AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Nope, as mentioned I received the approval letter for myself four business days later. No emails etc. BCC also doesn't send out e-mail invities so watch the letterbox instead. Shouldn't take too long.

Hmmm it sounds like you have a lot of information about Citizenship application and ceremony process in Brisbane. I am guessing my approval letter will arrive somewhere in the end of next week. Thanks for your help.

****UPDATE****

Brisbane Office Timeline:

Date of applied: February 09, 2016.

City Council/State: Brisbane City Council/Queensland.

Application Mode: Online Application (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: February 09, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 18/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 25/02/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Citizenship Approval: 26/02/2016 (Confirmed by Calling DIBP).

Citizenship Ceremony: Not Yet Known

Edited by sunnyalt

Hi everyone,

Citizenship applied on 21st December. Its been more than 2 months haven't heard anything from immigration yet. Melbourne office.

Anyone else going through same timeline? ?

Thanks

1. Date applied: Sept 2015
  2. City/Council area: Moonee Valley Victoria
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: sept 2015
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test:8/10/2015
  6. Date of ceremony: 16/03/2016 (awaiting letter but dept of immi and council confirmed on the list. Advised letters can come up to 1 week before ceremony )
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/: normall

Hi all,

I applied for my birth certificate 2 weeks ago from the UK and haven't received it yet. I am worried as I have my citizenship test tomorrow arvo and I only have a colour certified copy of my original to hand but proof I've ordered a duplicate copy. Do you think this will be an issue? Has anyone else had an issue with this or supply this?

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and not very knowledgeable on Australian Citizenship. I hope you could give me some helpful insights into citizenship matters. I spoke to Citizenship line recently and was told that I would qualified to apply in June this year. My job requires me to travel overseas several times a year, each time ranging from one week to 6 weeks. Below are some facts to consider;

*Counting backward 4 years from June 2016, as of now I have been away from Australia totaling 300 Days.

*Counting backward 1 year from June 2016, as of now I have not been away at all.

*I have just received an assignment which requires me to be away for about 50 Days starting from mid April to early June, thus meaning I will back in Australia just 3 weeks before the day I am eligible to apply. If I was to take this assignment, can I still apply in June this year or I will have to wait?

*As I would get very close to the 12 months allowed to be away from the country over the last 4 years period counting from June 2016, does anyone know if traveling overseas during the gap period between being an approved applicant to citizenship ceremony would count toward the 12 months threshold? It is likely that I will have to take another trip while waiting for my ceremony.

Thank you in advance to your kind advice.

Hi all,

I applied for my birth certificate 2 weeks ago from the UK and haven't received it yet. I am worried as I have my citizenship test tomorrow arvo and I only have a colour certified copy of my original to hand but proof I've ordered a duplicate copy. Do you think this will be an issue? Has anyone else had an issue with this or supply this?

Yes, that's fine. They give you a letter at the interview saying you have 30 days or however long to get it and send to them. Only after this will the citizenship be approved. The same thing happened to me with my marriage certificate.

Hi everyone, Citizenship applied on 21st December. Its been more than 2 months haven't heard anything from immigration yet. Melbourne office.Anyone else going through same timeline? ?Thanks
Longer. Applied end Oct. Still waiting for a test date...

1. Date applied - 25/01/2016
  2. City/Council area - Woollahra Council
  3. Online / Paper - Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 25/01/2016 (auto generated email within 5 minutes)​
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 01/03/2016 - Passed today - Woo
  6. Date of ceremony - Waiting
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

Guest dubsydney
Hey dubsydney am I right in saying it took 6 weeks after sending in paper application to get a confirmation? I did a paper application 3 weeks ago was getting a bit worried as everyone else does theirs online!

Yeah it would be more or less 6 weeks

(time range )so far....I applied mine ....through paper application last October 16,2015.

December 5,2016 I've got a mail from the immigration with the citizenship test schedule.

I hope you will get yours soon...

Note : I did the test but I don't receive any approval yet,but my other member

of the family got their approval after one week from the test....

Good luck to all of us!

Edited by dubsydney

Hey dubsydney am I right in saying it took 6 weeks after sending in paper application to get a confirmation? I did a paper application 3 weeks ago was getting a bit worried as everyone else does theirs online!

Don't worry too much, we did hubby's as a paper application as well and got confirmation within 2 days after mailing it off with test date attached.

You will see it anyway as DIBP first step is to debit your account with the application fee. Then you gonna know anyway that application is in progress.

Give the citizenship hotline a call if you getting too concerned about it. Are you able to track your application?

***** UPDATE *****

Brisbane Office Timeline:

Date of Application: February 09, 2016.

City Council/State: Brisbane City Council/Queensland.

Application Mode: Online (Provided all documents upfront).

Acknowledgement date: February 09, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: 18/02/2016.

Citizenship test: 25/02/2016 (Passed with 100%).

Citizenship Approval: 25/02/2016.

Approval Letter Received in Mail: 02/03/2016 (Dated 25/02/2016).

Citizenship Ceremony: Not Yet Known

Guest Sarah2016
  1. Date applied - 25/01/2016

2. City/Council area - Woollahra Council

3. Online / Paper - Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 25/01/2016 (auto generated email within 5 minutes)​

5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 01/03/2016 - Passed today - Woo

6. Date of ceremony - Waiting

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) - Normal

Congratulations Annie.

I have a similar case like you. I uploaded the color copy of my birth certificate but now it seems I can't find the original copies. And I don't have the originals for my interview. Were you not asked for original as I see you passed the test. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest harry007

Melbourne Office Timeline:

Date of Application: March 13, 2016.

City Council/State: City of Whitehorse / Victoria .

Acknowledgement date: March 13, 2016.

Email for Citizenship Test/Interview: Due..........

Citizenship test: Due.............

Citizenship Approval: Due.....

Approval Letter Received in Mail: Due......

Citizenship Ceremony: Due............

Can anybody help me if I could study those 20 questions online on DIBP website will I able to pass the test or do i have to study something else also ?

Edited by harry007

Guest Sarah2016

Can anybody help me if I could study those 20 questions online on DIBP website will I able to pass the test or do i have to study something else also ?

They are just sample questions.. That's not sufficient

Read the "Our Common Bond" document on the DIBP website as the test is based on the information found in that.

just read the book. pretty amazing that you think those will be the 20 questions. I feel a lot less stupid already today.

Read the "Our Common Bond" document on the DIBP website as the test is based on the information found in that.

It's a very short book and you don't even need to read all of it as the last part isn't included in the test. There's no excuse for not getting 100% in the test (but the pass mark is lower than that).