I didnt get confirmation that they had sent them on. That is why i rang ANMC to clarify whether they had done as I asked. The girl on the phone informed me they had been sent. So dont be suprised if you dont get a reply email

Lesley x

I rang APHRA this morning, determined to speak to someone so I let the phone ring + ring. Eventually,spoke to this really nice english chap..... Although he couldn't give me information, he did try to put me through to the Victoria nursing office. Unfortunately it was busy and I couldn't hold anymore cos work was calling me. But he gave me a number which he shouldn't of done so I am going to try again in the morning.

I'm going to ring ANMC aswell tomorrow.

Funny thing was the bloke I spoke to, spoke about how useless the other departments were because he couldn't get through, but then did say they were extremely busy..

I rang APHRA this morning, determined to speak to someone so I let the phone ring + ring. Eventually,spoke to this really nice english chap..... Although he couldn't give me information, he did try to put me through to the Victoria nursing office. Unfortunately it was busy and I couldn't hold anymore cos work was calling me. But he gave me a number which he shouldn't of done so I am going to try again in the morning.

I'm going to ring ANMC aswell tomorrow.

Funny thing was the bloke I spoke to, spoke about how useless the other departments were because he couldn't get through, but then did say they were extremely busy..

Sounds like the same bloke i spoke to 2 weeks ago ..... he told me he sent the victoria office an urgent message asking to phone me back in 24 - 48 hours - phone call never happened. However today i did finally receive an email stating that they had my application and was currently being reviewed ........... the saga continues

emma x