AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Indeed! Yeah will complete 3 months of waiting next Saturday lol. I called my council a couple days ago and they said I'm not on the September list, so yea hopefully it's November for me too otherwise December :) Will you have enough time to sort out your passport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness, I wonder what's actually taking so long. I was surprised with Townsville waiting times as well. I was expecting October to be honest but I was surprised with Nov; not that I am complaining. Glad to be all over if that is the actual date.

Yeah should be good with the passport, I will apply the same day and even though I fly out on 25/12 I will still apply as a priority processing. Just to be on the safe side. I am going to get everything ready by end of Sept. and then just get it over and done with it all.

I have a feeling you'd be in the Nov. one especially if you mentioned travelling in Dec. on your application. I think that's what happened to me even though I just updated my travel dates today from 10/12 to 25/12. Now as I mentioned I hope they don't change the ceremony date to Dec. That would definitely be throwing a spanner in the works.

Guest justchill

Hi guys

My application was approved on 1st Aug and i contact the ACT immigration and ceremony officer and got a reply that current waiting time in Canberra ACT is 5 months and in my case you might get a chance in November if not in Feb.

Look like ACT is the slowest processing center in the country totally opposite to what few people suggest me that Canberra is very fast.

Now as I mentioned I hope they don't change the ceremony date to Dec. That would definitely be throwing a spanner in the works.

That should be the least of your worries (if you choose to worry about something) :) Nah I'm sure you'll be fine! Did they tell you when you can expect to receive the letter in the mail?

That should be the least of your worries (if you choose to worry about something) :) Nah I'm sure you'll be fine! Did they tell you when you can expect to receive the letter in the mail?

Haha yeah its so close now I need to not worry too much about it. Yes the council still has 24th as their date but they said that DIBP sets the date and they send out the letters, not the council. I should receive the letter about 2-3 weeks before the ceremony. So maybe end of October. Long wait till end of Oct. haha Maybe you should ring DIBP they would have one allocated already I guess.

Hi guys! I am preparing my documents to apply for citizenship next month. For the proof of address, is a foxtel cable statement or a bank statement acceptable? our electricity bill and water bill is not in my name so I cannot use those so I am planning to send my Foxtel cable bill (is this acceptable)?

Guest Sarah2016
Hi guys! I am preparing my documents to apply for citizenship next month. For the proof of address, is a foxtel cable statement or a bank statement acceptable? our electricity bill and water bill is not in my name so I cannot use those so I am planning to send my Foxtel cable bill (is this acceptable)?

Use driver license

Bank statements are fine

Maybe you should ring DIBP they would have one allocated already I guess.

I did and I got the expected response - "nothing scheduled as of now". Makes me wonder how processing times are going to spiral when this happens -

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/public-service/hundreds-more-jobs-to-go-at-immigration-and-border-force-20160816-gqtokg.html

I did and I got the expected response - "nothing scheduled as of now". Makes me wonder how processing times are going to spiral when this happens -

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/public-service/hundreds-more-jobs-to-go-at-immigration-and-border-force-20160816-gqtokg.html

What the...

Axing more jobs, when things are already bad with the existent staff?

I am glad we all applied this year before the mid-Oct mark. I shudder at the thought of the waiting times next year.

Regarding your date and their standard response, its a bit stupid. I wonder if its actually to do with who you get on the phone and if they are willing to let it out.

Thanks Sarah2016 and Nemesis for the reply.

Another quick question. Do we have to apply for an Australian Penal Clearance ourselves or does DIBP do it for us? If we have to apply ourselves, do we apply to Australian Federal Police (just like what we submitted for our Permanent Residence application)?

Thanks Sarah2016 and Nemesis for the reply.

Another quick question. Do we have to apply for an Australian Penal Clearance ourselves or does DIBP do it for us? If we have to apply ourselves, do we apply to Australian Federal Police (just like what we submitted for our Permanent Residence application)?

DIBP sort it out themselves

Back again for the final stage of the journey. Here's my timeline so far:

1. Date applied - 27/06/16
  2. City/Council area - Adelaide/Charles Sturt
  3. Online / Paper - Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 27/06/16
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 12/09/16
  6. Date of ceremony - TBC
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

So I applied over 7 weeks ago and am still yet to hear when my test is. Is this a normal wait time?

Date applied - 29/06/16

City/Council area - Broome, WA

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 29/06/16

Date of the Citizenship Test - Unknown

Date of ceremony - Unknown

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

Guest justchill

Hi Guys just want to share with all of you my timeline.

Applied : 16/06/2016

Test : 26/07/2016

Approval Date : 1/08/2016

Ceremony : 27/10/2016

Good luck to all of you.