NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all Iam new to this site and wondering if anyone can help? Hoping to get my 189 visa in October and IAm looking to register with Aphra just don't know how I go about in from the UK can any one help? It asks for documents such as austrailian visa and obviously I haven't got this yet, also does anyone know if anmac will forward the paperwork as this is what is required by aphra or do I need to do it all again :-( Really need some help. Thanks all xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just looking to speak to someone who completed a hora before anmac. Can you do the modified assessment if you are still outside of Australia?

loulou, I'm sure anmac forward it if you ask them to. With regards to the Australian via etc just leave that section blank x

Hi

Can anyone help please?! My husband is in the process of a 457 visa and I am a registered nurse ( I am attached to his visa). Can I apply for my AHPRA without details of the visa, as the form isn't very clear

Thank you Becky

Hi just hoping someone can help with my question! I'm UK trained mental health nurse (diploma) of 16 years, registered with ahpra from 2009 to 2014, lived in oz and worked for qld health as a registered nurse during this time. Returned beck to UK and stupidly let registration lapse! Only just discovered the update on diploma nurses not being eligible and looking to return there to live and work. I've emailed them and asked specifically if I am eligible and they just send standard email saying look at the requirements and complete a whole no application.

Im hoping that because I've already been registered for 5 years and worked there that my circumstances will be taken into consideration. Has anyone been in my position or can give me any more clarification please before I waste a lot of time and money pulling everything together. Thanks in advance.

Hi just hoping someone can help with my question! I'm UK trained mental health nurse (diploma) of 16 years, registered with ahpra from 2009 to 2014, lived in oz and worked for qld health as a registered nurse during this time. Returned beck to UK and stupidly let registration lapse! Only just discovered the update on diploma nurses not being eligible and looking to return there to live and work. I've emailed them and asked specifically if I am eligible and they just send standard email saying look at the requirements and complete a whole no application.

Im hoping that because I've already been registered for 5 years and worked there that my circumstances will be taken into consideration. Has anyone been in my position or can give me any more clarification please before I waste a lot of time and money pulling everything together. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am a UK trained diploma registered nurse. Registered with AHPRA in 2012. Went back to UK - let registration lapse. Also panicked when new requirements were put in place. Phoned AHPRA - informed I needed to fill in form AGEN40 & resend all docs plus FIT2WORK assessment. Applied end of Feb this year. Received confirmation in April. Back in Oz now - had to present at AHPRA with docs again! Started work 1st June . It does actually state on the website that nurses previously registered with AHPRA are considered eligible for registration providing they meet other conditions such as CPD, criminal history etc. have a look under internationally trained nurse FAQ section think it's about section 32 but don't quote me on that! Hope this helps.

Sara

Hi,

I am a UK trained diploma registered nurse. Registered with AHPRA in 2012. Went back to UK - let registration lapse. Also panicked when new requirements were put in place. Phoned AHPRA - informed I needed to fill in form AGEN40 & resend all docs plus FIT2WORK assessment. Applied end of Feb this year. Received confirmation in April. Back in Oz now - had to present at AHPRA with docs again! Started work 1st June . It does actually state on the website that nurses previously registered with AHPRA are considered eligible for registration providing they meet other conditions such as CPD, criminal history etc. have a look under internationally trained nurse FAQ section think it's about section 32 but don't quote me on that! Hope this helps.

Sara

Hi Sara,

thats really helpful, thank you!! I will have a look at the web site again. How did you get your police check done? Can't remember now it's so long ago. was there a time scale between obtaining registration again and presenting docs to them in person?

Will have to get sorted now to pull all the stuff together thanks again. Are you working in qld?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just wondering if any UK nurse have registered with Aphra, iam currently awaiting visa decision but would like to start my registration process, the application form is not easily explained neither are their emails, can I send the application without my Australian visa or do I have to wait?? Also do any of you know who can sign my documents in the UK as a solicitor don't seem sufficient ?? Thanks all xx

Ahpra is a friggin nightmare!

Can anyone please clarify - I have been granted my 189 visa - had to obtain police check certificates from the uk and oz as part of the process, now doing the paperwork to register with ahpra and it seems I can't just use a certified copy of these, I have to apply and pay for another check through that fit2work thing! Have I got this right??!

Thanks, Kymm :)

Ahpra is a friggin nightmare!

Can anyone please clarify - I have been granted my 189 visa - had to obtain police check certificates from the uk and oz as part of the process, now doing the paperwork to register with ahpra and it seems I can't just use a certified copy of these, I have to apply and pay for another check through that fit2work thing! Have I got this right??!

Thanks, Kymm :)

I haven't sent any police check for AHPRA, I thought it was just needed for the employeer and visa?

Alex x

Is this a new thing? Has it come in since the changes?

I thought it was just if you HAD a criminal history, looking at AGOS-40 form questio 15 if you answer yes it advises you to attach a copy, if no it says go to next question.

When I applied January 2014 my application and supporting information was all fine apart from the diploma/degree issue (hence refusal of reg), and I didn't provide police check.

Worried now!

Actually nursealex looks like u may be right, got the form in front of me and must of misread but u may be right, this aphra application I'd driving me insane sending mine if next week just working on my cv so maybe that's one less thing I have to pay for, have u already sent urs ?

Hi everyone,

I too am in the process of completing the dreaded AHPRA application! Just a few questions about the CV:

1) Will they require certificate from my access course which I completed before getting in to uni?

2) Will I have to send in copies of GCSE certificates if I have done IELTS academic and achieved a band score of 7's or above? (Can't find any of the certificates!).

3) they want past 5 years employment history - I started my access in sept 2010, then went on to start degree in sept 2011 (transferred uni's after year 1), qualified jan 2015 and have been working since. I make that a few weeks under 5 years, which will probably be 5 years by the time I apply! Does anyone know if I need to provide anything before this? (I was a stay at home mom before this). Thank you.

1) I didn't give them my access course cert, they don't need it

2) if you have done ielts that is enough to prove english language

3) they asked for five years so give them five years, doesn't sound like beyond 5 years will b relevant to them anyway

Thank you Lorna. Ithought i'd replied? dont know what happened there then?? I think i am over thinking it all! I just want everythig to right first time around. Where abouts are you in the process? x

Thanks pinkest lady aim hoping to getting a letter saying i can register before I move in April, perhaps this is positive thinking.....sending everything thing in next week apart from visa as still waiting, in regards to certifying is a police office or doctor ok any advice would be grateful as this application is stressing me out

Thanks pinkest lady aim hoping to getting a letter saying i can register before I move in April, perhaps this is positive thinking.....sending everything thing in next week apart from visa as still waiting, in regards to certifying is a police office or doctor ok any advice would be grateful as this application is stressing me out

I feel your pain. That should be totally doable, I sent mine in end of April, was received May 1st. I got my registration week before last. And got the 'eligible to register' email a couple of weeks before that. I was in the country by then so couldn't have timed it better if I'd tried. I found AHPRA to be the hardest thing to do out of everything including visa 189 application. With regards to certifying docs, a doctor or policeman won't do unless you're in Australia. It has to be a notary public or a justice of the peace (I paid £150 to get all mine certified). A solicitor won't do, it can only be an NP or JP. Frustrating I know, but eventually the hoops that you have to jump through do disappear and you soon forget them. Best of luck! Oh and make sure you get an academic transcript of education, which specifically states the scores you achieved. Not just a generic breakdown of modules the degree covered. that's what held my application up.

Thank you so much pinkest lady I totally agree visa 189 application was a breeze compared to this just one last question did you apply before ur visa was granted as still waiting on mine and it's ask for this document is it worth me applying without it ?? Again thank you sense at last aphra emails are not even helpful...have u found a job yet, hope I've settled in and good luck with u new adventure xxx

Thank you so much pinkest lady I totally agree visa 189 application was a breeze compared to this just one last question did you apply before ur visa was granted as still waiting on mine and it's ask for this document is it worth me applying without it ?? Again thank you sense at last aphra emails are not even helpful...have u found a job yet, hope I've settled in and good luck with u new adventure xxx

You're welcome Loulou. Yes I applied before my visa was granted, it's not a problem. When you get your eligibility to register email it will ask you to present yourself to an AHPRA office once you are in the country to confirm your ID. You're visa, once granted, will be electronically attached to your passport and AHPRA can access it that way and print it off themselves. I agree their emails are not helpful, but the people o dealt with at the AHPRA office were excellent. I had arranged an interview for my perfect job at canberra hospital for two days after I arrived and got the job! Was super chuffed, and it was a massive weight off my mind. I am just awaiting my police check (yes, another one!!) the two I have already had for visa and then AHPRA aren't good enough lol! I'm hoping to start at the beginning of September. I am desperate to get back to work, getting very twitchy about not having a routine. Best of luck to you and if I can help in anyway get in touch, I'll do my best. Xx

That is fantastic news pinkest lady congratulations working on application as we speak and driving me insane you may be sorry u said that lol just a few questions if you don't mind..... Feel free to ignore haha

1) when you educational transcript do you just mean scores for each module as in percentages as I have them (fingers crossed)

2) did your university of training have to send information direct to APHRA confirming accreditation along with NMC as doesn't ask on application but does on website? Already done this for anmac costing a fortune

3) it's asks for information on course content on medicines management, pharmacokinetics etc which I don't have (also on website)

4) my solicitor is a notary public u think this is sufficient??

Thankyou so much pinkest lady so glad your on this forum finally some sound advice....... Enjoy your couple of weeks as a lady of leisure, but I know what you mean Iam hoping to get work within a month cannot bear the thought of not nursing, what is your dream job by the way? xxxx

That is fantastic news pinkest lady congratulations working on application as we speak and driving me insane you may be sorry u said that lol just a few questions if you don't mind..... Feel free to ignore haha

1) when you educational transcript do you just mean scores for each module as in percentages as I have them (fingers crossed)

2) did your university of training have to send information direct to APHRA confirming accreditation along with NMC as doesn't ask on application but does on website? Already done this for anmac costing a fortune

3) it's asks for information on course content on medicines management, pharmacokinetics etc which I don't have (also on website)

4) my solicitor is a notary public u think this is sufficient??

Thankyou so much pinkest lady so glad your on this forum finally some sound advice....... Enjoy your couple of weeks as a lady of leisure, but I know what you mean Iam hoping to get work within a month cannot bear the thought of not nursing, what is your dream job by the way? xxxx

I'll do my best lol! Yes I meant the scores for each module but it has to come directly from The university of training. And that should cover the whole pharmacokinetics etc, as I didn't have to send anything extra for that. If your solicitor is a notary public that's fine, as long as he signs the copies as a notary not just solicitor and he has to use the exact wording specified. I'd be surprised if you didn't have to pay a fee for this.

The job I have got is an ITU nurse, but my dream job in the future is to work on the helicopters for retrievals and rural emergencies etc. x