AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Date applied - 06/07/2016

City/Council area - City of Greater Dandenong (Victoria)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 06/07/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 01/08/2016 Passed 100%

Approval letter dated - Waiting

Date of ceremony - Waiting

CO told me that ceremony for my council is approximately 3-4 months from approval.

Hi James, I had the test on 29 Aug 2016 and received a post on 02 Sep 2016 that, the application has been approved dated on 29 Aug 2016. I believe we would be mostly getting similar dates.

Keep us updated, if you have received your approval letter.

Hi James, I had the test on 29 Aug 2016 and received a post on 02 Sep 2016 that, the application has been approved dated on 29 Aug 2016. I believe we would be mostly getting similar dates.

Keep us updated, if you have received your approval letter.

Hi DranP I received my invitation letter from DIBP dated 22 August and my ceremony is 15th September. I will update my timeline shortly. Good luck!

Date applied - 06/07/2016

City/Council area - City of Greater Dandenong (Victoria)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 06/07/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 01/08/2016 Passed 100%

Approval letter dated - 01/08/2016

Date of ceremony - 15/09/16

It is a pretty quick turnaround from DIBP. Good luck to all waiting.

Applied 31 of july 2016

From melbourne (st albans)online

Test 26th of august 2016

Passed with 100%

Still no approval letter yet

Hi Harriiii. Most applicants receive their approval letters within two weeks of passing the test. DIBP always maintain that they will consider applications on a case by case basis. To my understanding, a delayed decision often relate to high risk passports or region you had lived prior to or during your permanent residency in Australia.

Date applied - 7/7/2016

City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - Not received. But got letter 20th July

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/8/2016

Approval letter dated - 31/8/2016 but received 5th Sep

Date of ceremony - I'm expecting March-ish

Congrats Rob. I hope you get into the big Australia Day ceremony in Jan. March seems a long time to wait. Good luck.

So I applied over 7 weeks ago and am still yet to hear when my test is. Is this a normal wait time?

Date applied - 29/06/16

City/Council area - Broome, WA

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 29/06/16

Date of the Citizenship Test - Unknown

Date of ceremony - Unknown

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

Hi Leanie. Great to see you here on this forum as well. It appears you are waiting longer than most applicants here. I would get in touch with DIBP to find out.

Hello All,

Please find below my times lines for Brisbane City Council.

Brisbane Office Timeline:

Date of Application: February 22, 2016.

City Council/State: Brisbane City Council/Queensland.

Application Mode: Online Application (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: February 22, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 27/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 21/04/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Approval letter received on 28/04/2016 dated as 21/04/2016

Cheers,

Update Alert

Received Citizenship ceremony invitation from Office of the LORD MAYOR. (Brisbane). dated 02-Sep. 2016.

Ceremony date is 22 Sep. 2016 at 07:15 PM.

Now I can relax, it was a loooong wait after approval.

Good luck every one.

Cheers,

Anyone from Glen Eira city council in Melbourne who were approved in May receive a ceremony invite yet? Third ceremony happening at the council today since I was approved and am not on today's list either :( Apparently there are 150 people per ceremony (saw a tweet from the last ceremony!), and the CSR's do not even give out tentative dates on the phone.. Sigh

Edited by Catalyst2012

Anyone from Glen Eira city council in Melbourne who were approved in May receive a ceremony invite yet? Third ceremony happening at the council today since I was approved and am not on today's list either :( Apparently there are 150 people per ceremony (saw a tweet from the last ceremony!), and the CSR's do not even give out tentative dates on the phone.. Sigh

Hi Catalyst2012, My friend has attended his ceremony last night. I was there in the ceremony function. 140 people were there in the ceremony. His application was approved on last week of April. So I believe you will be in the next slot. Good luck!

Btw, what does CSR's mean? Where did you enquire about the date of ceremony??

Hi Catalyst2012, My friend has attended his ceremony last night. I was there in the ceremony function. 140 people were there in the ceremony. His application was approved on last week of April. So I believe you will be in the next slot. Good luck!

Btw, what does CSR's mean? Where did you enquire about the date of ceremony??

Thanks DranP! Yeah I was approved in May so fingers crossed I'll be in the next one in November.

I've called the department a few times to inquire about my ceremony date and the Customer service Reps(CSR) I've spoken to have always said "No" when I asked about a tentative date. Anyway I've stopped calling and will just wait for the invite whenever it's meant to come :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks DranP! Yeah I was approved in May so fingers crossed I'll be in the next one in November.

I've called the department a few times to inquire about my ceremony date and the Customer service Reps(CSR) I've spoken to have always said "No" when I asked about a tentative date. Anyway I've stopped calling and will just wait for the invite whenever it's meant to come :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading somewhere in this forum. Someone has mentioned about no. of people waiting for their ceremony. Would it be possible to get that info by any chance? I wish I should have asked this question with Case Officer. She was very kind and helpful. Now I cant reach her anymore.. :(

I remember reading somewhere in this forum. Someone has mentioned about no. of people waiting for their ceremony. Would it be possible to get that info by any chance? I wish I should have asked this question with Case Officer. She was very kind and helpful. Now I cant reach her anymore.. :(

Yeah I totally forgot to ask my Case officer the same question and by the time I was done with the test, the CO was busy with the next applicant, so didn't get a chance to go back and ask.. I did ask the person on the phone though and they said they cannot disclose that information as those numbers are subject to change. So yeah I guess there's no real way of knowing unless your Case officer tells you during the interview...

Yeah I totally forgot to ask my Case officer the same question and by the time I was done with the test, the CO was busy with the next applicant, so didn't get a chance to go back and ask.. I did ask the person on the phone though and they said they cannot disclose that information as those numbers are subject to change. So yeah I guess there's no real way of knowing unless your Case officer tells you during the interview...

I'll probably be asking fellow recipients when they were approved, at my ceremony. I'll look like a creepo but at least it will give out a fair idea for any body else in the future who's applying from Townsville. I'll post it here once my ceremony is over.

Hi Leanie. Great to see you here on this forum as well. It appears you are waiting longer than most applicants here. I would get in touch with DIBP to find out.

Hi James,

Yes I am still waiting. I finally called them today and they said they are working on it, that the turnaround time is usually 80 days, and that is all they can tell me. The person I spoke to was very nice, I'm left feeling puzzled though as to why it's taking so long for me and my family. How is everything going for you?

Anyone applied through Sunshine Coast Council?

I applied 2 months ago and have heard nothing apart from the confirmation email I received as soon as I applied online.

Hi Websie, I'm in the same boat, been waiting since 29th June. I'm in Broome shire, WA. When did you apply?

I note that a lot of people seem to get an approval letter confirming the citizenship test has been passed. On most instances, it's dated the same day.

I sat and passed my test on August 23rd. It's now over two weeks and I've yet to receive a letter. Is this anything to be concerned by?

I note that a lot of people seem to get an approval letter confirming the citizenship test has been passed. On most instances, it's dated the same day.

I sat and passed my test on August 23rd. It's now over two weeks and I've yet to receive a letter. Is this anything to be concerned by?

The approval letter is issued based on the Australian Federal Police Clearance. As soon as they receive the clearance from AFP, they approve and issue the letter. In most cases, they receive the clearance on the same day. So it totally depends on the processing from AFP.

I sat mine on the 16th and it took three weeks. There may be a delay for the AFP at the moment?

I sat mine on the 16th and it took three weeks. There may be a delay for the AFP at the moment?

Could be. Again it depends whether you have travelled outside of Australia after getting your PR. In our case, we didn't travel at all after our PR. So its less complicated and they could approve immediately on the same day. I had my test on 29th August.

Umm I duno whether overseas travel do effect.

I used to travel alot and some times twice a year. and received approval letter after 5 days dated same date as of test day.

Regards,

Could be. Again it depends whether you have travelled outside of Australia after getting your PR. In our case, we didn't travel at all after our PR. So its less complicated and they could approve immediately on the same day. I had my test on 29th August.