Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 22/08/2019 at 11:42, Biggsy said:

50 months is more like the time being taken from application date to grant date for applicants being processed at the moment.  I don't think these guys have clue yet they have all the data they need to give a realistic estimate.  If you consider there are 41,000 currently in the queue up to end of April 2019, add another 4 months say 2,500 = approx 43,500 in the queue.  To achieve 50 months would mean they expect to refuse something like 14,000 applications during that period.   I would guess anyone applying today will have around a 6 year wait unless the limit/cap changes.   When my wife and applied in July 2016 the website said 12-18 months yet looking back at the figures for that time there was already around 28,000 applications in the queue!  I'm expecting to have waited over 4 years for us to be processed and visa granted.

We’re currently on 48 months and 3 weeks.....still waiting for Aos to be sorted........

There is a lot to be said for employing an agent.  I wondered initially whether it was worth it, but at the end of the day I knew that every form was completed absolutely correctly, the agent proof read everything, suggested any amendments, corrections etc., and the result was that nothing was questioned, everything was spot on.  The visa costs so much money it's tempting to try to save a little along the way, but the end result is what counts, and those few extra £s (in the scheme of things) was a good investment.

Good luck everybody.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2019 at 15:27, Niel said:

Is their any place in Aus where they can provide update or answer basic question.....spoke to immi and home affairs couple of times no updates.....

Do you have 143 visa application submission acknowledgement?  Can you please write it in your timeline?

15 minutes ago, patience said:

lot of silence as predicted by experienced user @LindaH27. All eyes on @bridgie now as he is next in line to receive a request. Hope this year is monthly requests rather than request and then silence of 4 months like last year. 

Yeah frustrating how things have gone quiet.  In an earlier post @bridgie predicted possibly only hearing something around mid Sept, so hopefully that will be the case.  Fingers crossed they keep things moving along.

• Like 2

Oh God, I can’t stand the pressure[emoji3][emoji3]. Rest assured as soon as I hear you will too. Working on current timeline requests for paperwork we should of heard 23rd August onwards, using the list provided from FOI we should hear mid September but...... that list, as we all agreed, was 143 only, so what about 173 etc.... I guess time will tell.

• Like 5

Just saying, " Hi," and adding my timeline info. Waiting to see the first 2016 applicants receiving their requests for paperwork. We have used an agent, which to us seems to have been a help as he keeps our details updated and is giving us lots of other advice (not selling us anything either, I hasten to add).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bridgie said:

Oh God, I can’t stand the pressureemoji3.pngemoji3.png. Rest assured as soon as I hear you will too. Working on current timeline requests for paperwork we should of heard 23rd August onwards, using the list provided from FOI we should hear mid September but...... that list, as we all agreed, was 143 only, so what about 173 etc.... I guess time will tell.

I'm sure that you will be hearing from IMMi very soon. Good luck!

• Like 1

I sent a blank email the the parent email address yesterday out of interest to see what month they say they are processing, as of 23/08/2019 it says they are assessing visas lodged in Sept 2015, but from what we have seen here on this forum, that is clearly not correct.

1 hour ago, theballies said:

I sent a blank email the the parent email address yesterday out of interest to see what month they say they are processing, as of 23/08/2019 it says they are assessing visas lodged in Sept 2015, but from what we have seen here on this forum, that is clearly not correct.

True. Confusing!!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here!

I'm keen to hear of updates from anyone who submitted an application in Jan 2016.

I know my mum is an active voyeur on this thread....Hi Mum!!

We're waiting on some news on the next stage of my parents visa application.

Our timeline is;

173 application submitted - 19 January 2016

Acknowledgement received - 20 January 2016

Still waiting........I think by the looks of things on here we might be close??

• Like 3

On 28/08/2019 at 05:52, patience said:

lot of silence as predicted by experienced user @LindaH27. All eyes on @bridgie now as he is next in line to receive a request. Hope this year is monthly requests rather than request and then silence of 4 months like last year. 

As I have been through this process some time ago and am now about to leave for the new life with family, I can sympathise with those just embarking on the visa journey so I wish everybody here good luck and trust the wait proves to be shorter than currently anticipated.

Patience, I can see from your posts how interested you are in other people's timelines, and wonder why you don't put your own in your signature to share with others?

Edited by Sadge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sadge said:

As I have been through this process some time ago and am now about to leave for the new life with family, I can sympathise with those just embarking on the visa journey so I wish everybody here good luck and trust the wait proves to be shorter than currently anticipated.

Patience, I can see from your posts how interested you are in other people's timelines, and wonder why you don't put your own in your signature to share with others?

Well said @Sadge it really makes people wonder what they have to hide!! We all try to help each other and obviously being able to see timelines really does help others. I for one will not be responding to any posts without timelines especially after repeated requests. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KatherineM said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here!

I'm keen to hear of updates from anyone who submitted an application in Jan 2016.

I know my mum is an active voyeur on this thread....Hi Mum!!

We're waiting on some news on the next stage of my parents visa application.

Our timeline is;

173 application submitted - 19 January 2016

Acknowledgement received - 20 January 2016

Still waiting........I think by the looks of things on here we might be close??

We are 143 applied 25 Jan 2015 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/08/2019 at 17:31, PaulM said:

Just saying, " Hi," and adding my timeline info. Waiting to see the first 2016 applicants receiving their requests for paperwork. We have used an agent, which to us seems to have been a help as he keeps our details updated and is giving us lots of other advice (not selling us anything either, I hasten to add).

I have applied for my parent's the same date as you, but 173 seems like we have to wait another year 

At least this page now showing 49 months for 75% applications and 50 months for 90%. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times It was showing no information for couple of months

But I guess users here already have an idea of that, still something positive that its being acknowledged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1