Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

4 hours ago, NewBee2019 said:

My understanding is that they will reject the AoS application. In my case, we uploaded the bank guarantee letter to the wrong section in Centrelink even though we did everything on time. As a consequence they initially rejected AoS with reason as: failure to complete bank guarantee by 14 days. I had to call them and point out that we uploaded it on time, after which they approved it.

That being said I don't know if there are exceptions to the process for situations like yours. I hope someone from this forum who is knowledgeable or with similar experience can pitch in...

Thank you Newbee2019. I will call Centrelink tomorrow again. 

Edited by Sunny99

18 minutes ago, patience said:

Advise needed please

Is it best to do identity check at centrelink before/during or after AOS application? 

Although we haven't reached that stage as yet, but from the research that I did , it may be better to do the online application and then go to the Centrelink office as well to show them the docs. 

2 hours ago, patience said:

Advise needed please

Is it best to do identity check at centrelink before/during or after AOS application? 

I understand that proof of identity has to be provided for Centrelink if you have not been known by them, i.e. through the previous claim(s) by you. 

• Thanks 1

Email received today requesting further documents, finally 😀

Congratulation to you. May I ask the title for the email. I am still waiting for mine and I'm a bit worried as my acknowledgement was 14/3/16...

• Its from parents  at home affairs  and you get 2 emails , one  titled request for more information and the other  titled assurance of support 
  • Congratulations 3

2 hours ago, theballies said:

I just received AOS request for bank guarantee letter!!  Rushing off to commbank in my lunch break.  😀

Update:  Mums name is wrong on the letter.  Spent over an hour at Centrelink.  Now I have to wait for a new letter to be issued.  Boo.  Anyway hopefully it will come soon.

• Sad 2

Hi lovely people, I submitted AOS on 26th Nov last year, the application status became complete on myGov yesterday, but I haven't received any letter or phone call from Centrelink. Just wondering if anyone have similar experience?

I rang Centrelink today, the lady told me all she can see is the documents I provided, she cannot really tell where my application is up to. 😑

5 minutes ago, Aaron88 said:

Hi lovely people, I submitted AOS on 26th Nov last year, the application status became complete on myGov yesterday, but I haven't received any letter or phone call from Centrelink. Just wondering if anyone have similar experience?

I rang Centrelink today, the lady told me all she can see is the documents I provided, she cannot really tell where my application is up to. 😑

You will get Bond request letter in your MyGov Inbox within 4 to 5 days.

FYI,

• Auto response  Email From immi on 10/01/2020

Please note that the Department is required to process Parent and Contributory Parent applications in date order and within annual limits. We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi All

Does anyone know the latest application/acknowledgement date for which 143 visa has been granted? Is it still in December 2015 somewhere or has anyone in January 2016 received their 143 visa already? Its so stressful to wait sooooo long to hear back after AoS approval! 

TIA!

Edited by NewBee2019
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Greece said:

You will get Bond request letter in your MyGov Inbox within 4 to 5 days.

thanks Greece, I received BG letter today via MyGov. I am not with Commonwealth Bank, anyone knows the best way of transferring money to commonwealth? Can this be done via online bank transfer, or has to be cheque?