AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi all,

Anyone from Dandenong council who has just got or attended their ceremony? I was approved on the 21/7, gave IMMI a call today but they said no tentative date yet. I just want to get an idea on how long it might take from the approval date to ceremony date for Dandenong council.

Hi all,

Anyone from Dandenong council who has just got or attended their ceremony? I was approved on the 21/7, gave IMMI a call today but they said no tentative date yet. I just want to get an idea on how long it might take from the approval date to ceremony date for Dandenong council.

from what I have read here, anyone with councils around Melbourne haven't received anything yet. There's at least a couple that are waiting for a tentative date. I am from Townsville and I haven't heard anything yet either and I was approved a week before you. No one really knows how tentative date works.

Hi all,

Whilst I do not reside in the Dandenong LGA, I'm from Melbourne, and have been waiting for just about 2.5 months to receive an invite. I guess Skyler's the only one from Melbourne who's received an invite recently. On another forum I've seen a few more people receive invites for Dandenong, Yarra and Monash councils pretty quickly after being approved..Probably best to wait for at least a couple months before contacting the Department as you will only end up getting disappointed to find out that you've not been allocated yet.. Or if you're really lucky you may receive an invite soon! Hang in there :)

Whilst I do not reside in the Dandenong LGA, I'm from Melbourne, and have been waiting for just about 2.5 months to receive an invite. I guess Skyler's the only one from Melbourne who's received an invite recently. On another forum I've seen a few more people receive invites for Dandenong, Yarra and Monash councils pretty quickly after being approved..Probably best to wait for at least a couple months before contacting the Department as you will only end up getting disappointed to find out that you've not been allocated yet.. Or if you're really lucky you may receive an invite soon! Hang in there :)

Yeah, I know a few people from the Dandenong council got the invitation very quick (under 2 months), but it was quite a while, so I'm just not sure whether the council is building up a backlog or it will be quick as usual?

Yeah, I know a few people from the Dandenong council got the invitation very quick (under 2 months), but it was quite a while, so I'm just not sure whether the council is building up a backlog or it will be quick as usual?

Yeah not entirely sure how quotas are decided and how allocations are made.Guess all we can do is just wait and get on with life as usual (easier said than done I know!) Did your case officer tell you how many people are ahead of you in the queue? Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask my Case officer after the test!

My timelines -

Date applied:27/06/2016

City/Council area:parramatta

Online / Paper:online

Date received the acknowledgement email:27/06/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test:19/07/2016

Date of approval :25/07/2016

Date of ceremony:??

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal):normal

Hi could you please update your current status?

Many thanks...

Guest justchill

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone of us waiting for the time when they finally get their Australian passport and I am one of you and waiting for that moment. There are lot of people on this platform who are sharing their stories and journey they passed through and its really encouraging and helpful. May be some body can share their view on my case.

Its been 11 days i got approval of citizenship application

Applied : 16/06/2016

Test : 26/07/2016

Approval Date : 1/08/2016

Ceremony : waiting

What is the waiting time in Canberra ACT, i have spoken to immigration dept and was told waiting time is 3-4 months can anybody share his experience of ACT region when i can expect ceremony.

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone of us waiting for the time when they finally get their Australian passport and I am one of you and waiting for that moment. There are lot of people on this platform who are sharing their stories and journey they passed through and its really encouraging and helpful. May be some body can share their view on my case.

What is the waiting time in Canberra ACT, i have spoken to immigration dept and was told waiting time is 3-4 months can anybody share his experience of ACT region when i can expect ceremony.

Check this http://www.sharemytimeline.info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Sarah2016
Hi Guys,

I have seen in other forum. Canberra is the fastest in country. You should get invite within a month or two i

Guest justchill

I called the dept today and they told 3-4 months waiting time in ACT which look like a lot to me. I hope someone from ACT share their experience thanks sarah and roland

I called the dept today and they told 3-4 months waiting time in ACT which look like a lot to me. I hope someone from ACT share their experience thanks sarah and roland

Hi there, I used to live in Canberra before Townsville and I can share you one my friend's timeline that she's ok with to share. She sat her test in October, got approved in October and had her ceremony first week in December. ACT is ridiculously quick than anywhere in the country. You're lucky :) Good luck.

Guest Sarah2016
Hi there, I used to live in Canberra before Townsville and I can share you one my friend's timeline that she's ok with to share. She sat her test in October, got approved in October and had her ceremony first week in December. ACT is ridiculously quick than anywhere in the country. You're lucky :) Good luck.

Oh you should have applied while you were in ACT :arghh:

Something that I came upon while reading the report was that they have to report on top 10 countries' citizens receiving citizenship. I was wondering if what Sarah said is correct or not? That they have to maintain 'country of origin' quota as their KPIs. Would most certainly look weird if the majority of them are British passport holders or American etc.

Something that I came upon while reading the report was that they have to report on top 10 countries' citizens receiving citizenship. I was wondering if what Sarah said is correct or not? That they have to maintain 'country of origin' quota as their KPIs. Would most certainly look weird if the majority of them are British passport holders or American etc.

Plausible! But if it's true then it would pretty much increase the backlog if a particular LGA has a higher number of candidates from a particular country as they'd have to wait ages for a ceremony then! [emoji16]

But yeah who knows!

Edited by Catalyst2012

Plausible! But if it's true then it would pretty much increase the backlog if a particular LGA has a higher number of candidates from a particular country as they'd have to wait ages for a ceremony then! [emoji16]

But yeah who knows!

That's true! I guess we'll never know. I am finding this worse than waiting for my PR. Maybe because it's so close now. :)

My timeline is as follows:

Applied in Regional VIC but I believe all applications are processed in Melbourne

Date Applied: 18 April 2016

Acknowledgement Email: 24 April 2016

Test Appointment email:

Test Date:

I am so frustrated of the wait, made numerous calls to the department but same response every time. I have listened to their apologies enough as my application has passed the standard processing time. They won't tell what the issue is, just keep saying, CO is assessing your case and at the moment doesn't require anything. Could you please tell me if there is anyone who has been waiting since that long so I can share the pain? :arghh:

Is there any way I can contact my CO directly? they won't let me talk to him/her.

My timeline is as follows:

Applied in Regional VIC but I believe all applications are processed in Melbourne

Date Applied: 18 April 2016

Acknowledgement Email: 24 April 2016

Test Appointment email:

Test Date:

I am so frustrated of the wait, made numerous calls to the department but same response every time. I have listened to their apologies enough as my application has passed the standard processing time. They won't tell what the issue is, just keep saying, CO is assessing your case and at the moment doesn't require anything. Could you please tell me if there is anyone who has been waiting since that long so I can share the pain? :arghh:

Is there any way I can contact my CO directly? they won't let me talk to him/her.

I applied 28 feb and got response on 18 july.they wont tell u anything. So no need to call.all you can do is wait..u cant contact to ur CO.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi I applied online on 10th August and received email informing citizenship appointment is scheduled on 25th October at Parramatta office in Sydney. Are there any chances to pre-pone the appointment date? I called up today however there were no appointments available earlier.

Is there any possibility to change the appointment date?

Thanks...