17 hours ago, RMF said:

Hi chilli888 and Eddy101 - I am also a lecturer at a Queensland University who has been sponsored for 186 and is caught in the delay mostly because my university said to not submit my application until their nomination was approved. - Their nomination was approved last Dec and my application is still received after 8 months

Can I ask you both if you are in permanent positions at your universities?

Hi RMF, 

I was suggested by HR to apply for visa as earliest after nomination was made. I agree with Eddy101 that most university jobs are not permanent except for teaching focused only. It looks like you are a way before us. I hope you get visa soon. Cheers!

21 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Deep1991 I'm not so sure there is an actual policy or guidelines that mean this for sure - I was chatting with my MA yesterday and they said they have seen cases go from Initial Assessment to Granted and cases from Further assessment to granted - it seems like it purely depends on the CO and who views /deals with the case. I would be ideal if there was some sort of guidelines / policy that they followed. That way we would know what to expect. 

I think that's the biggest thing, with all the inconsistencies, we just don't know what to expect, when. 

I agree with you diff people diff experience. Very hard to understand how they wrks. There are nominations who were granted straight away after 2 yrs without further document request and there were nominations frm who co requested documents which were recently lodged. Look like it's all in the hands of co. If co is lenient he dnt ask much but if co is strict he asks everything which he can 

23 hours ago, MP007 said:

@Bips22  Did you or your MA contacted Department? Theoretically you have all right to call them as you are already out of timeline. 

@Hex MA

@MP007 MA refuses to contact Department. I have sent emails to department, Every time I get following auto response :

Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (PESE) - ENS 186 and RSMS 187 Visa

This automated response was updated on 3 October 2018

No response will be provided to enquiries in relation to an application status update, processing timeframes, pre-lodgement information, ImmiAccount technical issues or non-PESE related matters

Does anyone have any suggestions, how to approach them ?

22 hours ago, Toryalis said:

I am from June 17 too! 

De 186 restaurant Manager nsw 

I tried to call them and let them know that technically people who ve applied waaaaaaay later are being processed and they told me that yes, that is true, but technically I am still within the time frame so I have to suck it up. I could tell Dutton was listering and giggling like Mr Burns at his desk!!! 

image.png.75ab27cfcd0c5475efb9ab8da14f9175.png

Hey - what number did you contacted ? When I emailed them, My auto generated email says :

Enquiry Line

The phone enquiry line for PESE Centralised Administration Team was disabled from 23 March 2018. Any enquiries not answered by this automated response should be directed to nsw.pse@homeaffairs.gov.au

but the emails don't work as well.

2 minutes ago, Loktar said:

Have you tried calling them by phone?

Apparently the numbers have been disconnected. Do you know the number ?

Enquiry Line

The phone enquiry line for PESE Centralised Administration Team was disabled from 23 March 2018. Any enquiries not answered by this automated response should be directed to nsw.pse@homeaffairs.gov.au

1 minute ago, Bips22 said:

Apparently the numbers have been disconnected. Do you know the number ?

Enquiry Line

Have you tried 13 18 81 ? As I understood some ppl from this forum called to the department after March 2018, and were able to speak with someone on the line.

1 minute ago, Loktar said:

Have you tried 13 18 81 ? As I understood some ppl from this forum called to the department after March 2018, and were able to speak with someone on the line.

Yes, I have tried this number. No luck. They say we are still within the time frame. And this number is for general enquiry, not for specific Visas. So standard replies.

6 hours ago, parveen said:

457 already expired

That’s the point,I’m on the same boat with you. 457 is going to expire very soon,but no any news. If I got refused,I can’t even re-apply 186 with expired 457 visa. And renew a 457 visa is like applying a new 457visa,which takes 13-15months..what can we do?

1 minute ago, Frankiemark said:

That’s the point,I’m on the same boat with you. 457 is going to expire very soon,but no any news. If I got refused,I can’t even re-apply 186 with expired 457 visa. And renew a 457 visa is like applying a new 457visa,which takes 13-15months..what can we do?

457 visa has been abolished. A replacement TSS (482) visa can be issued within two months, it is a much quicker than its predecessor.

8 minutes ago, Frankiemark said:

@Frankiemark

Weren't you issued a bridging visa once you submitted your application?

I submitted my application on 7-Feb-2018 and once IMMI acknowledged my applicaiton, I received my bridging visa. However, the bridging visa does not kick in until 29-Aug-2019, when my visa 457 expires.

You should find you bridging visa information in your Immiaccount online.

1 hour ago, rontho said:

@Frankiemark

Weren't you issued a bridging visa once you submitted your application?

I submitted my application on 7-Feb-2018 and once IMMI acknowledged my applicaiton, I received my bridging visa. However, the bridging visa does not kick in until 29-Aug-2019, when my visa 457 expires.

You should find you bridging visa information in your Immiaccount online.

Thanks for your reply! I lodged my 186 TRT on April 2017, it has been more than 18 months now. However,my 457 visa is going to expire in 3 months. So I only have my bridging visa after my457 is expired. It means i can do only appeal to extend staying in Australia if I get refused,doesn’t?