Hi all,

Silent reader here so far. I applied for my 186 Nomination only by myself in July 2017.

This got refused in January 2018. The CO cited lack of evidence/statement to suggest my role was going to available for me for 2 years and also lack of evidence to meet Training Benchmarks. The CO had also referred to a completely different company in his final statement at the end of the Decision Explanation.. Given the obvious lack of proofreading and not given the chance to resubmit any documents, I considered appealing but was advised by Work to work with out MA to resubmit a new Nomination and Application as they believed this had a better chance of success. 

I then used our work MA to resubmit both the Nomination and Application on 12th Feb 2018 with the issues raised in the refusal notice rectified. All Medicals, Police Certificates, and Compulsory Docs were uploaded on the day. 

I have been here for nearly 5 years and I'm hoping we/I can be released from our compulsory work Obligation and be free to do anything in this great country given everything we have given to be part of it. Fingers crossed everyone has a good result!

Temporary Transition - 1 Applicant 

LR (UK)

ICT Sales Representative.

Nomination and Application sent on 12/02/18 

as of 14/09/18 - Still in Received Status

17 hours ago, Andreia said:

Thanks, but not bro ?

In my case the change in the abn happened before the 186 has been lodged... I don't know what happens if the abn changes once your 186 is already submitted! You will need to ask you MA.

bro i have applied 186 afer 457 nomination approved before i have applied both 457 and 186 visa my 457 visa approved in march this year with new abn just waiting for186

1 hour ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

Hi all,

Silent reader here so far. I applied for my 186 Nomination only by myself in July 2017.

This got refused in January 2018. The CO cited lack of evidence/statement to suggest my role was going to available for me for 2 years and also lack of evidence to meet Training Benchmarks. The CO had also referred to a completely different company in his final statement at the end of the Decision Explanation.. Given the obvious lack of proofreading and not given the chance to resubmit any documents, I considered appealing but was advised by Work to work with out MA to resubmit a new Nomination and Application as they believed this had a better chance of success. 

I then used our work MA to resubmit both the Nomination and Application on 12th Feb 2018 with the issues raised in the refusal notice rectified. All Medicals, Police Certificates, and Compulsory Docs were uploaded on the day. 

I have been here for nearly 5 years and I'm hoping we/I can be released from our compulsory work Obligation and be free to do anything in this great country given everything we have given to be part of it. Fingers crossed everyone has a good result!

Temporary Transition - 1 Applicant 

LR (UK)

ICT Sales Representative.

Nomination and Application sent on 12/02/18 

as of 14/09/18 - Still in Received Status

Hi, 

I hope this time your visa will be approved.

What do you mean by being released from work obligations.

As far as I know there is an expectation from immigration to stay with your sponsoring employer for at least 1 year to comply with genuine effort condition under 186 visa. Whereas under subclass 187 this time amounts to 2 years.

Getting PR does not mean you are released from your employer.

Does anybody have experience about this under 186 visa?

41 minutes ago, tocsa said:

Hi, 

I hope this time your visa will be approved.

What do you mean by being released from work obligations.

As far as I know there is an expectation from immigration to stay with your sponsoring employer for at least 1 year to comply with genuine effort condition under 186 visa. Whereas under subclass 187 this time amounts to 2 years.

Getting PR does not mean you are released from your employer.

Does anybody have experience about this under 186 visa?

For 186, after the grant visa you are allowed to leave the workplace if your employer’s curcumstances changed such as shut down. And you proved that you had intension to continue even after visa grant. These are all intension though not legal requirements for 186. 

For 187 is literally different. Here after your visa grant you have to continue next 2 years for the same employer.

Do not mix with 186 with 187 visa condition please.

Edited by KazBaker
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

For 186, after the grant visa you are allowed to leave the workplace if your employer’s curcumstances changed such as shut down. And you proved that you had intension to continue even after visa grant. These are all intension though not legal requirements for 186. 

For 187 is literally different. Here after your visa grant you have to continue next 2 years for the same employer.

Do not mix with 186 with 187 visa condition please.

This sounds correct, MA said to me it's only a moral condition to stay with the employer for two years on a 186, work also asked me to sign a contact that I would replay if I left within a year for the MA fees (think they've been bitten in the past), seemed fair.

Happy to stay with them though so signed it the second they presented it.

Hello guys, can somebody help me with my query please.

Do we have to bound with our employer for 2 years after getting 186 visa? Because i think its a PR visa, so is there any condition to this?

And another question is, that is there requirement of 3 years experience in the same field, before applying for 186 Direct Entry Nomination/ Visa?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Hisham Khan said:

Hello guys, can somebody help me with my query please.

Do we have to bound with our employer for 2 years after getting 186 visa? Because i think its a PR visa, so is there any condition to this?

And another question is, that is there requirement of 3 years experience in the same field, before applying for 186 Direct Entry Nomination/ Visa?

Thanks

Hi Hisham,

You are not legally bound, however as mentioned in KazBaker’s post previously, you must make an attempt to try and stay with your employer, but if it is irreconcilable ie the Emoyer Business has shutdown, or a disagreement that leads to cessation of your work contract, then you are not in breach of your PR Visa.

And the 3 year Experience, I will presume is under a transitional 457 Visa? If so, this is actually 2 years if you were on the 457 Visa previous to 17th June I think, when the Department of Home Affairs created Grandfathering arrangements for those on a 457 before this Visa had been archived.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Hi,

My employer advised me that the nomination for PR has been submitted and gave me a reference number to apply for the 186 under TRT pathway (Jan 18)Does this mean the nomination has been approved and that is why I got the visa nomination number? I have applied under this number in August 18 status received.

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, R u g said:

Hi,

My employer advised me that the nomination for PR has been submitted and gave me a reference number to apply for the 186 under TRT pathway (Jan 18)Does this mean the nomination has been approved and that is why I got the visa nomination number? I have applied under this number in August 18 status received.

Thanks 

No, it does not mean that. Once the nomination is lodged it gets its reference number.

6 hours ago, Mesh said:

Hi I have applied for 186 Direct entry on Apr 5 2018, I am new here...Can anyone throw me somelight regarding where are they at processings at the moment.Is there any spreadsheet which i can follow.

thanks again

Hi they have started processing feb 2018 applicants. However the processing is not cronological order and therefore, it can be soon or it can be in a very long time. Just have to keep your fingers crossed! 

Hey all, new week, and hopefully good news starts flowing!!! 

Not 100% relevant to the forum, but more a convo starter; if anyone is a podcast listener, then the new This American life podcast gives an interesting point of view of the current state of immigration in the US in some parts. Have a listen below.

This American Life - Let me count the ways

Good luck all! 

On 14/09/2018 at 11:33, boo-yaa said:

Question for you mate. Once your PR is granted do you not need to stay with existing employer for 2 years? I've heard that this is not normally enforced but its something I've always worried about.

The criteria is that you need to have shown a genuine effort to stay with your employer. Basically it needs to be a genuine position in the first place and then you can't just skip as soon as you get your PR.

Ive been in the role for 4 years and have done well. I just got headhunted and couldn't turn it down. I would have stayed and never intended to leave just yet! I think that I can demonstrate that fairly easily if asked.

• Like 1