Just now, Benoit said:

Hi there,

Do you guys think that this new processing time applies to the current applications? Or just for the new ones? 

As I said above, I applied in March this year (186 - TRT) and it was 9 months at that time, should I expect 9 or 15 months now?

@Benoit I've been told from my agents that it applies to all applications. 
Expect the worst and hope for the best is the feeling I got from it all. (my initial waiting period was 8-9months), i'm going onto 10 (although I do have a CO assigned).

Okay, so you know that the given processing times are just an estimation right??  like someone said earlier you could get results within the timeline if you are lucky or it could exceed the time by a lot of months and i meat A LOT of 'em. And just my thoughts are the new processing timeline (which is absolutely ridiculous) applies to anyone waiting for approval, from the time you lodged your application obviously.

6 minutes ago, Benoit said:

Hi there,

Do you guys think that this new processing time applies to the current applications? Or just for the new ones? 

As I said above, I applied in March this year (186 - TRT) and it was 9 months at that time, should I expect 9 or 15 months now?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hex said:

@rem279 This sounds very risky, if I were you, I'd get advice from a MARA registered agent. 
As far as i'm aware, you cannot do this (you need to be permanently employed), however, i'm not an agent. 

Hi @Hex

I am permanently employed though, only thing is my employer wants me to relocate to my base country until they find a suitable contract and the pay would be in accordance to local country's pay standards.

Edited by rem279

8 minutes ago, rem279 said:

Hi @Hex

I am permanently employed though, only thing is my employer wants me to relocate me to my base country until they find a suitable contract and the pay would be in accordance to local country's pay standards.

@rem279 That's all fair and well, my only suggestion is to still get an agent's opinion. I'm still of the opinion that this would not be allowed (if the CO found out). 

The one condition of the visa application is to inform immigration on any address changes - is this something you plan on doing? 

The other condition for the visa application description notification of any change in cicumstances;
I took this directly from my application page: "notification of changes in circumstances"

You'd rather want to be safe than sorry, especially having already waiting 8 months. Hence why i suggested making contact with an agent.

Edited by Hex

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

@rem279 That's all fair and well, my only suggestion is to still get an agent's opinion. I'm still of the opinion that this would not be allowed (if the CO found out). 

The one condition of the visa application is to inform immigration on any address changes - is this something you plan on doing? 

Yeah even I thought so, it would be better to get some opinion from an agent but just wanted to check if anyone has faced similar situation or has any additional information. People do travel on BVB, but I am unsure if they are permitted to work in another country while on bridging.

Also, with the significant increase in the visa processing time, it's becoming more complicated and this wait is just killing. But there's not much choice but to wait patiently and I'm sure lot of people are in a stressful situation due to this change. Any idea why there is huge increase in processing time?

Appreciate your feedback, thanks. 

Edited by rem279

49 minutes ago, future said:

Hi,

I've applied for ENS 186 TRT in June 2017

My 457 got expired in Aug 2017, Bridging Visa A was in effect.

Applied for Bridging Visa B later in Aug 2017 since I had to travel overseas.

Nomination got refused in May 2018, was a mistake from MA.

Since I had no 457 Visa or another work permit, had to apply for TSS 482 (4 years visa) and applied for ENS 186 TRT again in June 2018.

So, my questions are: 

1. Is it OK to apply for ENS 186 TRT when I had no active 457 Visa?

2. Can we apply for ENS 186 TRT while being on Bridging Visa B?

Bumping this up, any suggestions please?

Hi All,

Appreciate if you can share your timeline around “Further Assessment”. 

- My nomination application was approved 18th Sep 2018  (visa/nomination lodged 15 Jan)

-  Same day CO requested few documents including consent for New Zealand MoJ

- Documents submitted in hours and visa application status now further assessment

- Waiting for 2nd payment invoice to cover my partner’s English skills as mentioned by CO

I am hoping that I will hear from CO again in next 2-4 weeks. Currently we are on bridging visa so avoiding any travel plans.

Also anyone else submitted consent for New Zealand MoJ if so how long it takes?

LI

Hi all, today is the day i finally received my grant

after working for 3 years and 11 months  

position:restaurant manager

loded 186 application on 30/05/2017

nom approved on 30/08/2018 ask for police check and partners english result

visa grant 18/10/2018

i hope you guys get what you have been waiting for

good luck fellas

so long

• Like 4

5 hours ago, future said:

Bumping this up, any suggestions please?

Hi,as per my knowledge you can not apply again trt 186 without holding  base 457 visa as u said it’s already expired and also we need some kind of substantial visa to lodge file not being on bridging visa . But for best you need an professional advice 

Hi 

I have applied for 186 (TRT) in March 2018 for accountant general.

Is anyone in give me a suggestion regarding my query. 

My employer paid training benchmark b and he brought DVD to give training to an Australian employee who is working in my organisation. He expended more than 1% of the wages on training benchmark. 

I want to confirm that is DVD counted towards elearning platform. 

Thanks

May I please ask the admin, who is updating excel sheet, that can you please delete the rows from the sheets who ever is not updating, as there are some people I guess got the decision on their applications and never bothered to update the sheet. Off course ask before deleting, at least up to Dec 2017.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Bikramjit Singh Gill said:

May I please ask the admin, who is updating excel sheet, that can you please delete the rows from the sheets who ever is not updating, as there are some people I guess got the decision on their applications and never bothered to update the sheet. Off course ask before deleting, at least up to Dec 2017.

Thanks

How would you expect the admin to ask all these people? That might be a tall ask. 

1 minute ago, Brightlife said:

Hello everyone happy to see this thread and planning to tag along and contribute as much as I could.

186 TRT applied in March 2018

Occ: University lecturer

State: Vic

No. applicants: 3

Current status: Further assessment with CO assigned

Welcome @Brightlife

Always glad to have another contributing member.
-- A suggestion is to add your status to your signature (see mine below); as it helps other identify your situation without having to ask.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Welcome @Brightlife

Always glad to have another contributing member.
-- A suggestion is to add your status to your signature (see mine below); as it helps other identify your situation without having to ask.

Thanks Hex. I wanted to do that but with my limited computer skills I was not sure how to do it. Now that mentioned signature, I will look for it and make amends. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Brightlife said:

Thanks Hex. I wanted to do that but with my limited computer skills I was not sure how to do it. Now that mentioned signature, I will look for it and make amends. Thanks

@Brightlife If you scroll to the top of the page, look for your account name --> click it --> click on "Account Settings" --> look on the left hand side menu and click on "Signature". Edit to how you feel best --> save and come back to the thread 🙂 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@Brightlife If you scroll to the top of the page, look for your account name --> click it --> click on "Account Settings" --> look on the left hand side menu and click on "Signature". Edit to how you feel best --> save and come back to the thread 🙂 

Hope that helps.

Thanks a Lot. I just did that and it worked. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

Just now, Brightlife said:

CO requested for our infant (6months) to take medicals last week (14Oct2018) and we did medicals on 15Oct and the status has changed to further assessment on 16Oct. 

Ah ok fair enough - we were in a similar situation as they wanted our new born (in Australia) to go for a medical. 

Your case is automatically updated by the medical taken place;
-- If you login and view the medicals attached to the application, you'll notice your child's name there and likely that the results have already been uploaded.