AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

well well well

how you gonna spend these 2.5 months waiting for your ceremony ? may be the longest wait in your life.:laugh:

Yes. My visa expires in Nov and i was planning to travel to my homeland after 5 years. Now i can travel before the new year which is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by roland

Guest Sarah2016

Wow Roland, congrats. Oz oz oz

I remember you had mentioned couple of days ago that you rang them on Monday and was told that you haven't been allocated a date yet, probably persistently calling helps?? I saw a post in another forum the guy from UK was calling regularly and he got allocated :confused::unsure:

Edited by Sarah2016

I remember you had mentioned couple of days ago that you rang them on Monday and was told that you haven't been allocated a date yet, probably persistently calling helps?? I saw a post in another forum the guy from UK was calling regularly and he got allocated :confused::unsure:

Yeah I'd like to know this too. I rang them on Wednesday about the passport and they did not have a date yet. So I am definitely not in the Aug one, shame its the same day as my birthday. :( How amazing that would have been!

Edited by Chandnihorvath

Hi Sarah! Thats right i called them last week and was told there is not a tentative date yet. Maybe that was too early as it was only one week after approval. My council is not too busy and the ceremony participants hardly reach 60. Also If they did not schedule my appointment for the next ceremony then i had to wait 7 months for ceremony. Maybe these two factors made DIBP to schedule my ceremony for october

Guest Sarah2016
shame its the same day as my birthday. :( How amazing that would have been!

probably next time when you call you can casually bring up that :P

who knows if the guy who picks up the call is too nice he might make your birthday a special one ;)

probably next time when you call you can casually bring up that :P

who knows if the guy who picks up the call is too nice he might make your birthday a special one ;)

haha... Oh Sarah, if only that would work :P I'll be probably calling end of this month again; unless my lucky stars sparkle and I receive a letter lol.

Hi guys,

My timeline here.

Just a question. Has anyone been asked to have their signature collected on-site at the interview in Melbourne or any other test centre at all? I'm asking this because it says in the test invitation email that personal identifiers such as "your photo and signature" will be collected during the interview. My photo was taken indeed, but not signature. I just realised this and hopelessly am getting a bit worried that maybe the case officer simply forgot about it and later would request me to go back to do it -_-. After all, she did ask me the same question twice in a few minutes and requested me to remove my glasses for the photo after I had apparently done so...

App Date: 06 Jul 2016

Test invitation email: 28 Jul 2016

Test date: 28 Jul 2016

Test centre: Melbourne (Council: City of Boroondara)

You can actually change the date of your citizenship test online using the button provided in the invitation email, which is very convenient. But not sure whether this works for any other test centres besides Melbourne.

Just an update of my timeline

Approval date: 28 Jul 2016

Approval letter received date: 03 Aug 2016

Called DIBP this morning and was told that the tentative date of my ceremony is 06 Sep 2016, but he also said there's nothing more anybody can do or he can tell. The letter has not been sent, no concrete dates, no guarantee the ceremony will even take place...

He asked me to just keep checking my mail box (like we have not been doing that already) and hopefully I can receive a letter before the ceremony date...

Called DIBP this morning and was told that the tentative date of my ceremony is 06 Sep 2016, but he also said there's nothing more anybody can do or he can tell. The letter has not been sent, no concrete dates, no guarantee the ceremony will even take place...

He asked me to just keep checking my mail box (like we have not been doing that already) and hopefully I can receive a letter before the ceremony date...

That's excellent news!!! Congrats!!!!! :D

It will most likely be that date. A lot of places have a big ceremony in September so you might well be in that. I think they also want to probably make way for Australia Day ceremony so they might do a big one in Sep and clear the back log. I might call them today now, I was approved on the 15th and they did not have anything for me last week :(

That's excellent news!!! Congrats!!!!! :D

It will most likely be that date. A lot of places have a big ceremony in September so you might well be in that. I think they also want to probably make way for Australia Day ceremony so they might do a big one in Sep and clear the back log. I might call them today now, I was approved on the 15th and they did not have anything for me last week :(

I call the department and the wait time was more than an hour. They will ring me back.approval date is 26july. Hoping they will have a tentative date for me today.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I have been waiting since 1st week of June for a date for ceremony and nothing yet, Hume Council, also i now someone from same council who was approved mid April and they still have not had their date for ceremony yet. How is the wait for other councils in Victoria? Seems Hume has the longest wait list at the moment.

Good stuff Skylar! Excellent timing considering Boroondara council is a pretty busy one in Melbourne. Keep us posted :)

I don't think Boroondara is as busy as Hume council, if its only one month to wait after approval when people waiting since April and someone on another forum was approved just after me and was told 400 in front of him which if you do the maths does not sound right anyway, and my council do 1 ceremony per month.

I don't think Boroondara is as busy as Hume council, if its only one month to wait after approval when people waiting since April and someone on another forum was approved just after me and was told 400 in front of him which if you do the maths does not sound right anyway, and my council do 1 ceremony per month.

Have you rang DIBP? Sometimes it depends on the waiting list and how apt is the comms between DIBP and the council.

Yeah not entirely sure what metric drives the allocation process. It's a bit of a secret I think (like the colonel's recipe).

Has anyone got processed in Regional Australia? I've applied over 3 months ago in south-west WA, received acknowledgment letter but no other contact or test date.

Allocation center is Bunbury and when trying to change it to Perth (as one of my friends did last year) I have been told by DIBP that currently they don't do it (regional application has to stay in regional area).

Has anyone got processed in Regional Australia? I've applied over 3 months ago in south-west WA, received acknowledgment letter but no other contact or test date.

Allocation center is Bunbury and when trying to change it to Perth (as one of my friends did last year) I have been told by DIBP that currently they don't do it (regional application has to stay in regional area).

I am in regional Far NQ in Townsville and I applied in April, got approved 2 days after my test in July. No dates yet.

I was in regional victoria. They took 5 months to respond. They have no timeframe. All u can do is wait.they wont tell u anything but u can try calling them. Gud luck

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk