AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

This is true.i asked my council too. They said we had a ceremony last month and there were not many applicant in the list sent by the department. But people r still waiting for their ceremonies. Actually the department usually sent the list with not many people on the list. This is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I guess at the end of the day, there's nothing anyone can do except wait because all we can do is guesswork. Unless we know someone working for DIBP lol.

I guess at the end of the day, there's nothing anyone can do except wait because all we can do is guesswork. Unless we know someone working for DIBP lol.

I dnt understand what r they doing?

If someone is approved.they can straight away allocate tentative date to a particular file coz they know how many applicants approved before that in a particular council. Its not a rocket science.isnt it??

If someone is approved.they can straight away allocate tentative date to a particular file coz they know how many applicants approved before that in a particular council. Its not a rocket science.isnt it??

Yeah seems straightforward but since I have rang them on Monday and its now 3 weeks since approval - there's been no tentative date. Maybe they do have a particular format to stick to. They deal with so many people so DIBP might be a bit overwhelmed I guess.

Hi guys. I attended my citizenship ceremony on July 23rd. We were told that the certificates were not available on the day and that they would be posted out registered mail. Anyone have any ideas how long it normally takes to receive it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Guest Sarah2016
Hi guys. I attended my citizenship ceremony on July 23rd. We were told that the certificates were not available on the day and that they would be posted out registered mail. Anyone have any ideas how long it normally takes to receive it?

I thought you get certificate on the same day. Maybe yours is delayed due to Election month and minister's unavailability ??

I thought you get certificate on the same day. Maybe yours is delayed due to Election month and minister's unavailability ??

Yeah that's what they said it was. Because they didn't get signed in time. I'm just worried because my postman has been known to try and deliver letters and parcels to the wrong address quite often and if I don't get the card I won't know it's at the post office.

Can u plz share your timeline?

Had u given any tentative date after your approval?

That was so quick indeed! Congrats!

Was the invitation via e-mail or was it snail mail? I've heard rumours of City of Sydney using email instead.

It was an email...

You are warmly invited to attend your Australian Citizenship ceremony on Wednesday 24 August 2016 at 1:30pm.

It is essential that you respond to say if you are able or unable to attend by replying to this email no later than 12:00pm on Friday 5 August 2016.

If you notify us that you are unable to attend you will be allocated to our next ceremony and we can ask the next person on the wait list. We only send this email invitation we do not post you a copy. The ceremonies following August 24 are on Friday 23 September 2016 and Wednesday 19 October at 1:30pm.

Time: It is important that you arrive to register on Wednesday 24 August by 1:00pm and bring photo ID, either a passport or drivers licence and a copy of this email either printed or on your phone.

Venue: Lower Town Hall, Sydney Town Hall.

Entrance is in Druitt Street, Opposite the Queen Victoria Building

Dress: Smart casual or business attire

Seating: Note you will be allocated a seat. If you have a baby or small child who is not receiving a certificate please let us know so that we can arrange to have them seated with you.

If your child is also receiving a certificate please let us know if they are attending.

If you have asked the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to be linked with a friend or partner who is taking citizenship you will be seated together. If we do not know you are together please let us know. If we have you registered as linked with another person who is attending this ceremony their name will appear here:

Assisted Access: If you have any special requirements, such as the need for assisted access, please let us know as soon as possible before your ceremony.

Guests: You are welcome to bring up to three guests. Guests will sit in a different section so do not require allocated seats and you do not need to let us know they are attending.

Mailing address: If your mailing address has changed please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection on 131 880 or by posting form 929 to the applicable citizenship processing centre.

We use this address to send you your photo after the ceremony and the Department

of Immigration and Border Protection need it for administration.

Passports: If you have any questions about passports please contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade by phone on 131 232 (8am to 8pm weekdays and 8:30 to 5pm on weekends).

Timing: The ceremony is approximately 70 minutes (not including registration) and is followed by afternoon tea. You are not required to stay for afternoon tea however

you are required to stay until the end of the ceremony and the singing of the National Anthem.

Edited by ecg78

Can u plz share your timeline?

Had u given any tentative date after your approval?

Applied online - 7/5/16 I think

Email acknowledgement - 8/5/16

Test email - 10/5/16

Test date - 14/7/16 - changed over the phone to 14/5/16

Approval received - 29/6/16

Invitation for ceremony- dated 4/7/16

City council - Liverpool

Ceremony - 23/7/16.

Test email - 10/5/16

City council - Liverpool

Ceremony - 23/7/16.

Holy mother of God Bessiedoll - thats quick! Congrats :D

Test email - 10/5/16

City council - Liverpool

Ceremony - 23/7/16.

Woww! that's so quick. Congratulations

Test email - 10/5/16

City council - Liverpool

Ceremony - 23/7/16.

Oh my God ! U lucky

5 days after the approval letter....

I am still looking at your timeline..

Am i dreaming or something..

Anyways gud luck for your future..

Oz oz oz

Guest Sarah2016

Test email - 10/5/16

City council - Liverpool

Ceremony - 23/7/16.

Congrats Bessiedoll.. You are lucky.. People wait 6 months at the Liverpool Council, their website also says the approximately 6 months after receiving your approval letter.. Probably they are expediting the ceremonies as I see they held two ceremonies on July 23rd and cancelled the future ceremony in September

When I got the approval letter I was expecting to wait 6 months.. I thought to myself that it would probably be around Christmas time. Then I got the next letter and I thought it was going to tell me they have changed their mind ?. I couldn't believe it that it was for my ceremony. I am very luck that my whole process was so quick in comparison to others.

I also got an email today to say that I had been added to the electoral role. It still won't feel official until I get the certificate, but it is all real ?

Guest Sarah2016

I also got an email today to say that I had been added to the electoral role. It still won't feel official until I get the certificate, but it is all real 

I hoped you already pinched yourself to see if this is not dream :D;)

Cheers for the detailed message @ecg78.

My application was finally approved mid last month after a wait of more than 80 days of submitting the application. Hopefully, I would get an invitation for the one on the 23/9 or the 19/10

Keeping my fingers crossed till then!

I just checked Liverpool council website. There are ELEVEN ceremonies held during the year at this council . Shame on my council !! Wish I lived in liverpool.

• 25th February
  • 16 March
  • 3 May
  • 7 June
  • 25th June at 9am
  • 23rd July at 9am and 11.30 am
  • 16 August
  • 15 September - CANCELLED
  • 18 October
  • 16 November
  • 1 December

I just checked Liverpool council website. There are ELEVEN ceremonies held during the year at this council . Shame on my council !! Wish I lived in liverpool.

• 25th February

• 16 March

• 3 May

• 7 June

• 25th June at 9am

• 23rd July at 9am and 11.30 am

• 16 August

• 15 September - CANCELLED

• 18 October

• 16 November

• 1 December

Oh mate what a shame! I am lucky in that sense I guess coz my council has 12 ceremonies for the year and a big one on Citizens day (17th Sep) but I'll quote Alexandre Dumas for all of us 'wait and hope' lol.

Guest Sarah2016
Oh mate what a shame! I am lucky in that sense I guess coz my council has 12 ceremonies for the year and a big one on Citizens day (17th Sep) but I'll quote Alexandre Dumas for all of us 'wait and hope' lol.

I guess you will receive invite for September one. Because Townsville being small town will not have much backlog.

Guest Sarah2016

There are total 560 councils across the country. I assume at least 250 of them will have monthly ceremonies, so they should automate the allocations, that way it will be less manual process.

I guess you will receive invite for September one. Because Townsville being small town will not have much backlog.

Well the council said there's no backlog but the DIBP says there is. I rang them yesterday to check for my passport and to ask to be not put in Dec one if I cannot get an urgent passport as I won't be able to return back on my foreign passport. She said there's no tentative date yet anyway. The earliest it can come out is 2 months in advance but usually call around 3 weeks in advance from the date. Its annoying how for so many people it puts things on hold. She said that she cannot guarantee I won't be in the Dec one and I am like I cannot even use my own passport to travel overseas and return peacefully lol. smh