AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I applied 28 feb and got response on 18 july.they wont tell u anything. So no need to call.all you can do is wait..u cant contact to ur CO.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness Simran! Did you find out what the issue was with your application? this is insane timeline. Have you taken the oath yet? Thanks friend

Oh my goodness Simran! Did you find out what the issue was with your application? this is insane timeline. Have you taken the oath yet? Thanks friend

They didnt tell me what was the issue with the application. But they said the application is accessed on individual basis. Most of the applications accessed within 80 days but it may take longer.So they dnt follow any time frame. If they need anything they will let u know. Otherwise dnt waste ur time by calling them.

Hi I applied online on 10th August and received email informing citizenship appointment is scheduled on 25th October at Parramatta office in Sydney. Are there any chances to pre-pone the appointment date? I called up today however there were no appointments available earlier.

Is there any possibility to change the appointment date?

Thanks...

Department starts a new service.There may be a link in the email to change the appointment.if there is no link then only way is to call them to reschedule the appointment.cheers

Department starts a new service.There may be a link in the email to change the appointment.if there is no link then only way is to call them to reschedule the appointment.cheers

Thanks Simran.

Unfortunately there is no link in the email so I need to call them to reschedule.

Thanks.....

Date applied - 02/02/2016

City/Council area - Adelaide

Online / Paper - Paper

Date received the acknowledgement email - 04/02/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/03/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter dated - 16/03/2016 - received in mail 22/03/2016

Date of ceremony - 12/08/2016 -received invitation in mail 15/07/2016 - invitation sent by DIBP

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal - CITIZEN!!!

Became Australian citizen today :-) Checked this afternoon on VEVO, my visa has already been cancelled.

Arrived shortly after 9:00 am with my wife at our local Footy Club. Luckily we have arrived so early, as could fill in electoral enrolment form and straight after that received my Citizenship Certificate!

Affirmation/pledge done after Mayor, AEC staff and Immi representative held their welcome speeches. Over 500 people attended inclusive family members, friends, children. It was so full in the Club room that some people had to stand as not enough chairs available (it was mentioned in invitation letter to only bring 1 person along).

Fantastic ceremony with lunch/sandwiches and mini cupcakes and the obligatory photo shooting with the Mayor and other politicians. Decorated with all Australian Flags, Coat of Arms + Queen of Australia. Beautiful weather and such a nice atmosphere.

Wish you all the very best outcome!

Edited by silencio

Date applied - 02/02/2016

City/Council area - Adelaide

Online / Paper - Paper

Date received the acknowledgement email - 04/02/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/03/2016 - passed (100%)

Approval letter dated - 16/03/2016 - received in mail 22/03/2016

Date of ceremony - 12/08/2016 -received invitation in mail 15/07/2016 - invitation sent by DIBP

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal - CITIZEN!!!

Became Australian citizen today :-) Checked this afternoon on VEVO, my visa has already been cancelled.

Arrived shortly after 9:00 am with my wife at our local Footy Club. Luckily we have arrived so early, as could fill in electoral enrolment form and straight after that received my Citizenship Certificate!

Affirmation/pledge done after Mayor, AEC staff and Immi representative held their welcome speeches. Over 500 people attended inclusive family members, friends, children. It was so full in the Club room that some people had to stand as not enough chairs available (it was mentioned in invitation letter to only bring 1 person along).

Fantastic ceremony with lunch/sandwiches and mini cupcakes and the obligatory photo shooting with the Mayor and other politicians. Decorated with all Australian Flags, Coat of Arms + Queen of Australia. Beautiful weather and such a nice atmosphere.

Wish you all the very best outcome!

Congratulations. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is off topic but I am preparing for my citizenship application and I am wondering if the photo requirements for citizenship is as strict as the photo requirements like for a passport application. Form 1195 states passport-sized photos but does it mean strict compliance to the guidelines set for photos used for passport application? I am thinking of taking the photos ourselves instead of having to go to austpost to get photos. Anyone here whose photos have been rejected for citizenship application?

This is off topic but I am preparing for my citizenship application and I am wondering if the photo requirements for citizenship is as strict as the photo requirements like for a passport application. Form 1195 states passport-sized photos but does it mean strict compliance to the guidelines set for photos used for passport application? I am thinking of taking the photos ourselves instead of having to go to austpost to get photos. Anyone here whose photos have been rejected for citizenship application?

I nearly had mine rejected at the citizenship test this afternoon for being printed on the wrong kind of paper (normal printer paper). It was the right size and everything, it was just a scan of a passport photo. They relented and allowed me to post it in later but not before a bit of a negotiation and me pointing out that nowhere does it say what type of paper it should be.

Date applied - 7/7/2016

City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - Not received. But got letter 20th July

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/8/2016

Approval letter dated - need to post in a new photo before I can get this

Date of ceremony - I'm expecting March-ish

On another note, I will be raising a complaint with the Department (once I get my approval letter!). The official actually asked me the following question:

"Being Irish, have you been convicted of any public order offences, drunk and disorderly, or DUI's?"

Amazing. I was dumbstruck and immediately pointed it out as being racist. The only reason I didn't ask to see his manager there and then was because I was yet to sit the test and had earlier had an issue with the paper my passport photo was printed on. I didn't want to be told to come back in a couple of months time so I kept my mouth shut and sat the test.

On another note, I will be raising a complaint with the Department (once I get my approval letter!). The official actually asked me the following question:

"Being Irish, have you been convicted of any public order offences, drunk and disorderly, or DUI's?"

Amazing. I was dumbstruck and immediately pointed it out as being racist. The only reason I didn't ask to see his manager there and then was even because I was yet to sit the test and had earlier had an issue with the paper my passport photo was printed on. I didn't want to be told to come back in a couple of months time so I kept my mouth shut and sat the test.

Appalling! Absolutely appalling. You should raise a complaint. Like I am lost for words.

Hi All,

A query from those people whose Council is Brisbane City Council.

Who send the Citizenship Ceremony Invitation? Is it Council or DIBP?

Moreover is it an email or snail mail thing?

Cheers,

[h=2]Attending a ceremony[/h]Brisbane City Council conducts citizenship ceremonies throughout the year. Invitations to the Ceremony are sent to new Citizens by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

This is from the Brisbane City Council website. From what we know, invites are sent out 4-2 weeks in advance. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Its been 10 years in making. Finally can see an end to it all and can visit family stress free in Dec. I hope you get yours soon too, you've been waiting long enough as well. :)

Indeed! Yeah will complete 3 months of waiting next Saturday lol. I called my council a couple days ago and they said I'm not on the September list, so yea hopefully it's November for me too otherwise December :) Will you have enough time to sort out your passport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Its been 10 years in making. Finally can see an end to it all and can visit family stress free in Dec. I hope you get yours soon too, you've been waiting long enough as well. :)

Hip hip hooray

Ton of congratulations chandni.

How long did u wait after approval?