Partner Visa Grant (PR 100)

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the information here it really helped us.

Partner Visa applied (London) 9th March 2018

Request for further information 13th December 2019 - responded 28th December

Email granting temporary 309 received 15:20 10th Jan

1 minute later received email granting permanent visa 100! 

Coincidentally also our 5th wedding anniversary.

Good luck to all still in the process.

• Congratulations 2

10 minutes ago, Elizabetty said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the information here it really helped us.

Congratulations!! We had our RFI not long before you and applied in feb 2019 from London also! Good to know they’re getting through them gives me hope!!! ❣️ Xx

1 hour ago, Elizabetty said:

@Elizabetty Did your visa take almost 2 years? Is there any reason (that you know of)  it took so long?

Hi @Pneill I used pink for logged then orange when the RFI was requested then green for Grant.

I changed the colour of the name too so white when logged when RFI came then name changes to orange then when grant comes name goes to green - means you can see at a glance who is where and I numbered the weeks so you can also see the weeks.  the dates are by week not exact day so when you add a person it will be for the week. I hope that makes scene? If you need any help just give us a shout im sure @CEP will help you too as she set it up at first 🙂

On 08/01/2020 at 13:51, Sunseeker20 said:

Feeling blue today.  New year started, job come to an end and getting ready to put house on market but....still no visa.  Doesn’t look like there have been any grants for weeks now - ?

Anyway in an attempt to retain my sense of humour I thought I’d share a photo of the lovely mug I got given for Christmas.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4

imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4

CD436DD4-C9EC-4815-962B-B2335DC8D530.jpeg

That cup is brilliant and sums up mine and my husband’s feelings lol.

On 09/01/2020 at 20:33, mppc said:

Well guys today was the day I received my email to leave Australia so that they can process my grant. I almost don't believe it but am so utterly relieved. 50 weeks of one of the most stressful times of my life. I think I need to let it sink in as I think I'm a little shell shocked lol 

I was down to the wire, heading back to the UK on holiday on the 14th then back to kick start my new life properly this time.

Thank you so much for all the help and advice from everyone it really helped out in the dark times. 

Congratulations!!! What a way to start the year! 

• Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 14:42, Elizabetty said:

That’s fantastic news! Congratulations!!! 

On 11/01/2020 at 14:42, Elizabetty said:

Can I ask what they asked for in the RFI, please? We applied in May 19 so would like to be ready if we can predict anything (police checks and medical already done and loaded). 

23 minutes ago, TBD said:

Can I ask what they asked for in the RFI, please? We applied in May 19 so would like to be ready if we can predict anything (police checks and medical already done and loaded). 

I would also be interested in knowing. I also applied in May 2019. I've completed my medicals in Dec, now getting criminal checks done and Sponsor's birth certificate. I really hope they don't ask for anything else 🙄

9th Jan 2020: 309 Granted!!! 

Applied: 21st Feb 2019

RFI: 9th December 2019
(medical and police check done nov/dec time)

Entry by 9th Jan 2021

Information for the 100 by 21st Feb 2021! 

Woohoo! Now to finish selling the house and the prep work begins!

Used an agent as our application was slightly complicated as we had to get a waiver for my husbands son. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

Absolutely gutted today my husband has been let go of work, was sent an email saying no longer needed and no 7 days notice or nothing. Generally we applied for his 600 (3months) and then decided he should just stay here and keep working and send me money for house etc.... no hes no job I'm leaving next mo day 20th we booked him flights for the 6 feb to come over on the 600 visa so he can sort kids out for school and get in routine and I need to go to work to support us all. Now I'm worried in case hes in oz for 3 month and no 309/100 and then has to come back to scotland for god knows how long and I'm worried incase me working and kids dont work out and I dosnt all work out. I'm freaking out, worried, feel sick and peed off this visa is taking forever. Still no rig either.

Applied 17th june 2019

• Sad 1

@Pneill Maybe change your perspective a little to see the positive.

Your plans have changed slightly but This means your husband wont be separated from his family  in short run, and the transition for kids will be easier and for you. Yes he may need to return/go offshore but the turnaround for 651 evisitor is a lot shorter (and free) than 600 if the decision on 309/100 hasnt come through or he could  return and find short term work in uk to help ease any financial burden until decision made. 

You just have to be flexible as to plans given you are moving while process is ongoing (rather than moving after grant) so there will be moving parts out of your control. 

As for worrying about it not working out in oz, well it takes about 6-months to a year to fully settle into a new country so there will be bumps along the way but you need to just focus your energies on making it a positive move and making the best out of the situation.

I know I get all that just disappointed all kind of thoughts running through my head with different emotions. It's hard to hear that everyone else is getting 12 months on the 500 but he gets 3 months as well I dont understand why they do that. I'm just hoping that within the 3 month he gets his 309/100😥🤗

We got our visa grant today for both 309 & 100!

We’ve been together for four years and married for one year - no children. Timeline as follows:

Applied from London in May 17 2019.

RFI for applicant’s police certificates & medicals in May 21 2019.

Second RFI for sponsor’s police certificates in December 5 2019.

Visa grant emails for 309 & 100 in January 15 2020.  1st entry by 15 January 2021.

Thanks for all the information here, and good luck to everyone that is still waiting for their golden email!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 6