NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Just means same as UK. ..you are saying that when you practice in au you will join a union

It is not linked to unions, if you are a member of the RCN in the UK then they do not provide you any indemnity insurance unless you are self employed, the RCN scheme states "work performed under a contract of employment will be excluded", therefore if you are a contracted NHS employee the RCN will not help, however the NHS themselves should provide you with this.

Just so you know RCN will not cover you in Australia, they changed their indemnity insurance policy recently. I had assumed they did (they use to) but if you go and read the latest documents it is not covered.

Ah I see, RCN covered me 2013-2014. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm just waiting to be invited to apply for the 189 visa.

Thanks guys, I think I will include it - just the names of where I completed my clinical placements and the number of hours.

Another question, in regards to the statement of service, which is meant to cover 5 years. Again, am I only going to include my current job (only nursing job I have had as just newly qualified). They don't want a statement from other jobs I have held in the past 5 years??

Thanks guys, I think I will include it - just the names of where I completed my clinical placements and the number of hours.

Another question, in regards to the statement of service, which is meant to cover 5 years. Again, am I only going to include my current job (only nursing job I have had as just newly qualified). They don't want a statement from other jobs I have held in the past 5 years??

I got my partner to write a couple of sentences for each placement (she had 6), also the hours need to be provided by university, it is ok to put them here but also ensure university provide this.

Yes the statement of service needs to be provided for all nursing related jobs, if this is just one job then that is fine. I would say you should not be getting any shop/bar etc. jobs here as this is not relevant.

Does anyone know if we need to provide payslips or P60's to prove employment with NHS when applying for the 189 visa? I have three references for 8 years experience and one recent payslip. Any advice would be great :)

I am not at this stage yet but I have got 1 payslip for all employees ready, I do not think this is required but I have read that people have been asked for this, in some instances up to 10 years back.

I am not at this stage yet but I have got 1 payslip for all employees ready, I do not think this is required but I have read that people have been asked for this, in some instances up to 10 years back.

Yeah I have read that recently. I have been in the same job for 5 years so I don't have old pay slips. Should I try to get copies of old P60's? Or just wait and see?

I'm also waiting to be invited by DIBP.

Yeah I have read that recently. I have been in the same job for 5 years so I don't have old pay slips. Should I try to get copies of old P60's? Or just wait and see?

I'm also waiting to be invited by DIBP.

I would guess as long as you can prove the work experience for the points that you claim you are ok, and I am guessing you are claiming 5 points so you can easily do this?

If you are claiming points for all 8 years maybe send an email to the old HR department to be safe? I think you can go to HMRC and get 6 years of data.

Edited by mgreaves

I would guess as long as you can prove the work experience for the points that you claim you are ok, and I am guessing you are claiming 5 points so you can easily do this?

If you are claiming points for all 8 years maybe send an email to the old HR department to be safe? I think you can go to HMRC and get 6 years of data.

I'm claiming 8 years. I'll send HR an email tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to help me. Thanks for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if we need to provide payslips or P60's to prove employment with NHS when applying for the 189 visa? I have three references for 8 years experience and one recent payslip. Any advice would be great :)

Im hoping to be applying for 189 visa next year and starting to get documents together ready. My agent has advised me to get ready 3-4 payslips for every year of employment up to ten years as I'm claiming. Or p60 for every year of the 10 years. She said that inland revenue can provide replacements of these if lost.

Ive done one reference for ten years as been in same job.

Im hoping to be applying for 189 visa next year and starting to get documents together ready. My agent has advised me to get ready 3-4 payslips for every year of employment up to ten years as I'm claiming. Or p60 for every year of the 10 years. She said that inland revenue can provide replacements of these if lost.

Ive done one reference for ten years as been in same job.

Thank you. I have P60's 2010-2015 so I still will need 2006-2009. I have asked payroll for copies but I've not received them yet. Also wondering if I need to have them certified or will DIBP accept the copies.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mgreaves,

Just thought I would ask a quick question as your answers have been really helpful to me so far. I'm just preparing all my documents to go to AHPRA, i'm concerned about getting them certified. Who did you go to? I noticed you lived in Horley and I live in Redhill so it would be good to know who you used?

Thanks

Abigail

Hi mgreaves,

Just thought I would ask a quick question as your answers have been really helpful to me so far. I'm just preparing all my documents to go to AHPRA, i'm concerned about getting them certified. Who did you go to? I noticed you lived in Horley and I live in Redhill so it would be good to know who you used?

Thanks

Abigail

We used Graham Penn at Stevensdrake in Crawley, it cost £160.

You have to use a Notary or Justice of Peace, I rang around a lot of notaries and all quoted similar price, the courts in crawley and redhill have JOP there but they were quite expensive.

A question about what my employer needs to complete for ANMAC/AHPRA as I have just completed my required 3 months of registered work.

AHPRA - Statement of service - basic letter stating job title, dates of employment, full time hours - signed by employer and on letterhead paper

- CV - this is just signed by me to say it's correct

ANMAC - reference - this needs to be signed by employer and on letterhead paper

Also, these documents do not need to be certified as I am sending the originals, is that correct? My AHPRA CV and ANMAC reference are pretty similar - listing the competent clinical skills etc - I've typed everything up and hoping my employer will just sign them! Anyone else had very similar documents, any issues??

Your cv needs to be an original signed on all pages by you,

I would get the references certified, AHPRA can be picky and if they question it after you've sent the originals you then need to get fresh ones.

I wrote the statements for my partner and she just printed and got her manager to sign.

Not sure on ANMAC I'm afraid as didn't do this part.

I think my weekend has been filled with too much emigration paperwork malarky!

I have just been going over my AHPRA application form - again! In regards to the below question.....do I need a UK police check for AHPRA? I thought I could wait until Visa application for this....

16. Are there any countries other than Australia in which you have lived, or been primarily based, for six consecutive months or longer, when aged 18 years or more?

I think my weekend has been filled with too much emigration paperwork malarky!

I have just been going over my AHPRA application form - again! In regards to the below question.....do I need a UK police check for AHPRA? I thought I could wait until Visa application for this....

16. Are there any countries other than Australia in which you have lived, or been primarily based, for six consecutive months or longer, when aged 18 years or more?

AHPRA require a police check through Fit2Work, you have to do this and this police check is only valid for AHPRA. You need to do another police check for the visa application, which again is specific to the visa application and can not be used for anything else and this is done through a different company (ACRO).

AHPRA Police Check:

http://www.fit2work.com.au/

Visa Police Check:

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Edited by mgreaves
Added links

• 2 weeks later...
You're welcome Loulou. Yes I applied before my visa was granted, it's not a problem. When you get your eligibility to register email it will ask you to present yourself to an AHPRA office once you are in the country to confirm your ID. You're visa, once granted, will be electronically attached to your passport and AHPRA can access it that way and print it off themselves. I agree their emails are not helpful, but the people o dealt with at the AHPRA office were excellent. I had arranged an interview for my perfect job at canberra hospital for two days after I arrived and got the job! Was super chuffed, and it was a massive weight off my mind. I am just awaiting my police check (yes, another one!!) the two I have already had for visa and then AHPRA aren't good enough lol! I'm hoping to start at the beginning of September. I am desperate to get back to work, getting very twitchy about not having a routine. Best of luck to you and if I can help in anyway get in touch, I'll do my best. Xx

Hey Pinkestlady. You mentioned that you already had two police checks from fit2work and then another one for your visa. Will the visa people not accept fit2work? I am in the process of applying for the 189 and can't see the point in paying for two checks. I was hoping there was one check that would do for all! Thanks in advance.