2 hours ago, shashing2305 said:

Any good news today?

I come here to see if there are visa approvals because it means something is moving and my applications is moving in the queue(if there is)

Anyone waiting who got nomination but not visa? I got my nomination in may still waiting my visa.

10 minutes ago, Shilla Lucky said:

Hi ya'll.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone knows if there has been a case(s) where a visa had been refused  even after nomination was approved?? 

Yes, this does and can happen - they are treated separately. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shilla Lucky said:

Hi ya'll.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone knows if there has been a case(s) where a visa had been refused  even after nomination was approved?? 

I think, if all visa applicants passed the medicals and police clearance, this should not happen (in most of the times).

• Like 1

Latest update:

Annual Report - Home Affairs

The Department of Home Affairs has released its 2017-18 Annual Report. 
The report contains an extensive amount of material across the six departments and authorities that make up the Department of Home Affairs.  Interesting highlights include:
Visas
Permanent visa outcomes
 12% decrease overall in the number of permanent migration program numbers in the last financial year
 10.5.5% drop in skilled stream visas granted since July 2016
 17% drop in family stream visas granted  since July 2016 

Temporary visas granted
 An increase of 5.5% in visitor visas granted
 10% increase in student visa granted
 30.5% drop in temporary work skilled (SC 457) visas granted

Citizenship 
 A 52% drop in the number of Australian citizenship conferrals

Compliance
 99% of temporary entrants maintained their lawful immigration status
 Visa cancellation number relatively stable at 57,440
 Non-humanitarian visa refusals increased by 26%

Office of the MARA
 The number of RMAs increased by 6% to 7402
 2223 (30%) of RMAs also hold legal practising certificates
 75% of agents have never had a complaint made against them
 40% of RMAs operate as sole traders
The OMARA received 761 complaints during the year, of these they found 220 had merit and were within their jurisdiction, of these 146 (19%) complaints were eventually established as breaching the Code of Conduct. 
One RMA was cautioned, eight had their registration suspended, seven were cancelled and eight barred from practising. These represent 3% of the total number of registered agents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Latest update:

Annual Report - Home Affairs

These numbers do not look too bad. While in fact the waiting time for 186 has been almost tripled since last year; a number of highly educated people now prefer to immigrate to Canada instead of Australia. In Canada, as I remember the full PR process takes about three months at most (they do specify the upper limit), and it is several times cheaper as well. This I believe will affect the economics of this country and it is sad that it is happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loktar said:

These numbers do not look too bad. While in fact the waiting time for 186 has been almost tripled since last year; a number of highly educated people now prefer to immigrate to Canada instead of Australia. In Canada, as I remember the full PR process takes about three months at most (they do specify the upper limit), and it is several times cheaper as well. This I believe will affect the economics of this country and it is sad that it is happening.

The process in Canada is pretty straightforward. You don’t need to depend on the employer even when they sponsor you.

14 hours ago, Shilla Lucky said:

Hi ya'll.

Yes, it happens.  My company had one such instance where the applicant's child failed the medical.  The nomination is about the employer and the position, the visa is about the applicant.  So they're separate issues and either can fail.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Loktar said:

I agree with you.Canada is smarter in this case and doesn't consider immigration as a money making resource.The longer waiting time, the more money we have to spend!

Also, Canada is trying to attract more skilled people in an easier way.that's why Canada has such strong industry while Australia has nothing.

• Like 1

Complicated one but thought I would ask in case anyone has any idea. I will speak to my agent about it but hassled her too much this week 🙂
Recent outcomes have me worried, as I work for a small business not making profits currently and so me and my partner are trying to prepare a plan B. 

-I am currently waiting (june 17) for outcome of 186 DE 

-457 expires March 19

Q: If 186 is refused and 457 has expired, am I able to apply onshore for a partner visa or must I still hold a substantiative visa?

Im thinking if I have not heard by Jan/Feb, I should look at possibly withdrawing and applying for partner visa before 457 expires. 

Any light anyone can shed is appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

that's why Canada has such strong industry while Australia has nothing

@SAJ.N That's a bit of a stretch. Don't forget, this is the place you trying really hard to get into here in the first place. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

I agree with you.Canada is smarter in this case and doesn't consider immigration as a money making resource.The longer waiting time, the more money we have to spend!

Also, Canada is trying to attract more skilled people in an easier way.that's why Canada has such strong industry while Australia has nothing.

I'm Canadian, immigrated to Canada in the past, immigrated to Australia recently.

I don't think Canada is easier or more straightforward. It took me more time and effort to immigrate to Canada, than to Australia.

The situation at the moment in Canada is, that the last step in the process for PR in Canada usually takes less than six months if you are lucky and can apply through 'Express Entry'. But that is only the last step and before you can apply, you first come in a pool of applicants and you have to wait to be invited before you can apply. That may take months or years before you get an invitation. The number of people invited depends on the need of the country. Your employer also will probably have to get a Labor Market Impact Assessment, which is not cheap. While in the pool, you have to submit your resume to the Canada job bank. The process may be different, but you still have to satisfy the same requirements and you will need an employer to 'sponsor' you.   

In Australia, waiting times also depend on the need. If the government decreases immigration of skilled workers, the waiting time goes up. That's both for Canada and Australia the same.

If you want to immigrate, you have to realize that you depend on the country you want to enter, follow its rules and pay the fees. If you don't like it, don't apply. 

And do you really believe that Canada has a stronger economy? The facts speak differently: https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/australia/canada 

In my experience, Canada and Australia are very much alike. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys!

Any good news?

Submitted all NPC and medical checks a month ago, status still received, I don't think anybody has open my application yet since feb 2018 when I applied for both nom and visa..

Hoping to  get a golden call soooooooon!!

Don't give up, it's worth it.

If feeling down, go outside and have a look at what's there, soon it'll officially be our home too.

Have a great afternoon!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

One of cook from our restaurant got his 186 approval today.

He applied on 3rd April 2018 through TRT.

No documents requested, got nomination and visa on same day.

HR or LR country?

when did he submit the police clearances and medicals?

CONGRATS!!!!! must be the happiest day!

1 hour ago, as1166 said:

I'm Canadian, immigrated to Canada in the past, immigrated to Australia recently.

I don't think Canada is easier or more straightforward. It took me more time and effort to immigrate to Canada, than to Australia.

The situation at the moment in Canada is, that the last step in the process for PR in Canada usually takes less than six months if you are lucky and can apply through 'Express Entry'. But that is only the last step and before you can apply, you first come in a pool of applicants and you have to wait to be invited before you can apply. That may take months or years before you get an invitation. The number of people invited depends on the need of the country. Your employer also will probably have to get a Labor Market Impact Assessment, which is not cheap. While in the pool, you have to submit your resume to the Canada job bank. The process may be different, but you still have to satisfy the same requirements and you will need an employer to 'sponsor' you.   

In Australia, waiting times also depend on the need. If the government decreases immigration of skilled workers, the waiting time goes up. That's both for Canada and Australia the same.

If you want to immigrate, you have to realize that you depend on the country you want to enter, follow its rules and pay the fees. If you don't like it, don't apply. 

And do you really believe that Canada has a stronger economy? The facts speak differently: https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/australia/canada 

In my experience, Canada and Australia are very much alike. 

Guys I didn't say Canada has stronger economy I said has stronger industry and Canada invests more on skilled and educated people and this makes a better future for them.Universities here costs a fortune while Canada provides acceptable funds and scholarships for different majors in higher education.

Immigration and studying in Australia is one of the biggest resources of money for government and when universities or colleges are means of making money for government they cannot keep the quality as much. 

Anyway this is my opinion and I don't want to push it . Take it easy and good luck all of us 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

One of cook from our restaurant got his 186 approval today.

He applied on 3rd April 2018 through TRT.

No documents requested, got nomination and visa on same day.

Congratulations!

That`s a good news which means the 186 TRT is speeding up!

55 minutes ago, qfmouse said:

Congratulations!

That`s a good news which means the 186 TRT is speeding up!

I would not say it is speeding up. If everyone who applied 186 TRT before April got their PR then I would say it is. As of now, it is quite random and there are still 186 TRT applicants from 2017 waiting for their PR. This s great news but it also means the approval process is still as random as ever

Edited by Eddy101
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddy101 said:

I would not say it is speeding up. If everyone who applied 186 TRT before April got their PR then I would say it is. As of now, it is quite random and there are still 186 TRT applicants from 2017 waiting for their PR. This s great news but it also means the approval process is still as random as ever

I just need some good news to cheer up.😁

The 186TRT processing time is nearly doubled since last year, really don`t know what to do.

My first nomination was refused in 3 months, unbelievable fast...

And I applied again in May 2018, that`s why I`m so happy to see there is an April approval, it`s random of course, but at least we can get some hope.🙂