AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

That's excellent news!!! Congrats!!!!! :D

It will most likely be that date. A lot of places have a big ceremony in September so you might well be in that. I think they also want to probably make way for Australia Day ceremony so they might do a big one in Sep and clear the back log. I might call them today now, I was approved on the 15th and they did not have anything for me last week :(

Thanks Chandnihorvath!! I have actually just received the invitation email from the city council and I will update my timeline. Hope you can get allocated to a ceremony soon.

Just an update of my timeline

App Date: 06 Jul 2016

Test invitation email: 28 Jul 2016

Test date: 28 Jul 2016

Test centre: Melbourne (Council: City of Boroondara)

Approval date: 28 Jul 2016

Approval letter received date: 03 Aug 2016

Called DIBP this morning and was told that the tentative date of my ceremony is 06 Sep 2016, but he also said there's nothing more anybody can do or he can tell. The letter has not been sent, no concrete dates, no guarantee the ceremony will even take place...

He asked me to just keep checking my mail box (like we have not been doing that already) and hopefully I can receive a letter before the ceremony date...

Hey guys I have just received the invitation email from the Boroondara City Council. So excited!!! Although it may take another few days for the snail mail invitation letter from DIBP to arrive.

Approval letter received date: 03 Aug 2016 (mail)

Ceremony invitation email received: 08 Aug 2016 (from city council not DIBP)

Ceremony date: 06 Sep 2016 (regular)

Hey guys I have just received the invitation email from the Boroondara City Council. So excited!!! Although it may take another few days for the snail mail invitation letter from DIBP to arrive.

Approval letter received date: 03 Aug 2016 (mail)

Ceremony invitation email received: 08 Aug 2016 (from city council not DIBP)

Ceremony date: 06 Sep 2016 (regular)

5 days after approval.... ru serious

Congrts mate

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

It all seems inconsistent when i call my council they say DIBP send out invite, then you see on here some councils send out invites, who knows what really happens...

Didnt u see the approval letter.? It clearly mentioned either DIBP or Council will send letter.

It all seems inconsistent when i call my council they say DIBP send out invite, then you see on here some councils send out invites, who knows what really happens...

I would suppose DIBP will send out mails of invitation for all applicants.

When it comes to invitation emails though, some city councils do it while others don't. It all seems to depend on different city council, from what I can see.

Guest Sarah2016

If DIBP publish a list every month with a cut off dates for invites (like they do for PR invite) 80% of the call can be reduced. They would save some FTE cost.

Guys i read somewhere tht DIBP send notifications to the councils every 2-3 weeks apart for approved appliacants. And then council held the ceremonies for them accordingly. So better to check with council and ask them did they get the notification list from DIBP. They will surely let u know that u r on the list for next ceremony or not. Cheers

Hi,

I am asking this question for one of my friend. He is bit confused about what supporting documents he need to submit for his parent's other name (which is actually alternative spelling). I would appreciate your help.

Guys be careful DIBP records the calls you make!!! I was caught today. !!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Australian government departments do. Keeps a good record of whats said, and if they miss details they can play back the recording to get the correct info.

Guys be careful DIBP records the calls you make!!! I was caught today. !!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

What happened? lol

Yeah, they have the recording thing for Dept. of Human Services as well. They have a disclaimer played out the first thing when you call them. They say to mention if you don't want them to record. I just let them lol I can provide some good banter ;)

What happened? lol

Yeah, they have the recording thing for Dept. of Human Services as well. They have a disclaimer played out the first thing when you call them. They say to mention if you don't want them to record. I just let them lol I can provide some good banter ;)

The lady said you already called three days ago!! They keep a list of calls we make !!!

The lady said you already called three days ago!! They keep a list of calls we make !!!

Yeah I had my doubts that they do. What do they expect, them being all secretive about the ceremony process? Its high up there and waiting for six months is a long time.

Calls are recorded to protect both you and the staff you speak to. It stops later claims of he said/she said. They have to make a note of files for both visas and citizenship of when you call the department - its one thing that slows down processing, as every time you speak to a CO they have to stop, find the file, record the fact that you rang and make notes of what was said.

If you are moving to oz get used to it.

Hi,

I am asking this question for one of my friend. He is confused about what supporting

documents one need to submit for his parent's other name (which is actually alternative spelling of last name). I would appreciate if you could suggest something.