1 hour ago, Ultimatemenace said:

Hopefully I bring some positive news for those in the queue!

Name: Dennis

Persons: 3

Stream : Direct Stream 

Nom app date : 20/01/18

visa app date : 12/02/18

Nom grant : 20/08/18

Visa grant: 20/08/18

App status: Finalized

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SENJ said:

Hi All, 

Is it ok to import application in our IMMI account? I asked my MA but he said NO. He never provide any update, no reply for emails. I understand he will update if application status will change. If we import application in our account, we both can see the progress. Please advise.

Just leave it to the agent. Nothing stopping you from asking which month they have seen applications granted for to assess how long to wait. The delay comes in when they request more information.  

Hey guys,

I’ve applied for 187 NSW on February 28th 2018. Currently I’m offshore. My RCB was approved about 3 months ago and since then no progress. Just wondering how long usually it takes to be done with rest of the process if everything goes well.

your experience and input is much appreciated.

regards 

18 minutes ago, PureTrance said:

Hey guys,

I’ve applied for 187 NSW on February 28th 2018. Currently I’m offshore. My RCB was approved about 3 months ago and since then no progress. Just wondering how long usually it takes to be done with rest of the process if everything goes well.

your experience and input is much appreciated.

regards 

You landed in wrong group mate. Guess no info are to be provided as we are Team 186

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pzuk said:

Hi all

i have a question

does anyone know what the deal is if you live and work in Aus but had a student loan in the UK?

must you pay it or what’s the deal with that?

Yes you still have to make repayments calculated on your Australian income. Each year you will have to submit pay slips and the student loan company will send you a schedule of what you need to pay. All the information is on the student loans website. 

On 19/09/2018 at 11:53, SAJ.N said:

Hi Guys,

We applied in 2017 for PR in June (before changing rules and removing 457), 3 days before Christmas, they rejected our nomination because agent made a mistake with training documents.

We had 457 visa till June 2018, and we applied again end of May 2018 for 186.

Now we are on bridging visa and it's so stressful.

Does anybody have similar situation?

I m same boat I applied again nomi. But I  will app. Visa in Oct. I m so stress too. Time killing me. 

Dear Ladies and gentleman finally here is the good news.

My Visa has been granted this morning after 9 and half years struggling in Australia. Never thought i will be able to touch the my ground. It wasn’t a easy journey for me and my family. Been through those ups and downs, angiety, stress and worries situation. Never loose your hope. Believe in yourself, your days will come to your knees for sure. Keep patience.. only key to be succeed.

Good luck to everyone !

(This group is amazing, love this place. Will be around. my timeline available in signature)

• Like 19

Good Morning All,

I have a good news to share with you all ?

PR Granted.. My timelines are as below and can someone please update the google spreadsheet as well with name as NM

Visa & Nomination applied : 18 Jan 2018

No of applicants : 2

High Risk Country : India

Visa & Nomiation Grant on : 20 Sept 2018

PCC, Medical, ACS submitted on : 18 Jan 2018

Visa : 186 DE - Software Engineer

Applied through MA - E&Y

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Ricx said:

Good Morning All,

PR Granted.. My timelines are as below and can someone please update the google spreadsheet as well with name as NM

Applied through MA - E&Y

Congrats mate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KazBaker said:

My Visa has been granted this morning after 9 and half years struggling in Australia. Never thought i will be able to touch the my ground. It wasn’t a easy journey for me and my family. Been through those ups and downs, angiety, stress and worries situation. Never loose your hope. Believe in yourself, your days will come to your knees for sure. Keep patience.. only key to be succeed.

Good luck to everyone !

(This group is amazing, love this place. Will be around. my timeline available in signature)

Congrats KAZ

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Here's my situation:

Applied for a 186 Direct Entry visa as a Management Consultant in November 2017, my nomination got rejected apparently due to a couple of missing documents end of February 2018...

I reapplied for a brand new 186 Direct Entry visa (after my employer added the missing documents) end of March 2018, it's been 6 months now, I'm still waiting for a reply. A couple of my colleagues just received their PRs having applied in early January 2018 with the same nomination application as me (these included the missing documents which were added to my new application).

I'm both very confident/hopeful that I'll get my PR within the next few months and terrified that it'll either get rejected again (the first rejection was a major shock, completely unexpected) or that I won't hear anything back for a very long time... I'm applying as a United States citizen.

Any insights you can share on the process for Management Consultants, American citizens specifically or applications submitted in March 2018 would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much and congrats to those of you who've received positive responses recently!

Charlotte

Hey guys,

I have a question.My Overseas Police clearance was issued August 2017,but the certificate was in English originally.MA said because it is originally in English and it's not a translation it is valid forever.But I'm not sure.

We also got a new AFP when we lodged application in JUNE 2018.

Is it needed to get a new international clearance again? It takes 4 months to get it from my country ?

20 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

Hey guys,

I have a question.My Overseas Police clearance was issued August 2017,but the certificate was in English originally.MA said because it is originally in English and it's not a translation it is valid forever.But I'm not sure.

Is it needed to get a new international clearance again? It takes 4 months to get it from my country ?

I very much doubt any police clearance would be valid "forever". It just doesn't make logical sense. 

I was under the impression that all Police clearances were only valid for 12 months (I know that's the case for Australian and South African PCC's). 

17 hours ago, SAJ.N said:

Hey guys,

My Overseas Police Certificate is also expired. I received an email two weeks ago from my MA with the following info:

"Overseas Police Certificates – Clarification on validity periods
As part of your visa 
application you may be asked to provide overseas police certificates.

All overseas police certificates are considered valid for 12 months from the date of issue, irrespective of the period specified by the issuing country.

If you return to the country that issued the police certificate during the certificate’s validity, it will not affect the validity. The duration of overseas travel is reviewed after expiry of the certificate and a new certificate may be requested if a case officer has concerns about your character.

The Department has recently advised that where a certificate has expired, and you have not returned to the country that issued the certificate, a new certificate will not be required

Where a certificate has expired, and you have returned to the country that issued the certificate, a new police certificate is required if you have returned to the country that issued the certificate for more than two months in total (as a cumulative period) since the certificate expired.

Further, if the case officer has concerns about your character and you have travelled less than two months in total, a new certificate may be requested."

So, sorry, but the statement "FOREVER" makes me laugh ? Feel free to send the above information to your MA. This info should be well known to all the Registered Agents!

Here you can check if the person is taking care of your case is a real MA:

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

And here some general information about what they can really do for you:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/how-do-i-know-that-i-am-talking-to-someone-i-can-trust

Finally, the AFP is only valid for 12 months:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/Police-certificates.aspx

• Thanks 1

On 20/09/2018 at 16:10, SENJ said:

Hi All, 

Is it ok to import application in our IMMI account? I asked my MA but he said NO. He never provide any update, no reply for emails. I understand he will update if application status will change. If we import application in our account, we both can see the progress. Please advise.

Just out of curiosity, did he say why you DON'T have to do it? 

As far as I know, a lot of people in this Forum (and others), including myself, have imported their application in their Immi Account. This will allow you to follow the progress of your Application. However, you will not be able to see your Nomination because it contains sensitive information about your employer. 

Also, since he lodged the application, he will be contacted by the Immigration. Therefore, importing the application does not change anything. 

Maybe your MA is worried that you may make some changes to the documents he uploaded. I think this might the main concern for an MA.

P.S.: Checking the process regularly won't make it faster, but it might help to reduce the stress of waiting for the Visa ? 

• Like 4

On 21/09/2018 at 02:28, Ricx said:

Good Morning All,

Applied through MA - E&Y

Interested to know if you are on/off shore. If you are on on-shore how long have you been with the nominated employer before you started the process?

On 21/09/2018 at 06:56, KazBaker said:

Good luck to everyone !

Dear kazbaker can u please share your details nomination and visa and your case officer details 

• Like 1