1 minute ago, lastdrop said:

Thanks for the reply.

That's my concern as well. Since we are a total of 4 applicants, the cost for the health assessment is not cheap. If I wait for a case officer to be assigned, will they remind me about the health checks or a CO won't be assigned to our application until we undergo the health assessments?

In my opinion, you can safely wait for about five-six months, and then do your health assessment. I doubt any case officer will be assigned earlier than in six months period.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lastdrop said:

Thanks for the reply.

That's my concern as well. Since we are a total of 4 applicants, the cost for the health assessment is not cheap. If I wait for a case officer to be assigned, will they remind me about the health checks or a CO won't be assigned to our application until we undergo the health assessments?

Its my understanding from my MA that the CO will request them if you don't already have them in your application, once requested you can book in that week and mine took another week to come through. I hope that helps Xx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Latenite said:

Its my understanding from my MA that the CO will request them if you don't already have them in your application, once requested you can book in that week and mine took another week to come through. I hope that helps Xx

The problem with this approach is that you are then delaying the process even further...

i.e. once the CO requests the medicals, you'll have 28 days to complete and upload them, the CO can then take another month (after the 28 days), sometime more / less to get back to your case. 

I would say, you should be safe, doing the exams 5 months in. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Latenite said:

Some MA advise to lodge a complete application, including medicals (although, given the current timelines there is a risk that they need to be re-done) as immigration might consider full applications before incomplete ones (it used to be on the immi website, not sure if it is still there)

As far as I know, your medicals won't expire if you complete them specifically for 186 visa after you lodge your application. I remember someone in this forum called the immigration and they confirmed that...If they want us to do medicals by CO requests, we won't be able to see our HAP ID and medical examination details.

Form 26 (Medical examination):

Please be aware that if you do complete your health examinations before lodging your visa application you may need to undertake additional health examinations if: • you later lodge a visa application for a different visa subclass; • you decide to stay in Australia for a longer period; • you do not complete all the required health examinations; or • your health examinations expire prior to a decision being made on your visa application.

On 26/10/2018 at 14:51, SKG said:

Did they requested documents and when did you update?did you contact with immigration regarding your visa?

They asked for a new police check and we provided everything one week after. We contacted our MA but she said there is nothing we can do, just wait.

1 hour ago, PKH said:

As far as I know, your medicals won't expire if you complete them specifically for 186 visa after you lodge your application. I remember someone in this forum called the immigration and they confirmed that...If they want us to do medicals by CO requests, we won't be able to see our HAP ID and medical examination details.

Form 26 (Medical examination):

Please be aware that if you do complete your health examinations before lodging your visa application you may need to undertake additional health examinations if: • you later lodge a visa application for a different visa subclass; • you decide to stay in Australia for a longer period; • you do not complete all the required health examinations; or • your health examinations expire prior to a decision being made on your visa application.

I've heard that this is not the case (I had also assumed so).

I had confirmed with my MA out of interest and they said it's really up to the CO on the application. If the medicals were valid at date of lodgement, it would depend on them (and typically, how far expired it is) on if they request another. 

Unfair with the given timelines, but it is what it is. 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys!

186 ENS applied 16 june 2017 status still received

Hi actually spoke with my migration agent and I don't know for whatever reason she was very defensive and aggressive at the phone even if it was a really 2nd call in 17 month.First one was just to change residential address 9 months ago

So if anyone on here can help with my doubt would be awesome.

Straight to the point, in case my nominations is rejected for whatever reasons(actually MA doesn't want to tell me my business provided all the documents they need, so here is like play roulette) what is that I can do? I've read some of the guys re-applied but I really don't have idea about that. Hope a good soul can reply 

3 minutes ago, Gighen87 said:

Hi guys!

Hi actually spoke with my migration agent and I don't know for whatever reason she was very defensive and aggressive at the phone even if it was a really 2nd call in 17 month.First one was just to change residential address 9 months ago

Straight to the point, in case my nominations is rejected for whatever reasons(actually MA doesn't want to tell me my business provided all the documents they need, so here is like play roulette) what is that I can do? I've read some of the guys re-applied but I really don't have idea about that. Hope a good soul can reply 

Has your Visa application submitted with the Nomination?

Hey Guys,

I was wondering to know if CO assigned to your case the status has to be changed or it can be "received". My friend told me the status of his visa application (graduate visa) was changed on the same day that his visa granted. A question regarding assessment time: 15 - 19 months means you lodge your visa after the nomination approval? So if you lodge them together the processing time should be less than 15 months? When the processing time was 9 to 11 months (last year) all of my friends who lodged both nomination and visa applications together got their visa within 5-6 months. I checked the Excel timesheet and most of the applicant (Not all) received their visa sooner than the processing time. 

2 minutes ago, Gighen87 said:

Yes Olivia the application for nomination and visa should be on the same day

If the nomination is refused, they will send a letter to your agent's email address. You can also find a refusal statement in your Immi Message box. You will have few options below:

1. Withdraw your application so it will not be rejected together with the nomination

2. Appeal to AAT for nomination (this should be done by the company)

3. Wait for Visa application rejected and appeal for both Nomination and the Visa application

Or 

Withdraw your application so it will not be rejected together with the nomination ans re-submit Nomination but use another Agent to start all over again.

9 minutes ago, PKH said:

Hey Guys,

I was wondering to know if CO assigned to your case the status has to be changed or it can be "received". My friend told me the status of his visa application (graduate visa) was changed on the same day that his visa granted. A question regarding assessment time: 15 - 19 months means you lodge your visa after the nomination approval? So if you lodge them together the processing time should be less than 15 months? When the processing time was 9 to 11 months (last year) all of my friends who lodged both nomination and visa applications together got their visa within 5-6 months. I checked the Excel timesheet and most of the applicant (Not all) received their visa sooner than the processing time. 

To my observation, there is no rule for both.

If the visa granted, then the status is definitely changed to Finalised. But even if the Nomination is refused, the status can stay as Received. 

With regards to the processing time, this is just for reference. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. You might have to wait for much longer than the stated processing time, or if you are lucky, all sorted within the timelines

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gighen87 said:

Hi guys!

Sounds like you have an MA issue - why are you using them if they are not client focused? 

I understand some agents can get annoyed by multiple, repetitive phone calls - but they are charging a fee for their services and would need to be professional. 

48 minutes ago, PKH said:

Hey Guys,

It's really all just a roulette. No definite timelines i'm afraid. 

Also - you will know when you have a CO assigned, as they will either request documentation, or grant the nomination / visa. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

Sounds like you have an MA issue - why are you using them if they are not client focused? 

I understand some agents can get annoyed by multiple, repetitive phone calls - but they are charging a fee for their services and would need to be professional. 

Choose to apply with this agent because she have done many applications for the business and already has documents of the company. 

I never say anything about the waiting or the timeline just an advise and the answer was:

I don't know about your case, probably you'll need to live and apply for something else off-shore. How professional is it 😄

Hopefully for me and all of you guys the golden email will come and in my particular case I pray to god I will not ever anything to do with people like that

1 hour ago, Oliviaa said:

If the nomination is refused, they will send a letter to your agent's email address. You can also find a refusal statement in your Immi Message box. You will have few options below:

1. Withdraw your application so it will not be rejected together with the nomination

2. Appeal to AAT for nomination (this should be done by the company)

3. Wait for Visa application rejected and appeal for both Nomination and the Visa application

Or 

Withdraw your application so it will not be rejected together with the nomination ans re-submit Nomination but use another Agent to start all over again.

That's awesome Olivia! I appreciate your answer. God bless

1 hour ago, Oliviaa said:

Has your Visa application submitted with the Nomination?

59 minutes ago, Hex said:

It's really all just a roulette. No definite timelines i'm afraid. 

Also - you will know when you have a CO assigned, as they will either request documentation, or grant the nomination / visa. 

I am waiting from 24/04/2017 -  Further Assessment 

39 minutes ago, RP007 said:

I have been checking so many times a day . Further documents on my nomination was requested on 15/01/2018 ,my employer submitted it on 30/01/2018. Immigration officers did site visit on 29/06/2018 ...no response from then ...worried 😞

Ah OK - then unfortunately, it's a case of sit back and wait. Easier said than done, trust me - I know.

1 hour ago, RP007 said:

I have been checking so many times a day . Further documents on my nomination was requested on 15/01/2018 ,my employer submitted it on 30/01/2018. Immigration officers did site visit on 29/06/2018 ...no response from then ...worried 😞

Hopefully you will get a good news, 

if you do not mind which state you have applied and what is you occupation? 

Thank you

8 minutes ago, Sohan said:

I applied 186 de as cook form Italian cuisine in 15 March . Can anyone tell me how long this gonna take . I’m so stress 

Hi Sohan! Current processing times are 15-19 months but this might change in the future. When I applied it was 8-10 months.

• Thanks 1