Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About MrGrieves

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Early November, and nothing has happened yet. I doubt anything will happen until March now (if anything ever happens). I have to wait until the 15th of February to lodge my application, so fingers crossed...
  2. MrGrieves

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    I have been with my partner for 6 years and we have been on the same student visa (applied together and at the time provided some evidence) since 2014...
  3. MrGrieves

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    Thanks, I feel so relieved. They asked us to provide more evidence of our financial commitments, as in joint bank accounts or things like that. We do not have joint bank accounts, so we wrote a statutory declaration (with the Australian form, signed by an accredited person...) stating how we were sharing life expenses. I also attached excerpts of both our bank statements showing we had been doing things together: paying our part of the rent, travelling together, etc. In the original application, we had already included a lot of documents such as rental agreements, flights tickets, photos, airBnB profile... @MGB: I used the phone number shown on my request for further information. I don't think this forum allows to share this kind of information...
  4. MrGrieves

    Skillselect ENS 186 Timeline

    Hi there, I have been a silent reader of this forum, but quite active on the spreadsheet. My nomination was approved on the 5th of January, and my application today (Yay!!!!) My MA lodged the nomination on the 1st of September 2017 but I did the application by myself (lodged on 11 September) because it was too expensive to go with the MA for this as well. The consequence is they requested more information (police check translation, more evidence on relationship...) on 11th January. I called them when all docs were uploaded and they said they would not re open my application until the end of the 28 day period (9/02). I was very impatient this afternoon and I called them again. They said the only thing they could say is that my file was being assessed, but no indication whatsoever about when I can get a decision. And 5 minutes later, I received the golden email! I couldn't believe my phone call was so helpful! It took them 5 minutes to have a look at my documents. I wonder how long I would have waited if I didn't call them. I understand I would have probably got my visa more than a month earlier if I went with a MA, but now that it is done, I'm happy I saved the money. But my MA did a great job on the nomination!!! I wish good luck to everyone waiting for a long time... Environmental consultant, Direct Entry, LR, 2 people on the application. Cheers!