AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

my council is Banana Shire in Queensland

Thanks.

Guys,

What do you recommend? I can go to Adelaide border office easily. Should I go to the office to check the status of the app or call them which can have very long wait times.

Edited by citiapp

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

Preferred citizenship appointment location: Melbourne

Local council: City of Greater Geelong

Date applied: 05/09/2016-online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 05/09/2016

Date of citizenship test invite email: 09/09/2016

Date of citizenship test: 14/09/2016-passed 100%

Date of approval letter: 21/09/2016

Date of ceremony invite: waiting

Date of ceremony: waiting

Thanks.

Guys,

What do you recommend? I can go to Adelaide border office easily. Should I go to the office to check the status of the app or call them which can have very long wait times.

when did you apply? Judging by this thread i would say give them atleast 2 weeks.

Hi guys ceremony has been done. Finally i am Australian citizen.timeline

Applied- 28 feb 2016(under administrative error)

Acknowledgement same day

Email received for test date-18 july

Officially test date-19 aug

Rescheduled -19 july

Approved- 26 july

Ceremony-20 sep

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi guys ceremony has been done. Finally i am Australian citizen.timeline

Applied- 28 feb 2016(under administrative error)

Acknowledgement same day

Email received for test date-18 july

Officially test date-19 aug

Rescheduled -19 july

Approved- 26 july

Ceremony-20 sep

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi Simran7757, congratulations!! What council did you apply from?

Which office(state) you applied to?

I applied on 11th for Adelaide. Still waiting.

I applied here in Melbourne, I reckon mine will taje a bit longer because i do it paper application, im regretting it now, much better to do it online, but im just hoping to receive a reply from them soon.

I applied here in Melbourne, I reckon mine will taje a bit longer because i do it paper application, im regretting it now, much better to do it online, but im just hoping to receive a reply from them soon.

How you apply wont make any difference in the grand scheme of things. You will still do the interview and citizenship test, and then wait several months for the ceremony.

How you apply wont make any difference in the grand scheme of things. You will still do the interview and citizenship test, and then wait several months for the ceremony.

Dont get me wrong with that its my personal experience like until now even my payment hasnt deducted in my debit card yet, unlike when you do online straight away your application is on the system, while doing it paper application they have to wait for it and input the details into the system thats what i am saying but it doesnt mean that it has a big difference between online and paper application, that's why they are encouraging people to do online application right? But i do not want to argue about these things for i am not an expert like you are, this is my personal views and like what i have said i regret my descision not doing it online, just sharing my personal views on it . And by the way im not in a hurry:wink: cheers mate!

Edited by leah28

Dont get me wrong with that its my personal experience like until now even my payment hasnt deducted in my debit card yet, unlike when you do online straight away your application is on the system, while doing it paper application they have to wait for it and input the details into the system thats what i am saying but it doesnt mean that it has a big difference between online and paper application, that's why they are encouraging people to do online application right? But i do not want to argue about these things for i am not an expert like you are, this is my personal views and like what i have said i regret my descision not doing it online.

Whoah! Steady on! Where did I claim to be an expert? I was just commenting as everyone does on a forum.

I'm not denying your personal viewpoint or your personal experience, and i'm not arguing.

I appreciate the frustration around everything regarding immigration and citizenship timelines; hence why I mentioned that regardless of the manner of citizenship application, if everything goes well, you'll probably end up in the same ceremony either way! It was a reassurance, not a criticism.

Having said that, if Australia Post lose your application, then you do indeed have a problem. An online application takes away that worry about the delivery method of the application.

Good luck! Peace!

Whoah! Steady on! Where did I claim to be an expert? I was just commenting as everyone does on a forum.

I'm not denying your personal viewpoint or your personal experience, and i'm not arguing.

I appreciate the frustration around everything regarding immigration and citizenship timelines; hence why I mentioned that regardless of the manner of citizenship application, if everything goes well, you'll probably end up in the same ceremony either way! It was a reassurance, not a criticism.

Having said that, if Australia Post lose your application, then you do indeed have a problem. An online application takes away that worry about the delivery method of the application.

Good luck! Peace!

oh im sorry with that, my mistake of thinking you are an expert:wink: i was just talking with another mate and my regret of doing it paper application rather than online, its all good now, you have your opinion and i have mine, no dramas, have a great day and peace too:smile:

Edited by leah28

Finally an approval letter! Took 5 weeks, but progress at last!

Date applied - 4/7/2016

City/Council area - City of Whitehorse (Melbourne)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 4/7/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 23/8/2016

Approval letter dated - 26/9/2016

Date of ceremony - TBC

mee too.. im almost giving up now.. just wait then.. I applied since 12 September (paper) and my payment has not even been deducted .. I might be sitting for citizenship test by next year !!

not the best route for us :( are you in Melbourne too?

No.. im in Sydney.. I called immigration last Friday and they took down my details.. they said that they have the records me calling on that day.. but since my payment has not been deducted, I wasn't recorded in their system yet !! .. I guessed they did this on purpose so when we call again, they have the records how many we have called them.. they insisted that the application can be processed within 80 days !! which is way too long !!!