AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Update:

1. Date applied: 22/3/16
  2. City/Council area: Maribyrnong, Melbourne
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: same day - 22/3/16
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 16/05/16 ( Initially it was 7th June but I changed it to 25th May. I just got the email today 14th May :) again changed it to 16th May and passed the test with 100%. I asked the officer about Ceremony date and he said There are still more than 300 people waiting in my council (Maribyrnong, Melbourne) so it will take more than 3 months to get invited. Finger crossed .
  6. Date of ceremony: 13/10/2016 ....
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): normal

Hi Leanie

We applied 9th July so not at the 80 days just yet. Suppose I'll give it another month and then will call them. I waited long enough for my PR so what's a few more months waiting?

I hope you hear from them soon. I reckon it could be my local council that's delaying things for me as they need to fly people up here to do it.

Can the Form 1195 (identity declaration form) be signed 2 weeks before eligibility date for citizenship or do I have to wait until the day I am eligible to have it signed? My friends lives in another state and I have to mail the forms to him. I wanted to have everything ready so I can lodged as soon as I become eligible. Also when I logged in my immiaccount today it says that there have been issues with attaching documents for citizenship in pdf format and they recommend the jpeg format. how did you attach files with multiple pages in jpeg format? Is there a way to combine multiple pages in one jpeg file such as the form 1195 which is 2 pages?

Can the Form 1195 (identity declaration form) be signed 2 weeks before eligibility date for citizenship or do I have to wait until the day I am eligible to have it signed? My friends lives in another state and I have to mail the forms to him. I wanted to have everything ready so I can lodged as soon as I become eligible. Also when I logged in my immiaccount today it says that there have been issues with attaching documents for citizenship in pdf format and they recommend the jpeg format. how did you attach files with multiple pages in jpeg format? Is there a way to combine multiple pages in one jpeg file such as the form 1195 which is 2 pages?

As long as it has been 'recently' signed, you should be alright and I think 2 weeks prior to applying is fine. From memory the system automatically splits PDF files into multiple Jpeg files when you upload them to your application (saving them as File Name_PAGE1, File Name_PAGE2 etc) and it offers a preview before you hit the save button. Mind you, this was 5 months ago when I applied, so not sure if they've made changes to the system since then.

I applied last week and was able to upload PDFs which the system split into jpegs. The only issue I faced was while uploading passport twice (Once for Present country of citizenship, Evidence and the same passport for First arrival in Australia, Evidence).Since the file name was same system couldn't handle it. So after the 1st upload had to change the filename in my computer to different one. Hope I didn't confuse you :)

I applied last week and was able to upload PDFs which the system split into jpegs. The only issue I faced was while uploading passport twice (Once for Present country of citizenship, Evidence and the same passport for First arrival in Australia, Evidence).Since the file name was same system couldn't handle it. So after the 1st upload had to change the filename in my computer to different one. Hope I didn't confuse you :)

No issues at all. I didn't upload license, birth certificate, endorsed photo and still get a test date. But u need everything at the appointment.cheers

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks kcec826

No issues at all. I didn't upload license, birth certificate, endorsed photo and still get a test date. But u need everything at the appointment.cheers

Depends of what country of origin you are, as immi well aware of indian government that they dont issue birth certificates.

Hey everybody, do we get a photo of ourself from councler photographer? Or do i have orgnize my own?

You need to talk to them. Some councils post the photos to your address after 2-3 weeks. But the best is arrange for ur self

Hey everybody, do we get a photo of ourself from councler photographer? Or do i have orgnize my own?

My timeline so far

Date applied: 12/09/16

City/Council area: Blacktown, Sydney

Online / Paper: paper

Date received the acknowledgement email: haven't received

Date of the Citizenship Test: God knows when, I called DIBP yesterday, they said that if my CC has been charged then they start processing my application. the waiting list for Parramatta DIBP office is approx. 4-6 weeks

Has anyone applied paper application recently? will I receive email acknowledgement? or I just wait for the letter and email come for the test date?

Thanks

Update

######

Date applied: 05/09/2016

Council: Brisbane City Council

Online/Paper: Online

Acknowledgement Email: 05/09/2016

Citizenship test email:14/9//16

Citizenship Test: 3/11/16

Date of Approval: Waiting

Date of Ceremony: waiting

Thanks pretty quick turn around for you? nicee.. good luck btw I'll probably will be seating for text early next year

Guest Sunviraz

Date applied: 30/07/2016

Council: Nsw regional wagga wagga

Online/Paper: Online

Acknowledgement Email: 30/07/2016

Citizenship test email:23/08/2016

Citizenship Test: 07/09/16

Date of Approval: 14/09/16

Date of Ceremony: waiting

Hi,

Applied citizenship for my 2 year old kid along with me. Does the kid need to attend the appointment for citizenship test interview as well?

Nope. Your kid do not require to attend the interview/test. But you should carry all the documents of yours and your Kid during the appointment.