AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

36 minutes ago, 07Nov2017 said:

Ok guys been waiting 21 months here lol
And they are already approving 2019 applications wtf !?!?
What about 2017 applications. Anyone here still waiting and applied in 2017???

we applied 1/18 brisbane and not a peep ...nowt....nothing since .....

Guest nblee123
3 hours ago, 07Nov2017 said:

Count me in.

Applied 2017 Oct
Test Passed 30/04/2019
No approval yet
Applied in Sydney
From China 

5 hours ago, 07Nov2017 said:

Surely you will be able to call and complain now as it's been longer than the wait times on the home affairs website? It says 16-20 months start to finish on there https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/citizenship-processing-times 

I'm not a 2017, but March 2018 and still waiting.

Edited by cybervoodoo
clarity

On 02/07/2019 at 11:37, MrGrieves said:

Hi,

Do you guys know whether we get an email when application gets approved? I passed the test last Friday and now wondering if I will have to wait another couple of hours or 10 months. I'm checking my immiaccount about 16 times a day, but if I know I will get an email when approved, I might slow down on my compulsive checks.

My timeline FYI:

- Application 15.02.19

- Interview and test email: 19.06.19

- Test and Interview: 24.06.19 (rescheduled from 9.11.19)

Thanks!

Approval time depends on various factors and are not controlled from out end. There are heterogeneous things that are taken into consideration while your application is  proceed for Australia PR visa.  

• Like 1

On 20/05/2019 at 22:10, Djo said:

Sunshine coast is so slow! I applied 5/1/2018. test on 9/1/2019 still waiting for approval and I know people on the coast that applied end of 2017 and still no approvals....

Any approval yet? This is a joke for the Sunshine Coast when there’s people applying in 2019, getting test and approval! Wtf? Yet up here we get left in the dark! 

On 09/05/2019 at 18:48, Mrs Depp said:

Hi,

We did our test at the same place as you on the 24th April.

We were told to call Home Affairs after 6wks if we hadn't received our approval letter. 

Will be interesting to see how we both get on. We may get the same ceremony date 😀

Have you got your approval yet? 

Bonjour all you good chaps and chapettes 🙂

Can anyone direct me where to find info on what is required for a citizenship test and application? I won't be needing this for at least a year (just had my PR approved 3 days ago) but just want to keep myself informed on what is required so I can be prepared when the time comes.

Cheers

Edited by Canada2Australia

9 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Can anyone direct me where to find info on what is required for a citizenship test and application? I won't be needing this for at least a year (just had my PR approved 3 days ago) but just want to keep myself informed on what is required so I can be prepared when the time comes.

Cheers

The DOHA website has the information just type Australian citizenship application  in Google and u should find the DOHA website with all the information you need to know. 

Also test is very simple, maybe brush up on sample questions online, but regardless it's all common knowledge questions. So quiet simple. 

Hope that helps your query. 

Edited by Tanwi

On 28/06/2019 at 14:58, Parkesy said:

Hello citizenship people!

Back on the forum after a 12 months break. Conferral application is in today. So much easier than PR hey! Took me a few hours max.

What are the realistic wait times at the moment? Im aware of the published guidelines but what is the average we are seeing on the forum? 

Wait time for the PR is unpredictable. You have depend upon what is actually written on the official website. If everything falls in place then you can get the said visa timely. 

4 hours ago, Tanwi said:

2 hours ago, Sheral Singh said:

Wait time for the PR is unpredictable. You have depend upon what is actually written on the official website. If everything falls in place then you can get the said visa timely. 

He/She is asking about citizenship application not PR as per his/her post he/she has  obtained, Permanent Resident hence asking about what he/she needs relating to  citizenship matters☺ 

Edited by Tanwi

10 hours ago, Tanwi said:

He/She is asking about citizenship application not PR as per his/her post he/she has  obtained, Permanent Resident hence asking about what he/she needs relating to  citizenship matters☺ 

This is a spam, just ignore messages from that account... He posted the same response to one of my messages earlier.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2019 at 04:43, Canada2Australia said:

Cheers

Home Affairs website

• Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 09:13, Djo said:

No! No approval yet still waiting. Are you from the Sunny coast as well.

cheers

Yeah, I applied 4th May 2018 and had my test 8th May 2019 and still no approval. I’m actually getting pissed off seeing people elsewhere getting ceremonies after applying in 2019! It’s so unfair because we are regional...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rebbecca said:

Yeah, I applied 4th May 2018 and had my test 8th May 2019 and still no approval. I’m actually getting pissed off seeing people elsewhere getting ceremonies after applying in 2019! It’s so unfair because we are regional...

Does being from a Regional areas means it takes a little bit longer then those in the big cities? Especially if you have all your papers, are documented and there shouldn't be anything hindering ones approval 😔 

13 hours ago, Tanwi said:

Does being from a Regional areas means it takes a little bit longer then those in the big cities? Especially if you have all your papers, are documented and there shouldn't be anything hindering ones approval 😔 

nope - we applied Brisbane and still waiting for a test date at 18 months lol........ it is just a lottery from what iam reading and hearing for everyone .....we are easy family application so no reason for our delay which is even crazier......

• Sad 1

Update for brisbane city council applications. 

I sat my test on 7 march and was told I would get approval in the post and my immi account wouldn't change. I obviously have been checking my immi account and my post box every day just in case (like a crazy lady). 

Today I logged into my immi and my status says approved!!! 

I am waiting on my approval for a job and they said before they would accept my approval letter as acceptance rather than doing my ceremony so hopefully the letter shows up in the post shortly. 

• Congratulations 3

Guest nblee123

Already lost my hope:

My timeline is perhaps the longest among all members:

• Applied in Sydney
  • Applied: 28/10/2017
  • Test passed: 30/04/2019 (100%)
  • Waiting for the approval

21 months since. FOI, global compliant, no help at all

Edited by nblee123