18 minutes ago, Ozdream1 said:

I think those who have been waiting for more than a year (or less..) should not visit this forum every day like I do... :) It makes this waiting period even more difficult...Now it only gives me a feeling of injustice :):):) 

I have tried.. not visiting any forums/ talking/ whining about it with friends/ watching news about immigration. I tried not to think about it at all, shut down from it all and pretended this long wait is not bothering me. but the reality is you still feel worried, angry and injustice every now and then, you just can't help thinking of it... I guess alcohol could be a "solution" B| 

what worked for me though is trying to think extremely positive about everything, I mean everything like appreciating the fact that i am still breathing, able to sleep and wake up every morning, am physically well and I have a job, food, and shelter   

it may sound very spiritual but it works like magic

• Like 5

Dear colleagues of this wiaiting game,

I just discovered that whenever they ask you for a document, they dont open your file again unless 28 days finish.

Am I right?

They requested documents from us and we submitted on February 5th, 2018. Does this means we have to wait till March 5th,2018?

36 minutes ago, MGB said:

I just discovered that whenever they ask you for a document, they dont open your file again unless 28 days finish.

Am I right?

They requested documents from us and we submitted on February 5th, 2018. Does this means we have to wait till March 5th,2018?

May I ask, where did you discover that?

Edited by JonnyP

I discovered it from the timeline of 2 applicants and I am the 3rd one.
Ofcourse some people get it before 28 days, but what I discovered is that this happened recently. Begining of 2018, and happened with 3 applicants.

My MA told me this a while ago. Of course with Immi everything is unpredictable however apparently they do wait 28 days to reopen your file, even if you deliver the documents 2 split seconds after the request.

1 hour ago, MGB said:

Am I right?

That is true. Every time a document is requested regardless of how soon you submit what they have asked they will not re open your file until the 28 day mark. Even then they are usually behind so it can be a week or so after that. 

Hi there,

I have been a silent reader of this forum, but quite active on the spreadsheet.

My nomination was approved on the 5th of January, and my application today (Yay!!!!)

My MA lodged the nomination on the 1st of September 2017 but I did the application by myself (lodged on 11 September) because it was too expensive to go with the MA for this as well. The consequence is they requested more information (police check translation, more evidence on relationship...) on 11th January. I called them when all docs were uploaded and they said they would not re open my application until the end of the 28 day period (9/02).

I was very impatient this afternoon and I called them again. They said the only thing they could say is that my file was being assessed, but no indication whatsoever about when I can get a decision. And 5 minutes later, I received the golden email! I couldn't believe my phone call was so helpful! It took them 5 minutes to have a look at my documents. I wonder how long I would have waited if I didn't call them.

I understand I would have probably got my visa more than a month earlier if I went with a MA, but now that it is done, I'm happy I saved the money. But my MA did a great job on the nomination!!!

I wish good luck to everyone waiting for a long time...

Environmental consultant, Direct Entry, LR, 2 people on the application.

Cheers!

Hello

our story is really weird. Earlier I was waiting for PR.Now situation is change. Our nomination was approved in December 2016 . After that our file was in processing. Later on our owner sold out business. Now immigration sent email in January to comment on our situation. Our MA sent email with the help of our owner . Now mid of February we are still waiting for Response.We don’t know what will happen. Either we get or not. Nd otherside immigration not responding as soon as possible. Dept taking so much time.??????????

9 hours ago, cachinnation23 said:

Hi Jonny, I was under the impression that to legally run as a business you have to be registered. ABN certificate and business registration certificate?

Its not about running a business, its about needing registration in a specific occupation - such as being AHPRA registered to nurse..

1 hour ago, MrGrieves said:

Hi there,

My nomination was approved on the 5th of January, and my application today (Yay!!!!)

My MA lodged the nomination on the 1st of September 2017 but I did the application by myself (lodged on 11 September) because it was too expensive to go with the MA for this as well. The consequence is they requested more information (police check translation, more evidence on relationship...) on 11th January. I called them when all docs were uploaded and they said they would not re open my application until the end of the 28 day period (9/02).

I was very impatient this afternoon and I called them again. They said the only thing they could say is that my file was being assessed, but no indication whatsoever about when I can get a decision. And 5 minutes later, I received the golden email! I couldn't believe my phone call was so helpful! It took them 5 minutes to have a look at my documents. I wonder how long I would have waited if I didn't call them.

I understand I would have probably got my visa more than a month earlier if I went with a MA, but now that it is done, I'm happy I saved the money. But my MA did a great job on the nomination!!!

Cheers!

Congratulation MrGrieves (CB).

May I know which phone number did you use?

Thanks

Am I right?

Actually none of us can say anything exactly...i think it depends case to case...we can just guess what they do or don’t by each others stories
For me they asked docs
Docs requested- 19/10/17
Submitted - 19/10/17
Opened on 23/11/17
Days in b/w - 34 days
Asked more docs
Submitted 6/12/17
Not opened till today -
Days in b/w - 2 months 9 days
Hope they open the files soon for all of us ??

53 minutes ago, KD31 said:

Actually none of us can say anything exactly...i think it depends case to case...we can just guess what they do or don’t by each others stories
For me they asked docs
Docs requested- 19/10/17
Submitted - 19/10/17
Opened on 23/11/17
Days in b/w - 34 days
Asked more docs
Submitted 6/12/17
Not opened till today -
Days in b/w - 2 months 9 days
Hope they open the files soon for all of us ??

try to call them, it might help

10 hours ago, MrGrieves said:

Hi there,

Cheers!

Hi Congrats on your victory...

What exactly do you mean by MORE EVIDENCE ON RELATIONSHIP>?

1 hour ago, Fida said:

Hi Congrats on your victory...

What exactly do you mean by MORE EVIDENCE ON RELATIONSHIP>?

Thanks, I feel so relieved.

They asked us to provide more evidence of our financial commitments, as in joint bank accounts or things like that. We do not have joint bank accounts, so we wrote a statutory declaration (with the Australian form, signed by an accredited person...) stating how we were sharing life expenses. I also attached excerpts of both our bank statements showing we had been doing things together: paying our part of the rent, travelling together, etc.

In the original application, we had already included a lot of documents such as rental agreements, flights tickets, photos, airBnB profile...

@MGB: I used the phone number shown on my request for further information. I don't think this forum allows to share this kind of information...

26 minutes ago, MrGrieves said:

Thanks, I feel so relieved.

They asked us to provide more evidence of our financial commitments, as in joint bank accounts or things like that. We do not have joint bank accounts, so we wrote a statutory declaration (with the Australian form, signed by an accredited person...) stating how we were sharing life expenses. I also attached excerpts of both our bank statements showing we had been doing things together: paying our part of the rent, travelling together, etc.

In the original application, we had already included a lot of documents such as rental agreements, flights tickets, photos, airBnB profile...

@MGB: I used the phone number shown on my request for further information. I don't think this forum allows to share this kind of information...

I think thye mostly ask for new married couples or recent  say a year or 2 old couple in a relation...Just a thought

They just updated the processing times on the website - Obviously processing recent applications to look better on their processing times. Good one immigration :(

186 Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry 10 months 15 months
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Temporary Residence Transition 8 months 9 months
Edited by cachinnation23

16 minutes ago, cachinnation23 said:

They just updated the processing times on the website - Obviously processing recent applications to look better on their processing times. Good one immigration :(

186 Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry 10 months 15 months
186 Employer Nomination Scheme Temporary Residence Transition 8 months 9 months

Great thank you for that. What the hell is going on in that office! Love to know the formula for calculating times. Surely there is someone on this forum is actively working in DIBP....

And yes i agree! What a load of codswallop

Edited by Parkesy

3 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Great thank you for that. What the hell is going on in that office! Love to know the formula for calculating times. Surely there is someone on this forum is actively working in DIBP....

And yes i agree! What a load of codswallop

I was kind of chilled because im just about to reach the 10 months mark but now its gone down to 9 months, that makes me in that weird 10% where they cant tell you anything and you can end up waiting another month or another year it seems...?

4 minutes ago, cachinnation23 said:

I was kind of chilled because im just about to reach the 10 months mark but now its gone down to 9 months, that makes me in that weird 10% where they cant tell you anything and you can end up waiting another month or another year it seems...?

Haha. Makes me laugh because its all so tragic. Im in 8.5 months roughly and haze zero faith or getting it before 12 months. When I saw they were processing a few earlier ones over the last few days on the spreadsheet I foolishly had a glimmer of hope...until I saw your comment! There is no logic!

Edited by Parkesy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Haha. Makes me laugh because its all so tragic. Im in 8.5 months roughly and haze zero faith or getting it before 12 months. When I saw they were processing a few earlier ones over the last few days on the spreadsheet I foolishly had a glimmer of hope...until I saw your comment! There is no logic!

Oh no sorry to ruin your hope.  I cant believe how stupid and naive i was at the start of all this thinking it would be a breeze and for some reason my application wouldn't take long haha but now I think 2 years seems to be a more realistic goal. I can see a lot of people in my occupation on the spreadsheet are waiting for such a long time so I've accepted my fate.