Legislative Instrument has been published so it will start from 27 February......

Meanwhile, for anyone interested - yesterday a Senate Inquiry was announced into family reunification visas ie partner visas: 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-s-broken-family-and-partner-visa-system-to-be-examined-in-a-senate-inquiry

Anyone annoyed and hacked off with the partner visa system over the last few years is invited to make a submission....

11 minutes ago, lepea said:

Visa grant - 309 and 100!! The email came through at 5.50pm Brisbane time. The processing office was the Australian Embassy Belgrade. 

omg, congratulations! That must be such a relief. Fingers crossed for everyone else (myself included ;-))

I got my 309! Applied in London but granted on shore due to the new covid thingy!! 
I applied in July 2019 and I think from what I’ve read they consider the 100 two years from the application date. 
so that will be July this year! 
Does anyone know if I should start uploading proof were ‘still together’ etc? 

thansk 

• Congratulations 1

Visa granted - 309 and 100!!! Processing office was Berlin. Elated after the long wait!

For background:

• Belgian national, Australian citizen de facto - together for just under 3 years at application (no children)
  • Applied 1 December 2019, frontloaded with everything but the medical
  • Medical completed mid december 2019
  • Arrived in Australia on visitor visa in March 2020
  • RFI November 2020 for updated police checks as they had expired (Aus only)
  • Wrote to the Berlin office to confirm I supplied all the information requested + restated the details of my case
  • Visa grant onshore 2 March 2021

• Congratulations 3

1 minute ago, Anais_V said:

Visa granted - 309 and 100!!! Processing office was Berlin. Elated after the long wait!

For background:

• Belgian national, Australian citizen de facto - together for just under 3 years at application (no children)
  • Applied 1 December 2019, frontloaded with everything but the medical
  • Medical completed mid december 2019
  • Arrived in Australia on visitor visa in March 2020
  • RFI November 2020 for updated police checks as they had expired (Aus only)
  • Wrote to the Berlin office to confirm I supplied all the information requested + restated the details of my case
  • Visa grant onshore 2 March 2021

Congratulations @Anais_V you must be so happy after the long wait! It's so good to see so many approvals coming through now 😀

Finally 309 granted onshore 1 March, Applied November 2018. 

Wouldn't wish on anyone in this process who has to wait with their lives on hold, for that long, for absolutely no reason from a processing office that was processing at an average of 10 months in 2018/19. 

Anyone else interested in making a submission for the Senate Inquiry into partner visas - here is the link:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Legal_and_Constitutional_Affairs/FamilyandPartnerVisas

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

This forum has been so helpful so just wanted to share I was granted my 309 and 100 yesterday morning via the Belgrade office. Time lines below; 

- Application submitted 27 April 2020 

- Health check done May 2020

- RFI 30th November for partners U.K. police check - uploaded 24th Dec 

- 2nd RFI on the 11th Jan 2021 for partner Aussi Police Check -uploaded 25th Jan

- Visa 309/100 granted 4th March 2021! ☺️

thanks to this forum I was made aware of the sneaky little button at the bottom of the “upload docs” page you need to click once uploaded your RFI.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

16 minutes ago, Bella88 said:

- Visa 309/100 granted 4th March 2021! ☺️

thanks to this forum I was made aware of the sneaky little button at the bottom of the “upload docs” page you need to click once uploaded your RFI.

Congrats @Bella88 you must be so pleased! don't feel bad we also missed the sneaky little button after we completed our medical 😂

Congrats also to @GRS that's really appalling how long you have had to wait... I hope there is no one else left on the forum now that has been waiting longer than this

• Haha 1

Hey guys, 

Did anyone got their just Stage 2 (100) grant recently?? We have applied for 100 in Sep 2020 after waiting for 2 years since 309 and it seems like nothing has happened to our application since then. Just wondering if they are still processing Stage2 (subclass 100) applications yet??!

Hey Guys,

Been meaning to write this for a little while but we've been so rushed of late. Just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH to all of the people on here who helped us, and that my 309/100 visa has now been fully approved. 😀 So exciting to be planning our move over - now booked for May 3rd!

Fingers crossed to all others still awaiting or putting together your applications. Will remain active on here in case I can be of use to others.

Cheers,

Robin

• Congratulations 1

I have a good news story to share for those applying from the UK (and maybe more generally?):

- 309/100 application submitted 28 February, attaching everything I could at the time, including UK police check 

- Medical carried out 4 March 

- 309/100 visas granted simultaneously on 23 March

Ours would have been a very straightforward case - together for 10 years, living together for almost 9, joint property owners for over 6, married for over 3 years and we have a child together born in 2019.  But I am still pleasantly surprised that it's all been granted so quickly... 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

On 03/03/2021 at 07:46, GRS said:

Finally 309 granted onshore 1 March, Applied November 2018. 

Wouldn't wish on anyone in this process who has to wait with their lives on hold, for that long, for absolutely no reason from a processing office that was processing at an average of 10 months in 2018/19. 

Anyone else interested in making a submission for the Senate Inquiry into partner visas - here is the link:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Legal_and_Constitutional_Affairs/FamilyandPartnerVisas

It's quite the adventure to experience, I've worked on fair share of VISA applications, and the wait is tough. Still worth it once it comes through.

On 23/03/2021 at 12:13, bowbow said:

I have a good news story to share for those applying from the UK (and maybe more generally?):

- 309/100 application submitted 28 February, attaching everything I could at the time, including UK police check 

- Medical carried out 4 March 

- 309/100 visas granted simultaneously on 23 March

Ours would have been a very straightforward case - together for 10 years, living together for almost 9, joint property owners for over 6, married for over 3 years and we have a child together born in 2019.  But I am still pleasantly surprised that it's all been granted so quickly... 

That's less than a month! Incredible.

41 minutes ago, psuwara said:

Given the massive drop in population within Australia, we'll be seeing a lot of the easy VISA applications, especially from EU and UK, being granted in no time. Melbourne saw it's biggest loss of population in over 80 years in the last year.

Interesting, I didn’t know that was the case. Any idea what’s driving that?

3 hours ago, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Interesting, I didn’t know that was the case. Any idea what’s driving that?

People leaving Victoria and no influx of immigrants, along with a drop in the birth rate. Did some research recently and there's a push to bring in more skilled work and possibly open up the border to skilled workers, I've read people commenting on how hotels and restaurants, especially in Queensland, have massive gaps in staffing, chefs, waiters/waitresses. Given the blockade on incoming students and workers into Australia, only other easy way to bring more people in is to get Australian citizens and their partners to Australia. 

So it's an interesting time, with the property market having very little supply (no one wants to sell their house) and tens of thousands of people about to have their job keeper payments end, I'd expect a little bit of a change in the population landscape in Australia. Given more jobs may be available in Queensland, it's likely we will see more people flow out of other states to where the work is.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, psuwara said:

Given the massive drop in population within Australia, we'll be seeing a lot of the easy VISA applications, especially from EU and UK, being granted in no time. Melbourne saw it's biggest loss of population in over 80 years in the last year.

Actually the drop was only a few percentage points  so I'd hardly call it massive, and it was only in the last quarter of 2020.  

They are predicting Australia could have about a million fewer people than they expected by 2031, but that's only a prediction.  

Melbourne has seen an exodus of people, but that's as much people moving out to the country as moving to other states.  It's driven by people discovering they can work from home, so they're heading to country towns where they can still commute into the city one or two days a week.It's still expected that Melbourne will overtake Sydney as the largest city in Australia.

Most of the shortage of workers in hospitality, tourism and farming just illustrates how dependent those industries have been on students, backpackers and temporary workers, most of whom worked for wages an Australian would find unacceptable (which is why I don't think you'll see many Australians relocating to take up those jobs, even after Jobkeeper ends).  

There is now a huge backlog of visa applications from late 2019/early 2020, so any new applicants will be up against even more competition than usual, I would think.  

Edited by Marisawright

16 hours ago, psuwara said:

Given the massive drop in population within Australia, we'll be seeing a lot of the easy VISA applications, especially from EU and UK, being granted in no time.

It wasn't a massive drop in population:  it was .02%    That figure would quickly be reversed if all the Australians on the waiting list to return could actually do so, plus the international students on student visas (800,000+ in the previous "normal" year)  were allowed to return.

Total population number is not the only factor in determining visa grant allocations  Other factors such as unemployment are also important.  It remains to be seen what impact the cessation of current wage subsidies will have on unemployment.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, psuwara said:

Australia was growing rapidly, and now it's down, and a change of .02% is a massive drop. 

To clarify, I updated the text to massive drop in population growth.

Even allowing for relativity, I don't see .02% as massive. It's .02, not .2.    And you're assuming the government is going to want to address that, which they may not.