2. City/Council Area: Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 28/09/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 4/10/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 17/1/2017

7. Approval letter: Waiting

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

Regards,

Hello. Can you please update your status have you pledged? Thanks.

Hey neighbour! we are probably gonna attend the ceremony at the time!:wink:

My timeline:

Applied online - 15/04/16

Email acknowledgement - 15/04/16

Test email - 27/05/16

Test date - 28/05/16 (originally 28/06/16. rescheduled online)

City council - City of Glen Eira

It is likely that the helpline staff can only tell you what they see on your file, so if the 'ceremony allocation' team hasn't put a date on your file, you'll probably just get to hear the 'Wait 3-6 months' spiel. I am in a similar situation like yourself where I needed to book flights for my overseas trip in December, and since there was no indication of when I could expect to receive an invite, I just went ahead and booked them. I have advised them of my travel plans and I hope I haven't been pushed further down the queue as a result of doing that. Crossing my fingers for a November or December ceremony. Good luck to you and I hope you have yours this year!
Hi. Please advise you update once receive the invitation letter. Thanks. My application was approved on 9th Sep 2016. Hope I can make it on Australia Day or before. Thank you !

Hi all,

Please find below my timelime.

1. Date Applied:
26/07/2016

2. City/Council Area: Glen Eira

3. Online / Paper:
Paper

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email:
15/08/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email:
/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test:
/09/2016

7. Approval letter:
Waiting

8. Date of ceremony:
Waiting

Regards,

Hi. Please advise you update once receive the invitation letter. Thanks. My application was approved on 9th Sep 2016. Hope I can make it on Australia Day or before. Thank you !

Will do :) Glen Eira council have now pushed the November ceremony to the 17th from the 9th presumably due to the council elections and the December ceremony by a day to the 7th. Did you ask your case officer during the interview as to when you can expect to be invited to a ceremony?

Will do :) Glen Eira council have now pushed the November ceremony to the 17th from the 9th presumably due to the council elections and the December ceremony by a day to the 7th. Did you ask your case officer during the interview as to when you can expect to be invited to a ceremony?

Thank you Catalyst2012!! I called them and they said 6 months is the expected waiting period. As I just received approval letter 1 month ago, unless I'm extremely lucky I have to wait till Australia day at least. Glen Eira is also jamming I think with big numbers of new residents and limited capacity of each ceremony so the process is very very slow. Hope you will be in the list of November.

Hi all,

1. Date Applied:
26/07/2016

3. Online / Paper:
Paper

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email:
15/08/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email:
/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test:
/09/2016

7. Approval letter:
Waiting

8. Date of ceremony:
Waiting

Regards,

Hi all,

1. Date Applied: 26/07/2016

3. Online / Paper: Paper

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 15/08/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 05/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/09/2016

7. Approval letter: 09/09/2016

Hi all,

1. Date Applied: 26/07/2016

3. Online / Paper: Paper

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 15/08/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 05/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/09/2016

7. Approval letter: 09/09/2016

Hi Blissli42, do you mind telling me when your credit card or payment was made in between?

I also applied paper application since 13 September and haven't heard anything, even my payment has not been made.. I am in Sydney.. everytime I called them, they said it could be between 60-80 days just to process?

Thanks

Hi Blissli42, do you mind telling me when your credit card or payment was made in between?

I also applied paper application since 13 September and haven't heard anything, even my payment has not been made.. I am in Sydney.. everytime I called them, they said it could be between 60-80 days just to process?

Thanks

Hello. The gap between the date of application made and payment deducted from credit card was approximate 2 weeks in my case. I would have sat the test in December but i luckily managed to reschedule it to September.:)

Hi to all my update to our application:

-Melbourne-

september 20 - paper application posted

october 3- received an email frim immigration with appointment test schedule

January 13, 2017 - appointment / test schedule

Hi Leah28, can you please advise when did the payment was charged? I am still in limbo, applied paper from 13 September and my payment has not been made yet.. appreciate it thanks

and off course, good luck

Edited by luckmantj

Hello. The gap between the date of application made and payment deducted from credit card was approximate 2 weeks in my case. I would have sat the test in December but i luckily managed to reschedule it to September.:)

Thanks Blissli42.. I really don't know whats the delay?? my payment has not been made yet and its almost 1 month now (from 13 September)

Hi Leah28, can you please advise when did the payment was charged? I am still in limbo, applied paper from 13 September and my payment has not been made yet.. appreciate it thanks

and off course, good luck

hi! Upon mailing it Sept 20 and we received an email for our appointment and also payment been deducted on oct 3 so about 2 weeks, :) payment was charged morning of oct 3 and we received an email at night same date around 9-10pm, call them maybe theres a problem in debiting your account? At least if you will call and ask about it then you will know whats the problem, i hope you'll sort it out soon, goodluck.

Edited by leah28

hi! Upon mailing it Sept 20 and we received an email for our appointment and also payment been deducted on oct 3 so about 2 weeks, :) payment was charged morning of oct 3 and we received an email at night same date around 9-10pm, call them maybe theres a problem in debiting your account? At least if you will call and ask about it then you will know whats the problem, i hope you'll sort it out soon, goodluck.

Thanks.. I did yesterday and still the same answer, they received lots of applications for Sydney and you just need to wait until its processed ...

1. Date applied: January 2016

2. City/Council area: Kalamunda, WA

3. Online/Paper: Paper

4. Date received acknowledgement: 26 February 2016 for Husband - Me 10 May 2016 (due to having to send to UK for new marriage certificate)

5. Date of Citizenship Test: Husband, 24 March 2016 - Me, 4 August 2016

6. Approval letter: Husband 19 May 2016 - Me 11 October 2016

7. Date of ceremony: Husband, 10 August 2016 - Me TBA

8. Type of ceremony: Normal

Edited by warren&liz

On another note, I will be raising a complaint with the Department (once I get my approval letter!). The official actually asked me the following question:

"Being Irish, have you been convicted of any public order offences, drunk and disorderly, or DUI's?"

Amazing. I was dumbstruck and immediately pointed it out as being racist. The only reason I didn't ask to see his manager there and then was because I was yet to sit the test and had earlier had an issue with the paper my passport photo was printed on. I didn't want to be told to come back in a couple of months time so I kept my mouth shut and sat the test.

So I finally got round to putting in this complaint last week, and yesterday I received a call from the manager of the team in the Brisbane DIBP office. He apologised and said the official in question had been spoken to, which is all I wanted out of my complaint. He wasn't able to be concrete, but it looks like I might get in for the Australia Day ceremony at BCC, which would be slightly ahead of the expected schedule. I sat the test mid August

So I finally got round to putting in this complaint last week, and yesterday I received a call from the manager of the team in the Brisbane DIBP office. He apologised and said the official in question had been spoken to, which is all I wanted out of my complaint. He wasn't able to be concrete, but it looks like I might get in for the Australia Day ceremony at BCC, which would be slightly ahead of the expected schedule. I sat the test mid August

well done.

I was able to brought forward the test to 13th (yesterday) instead of 22 of november. Cleared it 20/20.

Processing officer was kind enough to let me know that app has been approved. Now will wait for the letter.

Unfortunately it looks like there is no ceremony till next year january in my council. MARION, SA.

Anyone else waiting for MARION,SA to send a ceremony invite? :/ I am traveling at the end of the year, is there any way I can get the citizenship before that. Will make things a lot easier for me ...