3 hours ago, agmc said:

We got our visa grant today for both 309 & 100!

We’ve been together for four years and married for one year - no children. Timeline as follows:

Applied from London in May 17 2019.

RFI for applicant’s police certificates & medicals in May 21 2019.

Second RFI for sponsor’s police certificates in December 5 2019.

Visa grant emails for 309 & 100 in January 15 2020.  1st entry by 15 January 2021.

Thanks for all the information here, and good luck to everyone that is still waiting for their golden email!

Hi agmc

Congratulations I'm really pleased for you.  🤗

Could I just double check when you applied.  You've said May - and that you got an RFI only a few days later?  Did you mean March?  Only wondering as they seem to have skipped April applicants!!!

Hi All, 

I posted a little while back, as I wasnt sure where my application woud be processed (Irish Republic passport, living in Australia, applied from Indonesia), and I just recieved my RFI to leave for a decision...from the London office, not the Indonesian, or the Australian...weird

Thought I'd add my timeline;

Applied 21st of June 2019

RFI for police checks and medical on 6th Dec submitted 6th of Jan

RFI to leave for decision 15th Jan

Looking at booking flights for next week, and have to apply for a BVB incase the decision is negative (very very long story), and still pinching myself that there's movement, but just veery worried that its a negative outcome...

Edited by sbrowne9
  • Congratulations 2

6 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hi agmc

Could I just double check when you applied.  You've said May - and that you got an RFI only a few days later?  Did you mean March?  Only wondering as they seem to have skipped April applicants!!!

They also seem to have skipped a lot of March applicants 😞

Hi all,

I’ve been following this forum for a while now and thought I’d add my own timeline.

Applied 15th March 2019. Medical and police checks submitted August 2019.

Have not had any RFI or contact at all so far. 

My partner has been living in the UK with me for the past 2 years but his visa expires at the end of the month and he is heading back to Australia, so really hoping the grants come through soon! 

16 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hi All, 

I posted a little while back, as I wasnt sure where my application woud be processed (Irish Republic passport, living in Australia, applied from Indonesia), and I just recieved my RFI to leave for a decision...from the London office, not the Indonesian, or the Australian...weird

Thought I'd add my timeline;

Applied 21st of June 2019

RFI for police checks and medical on 6th Dec submitted 6th of Jan

RFI to leave for decision 15th Jan

Looking at booking flights for next week, and have to apply for a BVB incase the decision is negative (very very long story), and still pinching myself that there's movement, but just veery worried that its a negative outcome...

Hopefully, it’s very good news, so congratulations! Please keep us informed once you leave. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hi agmc

Hi @Sunseeker20,

We did indeed apply in May and, to our great surprise, got an RFI a few days later.

Good luck and hopefully you will get your grant very soon!

• Congratulations 1

It’s great to see so many grants coming through! Hopefully it moves a bit quicker as it seemed to really slow down for a while. 

we applied March and had RFI December 20. Submitted it all last night. Now just the long wait. Ours is being sent to VACCU and we’ve been told it can take another 12 months! We are currently living in different countries so it’s hard but we are going to focus on a holiday to Thailand to take our minds off things so I’m really looking forward to that! 

Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new here but have been considering applying (partner visa 802) for a long time and have been following this forum a lot as a hobby almost! The time to move may come this year or next and I want to be ready. My wife is Australian, we have been married for 5 years and have 3 children all born in Ireland (who have Australian citizenship) and we have a mortgage together, so I think we have a pretty solid case

I am working on my application and cannot afford an agent to help. I have a couple of fairly basic questions I was hoping someone in a similar position could clarify?

First, on the supporting witness form 888 it asks for Australian citizens, I'm in Ireland so this isn't really possible. As i understand it, it asks for people from the set list of professions OR if you can't find them, then anyone you know and then it is counter signed by someone from the set list of professions that their statement is accurate. So if some of our friends filled this out for us, would it be acceptable for them to take it to a police station and ask for the police to counter sign their statement about us?

Second thing I was wanting to check was about the RFI. I understand that people don't always submit the medical and police checks when they first submit their application as they might expire. Are these the only things that you don't submit? Do you submit absolutely everything else apart form the medical/police checks and then wait for them to ask for them?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi, 

I haven’t used an agent either. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/888.pdf

“For the 888

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if it is made using this form or the template provided by the Attorney-General’s Department. However, under policy, your statement should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country in which you make the statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those listed above. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom of the statement.”

I personally can’t advise any further on that as I didn’t fill that form out. I gave them the names of a couple of our friends and their contact details. I think that might have been on the main form as I wasn’t going to do witness statements etc. I had lots of photos and emails to prove we are legit. 

I uploaded the police certificate right away and there was a request on the dashboard to make a medical appointment. However when I called immigration about a different question and mentioned I uploaded those things, I was asked did I get a letter requesting it as they only last 12 months. I don’t know what others have done. I applied in August 19 and in the process of applying for my security certificates (I didn’t realise) and will be uploading them, in the next few weeks. So I don’t think you need to get them done right at the start, though I think it’s best to get them submitted at least before the end. I have noticed when people get a RFI they are then waiting 3 or 4 weeks for the grant letter. For me, I want to avoid the RFI and not delay the grant, even though it’s just a few weeks. 

This forum is so helpful, and I also call immigration with a questions:

If you are calling from the Americas or Europe please call our Global Service Centre (GSC) located in Australia on +61 2 6196  0196, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm local time in your country. 

Hopefully others will chime in with what they have done.

On 18/01/2020 at 22:56, lepea said:

I had my medical on Wednesday and today my immi account is showing this when I click on health assessment. I’m assuming that because it’s through eMedical there is no uploading of documents for me to do? 

65A2C4F6-23F0-45BA-9495-4B8C0BE41F2F.jpeg

Hey @lepea that's correct; it's all done and you don't have to upload anything. I'm not a professional, but that's generally a good sign that things can progress forward. Good luck!

HI everyone

Straw poll if I may.....

So we still have no visa news but based on the recent March grants we are desperately hoping ours will come in the next few weeks (we applied 1st April).  I am flying out to Oz at the weekend (on my own) for 2 weeks to visit family and attend job interview (already been offered the job but I won't accept it until I've been to visit).  Also planning on visiting schools, real estate agents etc etc

I went into our local estate agents last week to enquire about getting our house on the market when I got back.  Agent said they had someone in mind who would be interested in buying it and at first I thought "oh here's the sales pitch" but I agreed to one viewing before I went.  Viewing went well and the buyer has just put in an offer that's reasonable BUT wants/needs to move in within the next 6-8 weeks.  ARRGGHH!  

We knew we were likely to end up in a rental anyway in the short term so that's not the issue (although it'll be an expense and a faff to move twice)  I'm just paranoid that if the visa gets rejected we'll be left homeless!  There's no reason it would; we've been married 16 years got 2 kids and passed our police checks and medical...i'm just not the gambling type and this makes me feel nervous.

So my question to all you folks in the same queue as us is what would you do?

Thanks for your input.

On 17/01/2020 at 19:04, Returnhome said:

Hi, 

I haven’t used an agent either. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/888.pdf

“For the 888

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if it is made using this form or the template provided by the Attorney-General’s Department. However, under policy, your statement should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country in which you make the statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those listed above. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom of the statement.”

I personally can’t advise any further on that as I didn’t fill that form out. I gave them the names of a couple of our friends and their contact details. I think that might have been on the main form as I wasn’t going to do witness statements etc. I had lots of photos and emails to prove we are legit. 

I uploaded the police certificate right away and there was a request on the dashboard to make a medical appointment. However when I called immigration about a different question and mentioned I uploaded those things, I was asked did I get a letter requesting it as they only last 12 months. I don’t know what others have done. I applied in August 19 and in the process of applying for my security certificates (I didn’t realise) and will be uploading them, in the next few weeks. So I don’t think you need to get them done right at the start, though I think it’s best to get them submitted at least before the end. I have noticed when people get a RFI they are then waiting 3 or 4 weeks for the grant letter. For me, I want to avoid the RFI and not delay the grant, even though it’s just a few weeks. 

This forum is so helpful, and I also call immigration with a questions:

If you are calling from the Americas or Europe please call our Global Service Centre (GSC) located in Australia on +61 2 6196  0196, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm local time in your country. 

Hopefully others will chime in with what they have done.

Thanks, appreciate the reply. Another member also private messaged me about the website "Partner Visa Academy" which looks like a pretty good website for support specifically on this. The cost is affordable too so I might try that option also

https://thepartnervisaacademy.com.au/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey @lepea that's correct; it's all done and you don't have to upload anything. I'm not a professional, but that's generally a good sign that things can progress forward. Good luck!

Thanks, I’ve not had an RFI for my medical just thought I’d get the ball rolling and hoping for this magic 10 month time frame 🤞🏻

Annoyingly my husband has had an email back from afp check stating that his birth certificate is only an extract and not full so we’re trying to get that sorted before it becomes an RFI. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

HI everyone

Straw poll if I may.....

So we still have no visa news but based on the recent March grants we are desperately hoping ours will come in the next few weeks (we applied 1st April).  I am flying out to Oz at the weekend (on my own) for 2 weeks to visit family and attend job interview (already been offered the job but I won't accept it until I've been to visit).  Also planning on visiting schools, real estate agents etc etc

I went into our local estate agents last week to enquire about getting our house on the market when I got back.  Agent said they had someone in mind who would be interested in buying it and at first I thought "oh here's the sales pitch" but I agreed to one viewing before I went.  Viewing went well and the buyer has just put in an offer that's reasonable BUT wants/needs to move in within the next 6-8 weeks.  ARRGGHH!  

We knew we were likely to end up in a rental anyway in the short term so that's not the issue (although it'll be an expense and a faff to move twice)  I'm just paranoid that if the visa gets rejected we'll be left homeless!  There's no reason it would; we've been married 16 years got 2 kids and passed our police checks and medical...i'm just not the gambling type and this makes me feel nervous.

So my question to all you folks in the same queue as us is what would you do?

Thanks for your input.

I’d be tempted to take the offer. As much as they might want/need to move in 6-8 weeks even the simplest of chains can take longer than this. 

Would it be easy enough to get back on the property ladder should the absolutely worst happen (which seems incredibly unlikely)? 

3 hours ago, Cabbageface said:

Just got an RFI! Kicking myself as it was the sponsor document I hadn’t yet submitted! 

Have submitted now, but relieved to see the application has been looked at. We front loaded all and have not used an agent. 

Submitted: 25th March

RFI: Jan 21

What doc was it?

• Thanks 1