Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

Why was I not surprised at your original post.

Why? You've lived in Oz and so obviously hated it judging by your constant posts about how awful and expensive everything is and post about how the little pocket you live in is utopia. I haven't posted about how wonderful Oz is and how awful the UK is! I'm just realistic about the cost of living in the UK and not living with rose tints...same with Oz.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-GLADIATOR-CAFE/415854808549849

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30176[/ATTACH]

Said cafe and you see the price $4.90

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30175[/ATTACH]

Said breakfast above

I don't tell lies only the truth

That is a bargain for sure, although very basic but for the price who would complain

I did also say I am in Perth, so I do believe everyone in the Eastern States can eat and drink for less than us with a lot more competition from what I have seen

That is a bargain for sure, although very basic but for the price who would complain

I did also say I am in Perth, so I do believe everyone in the Eastern States can eat and drink for less than us with a lot more competition from what I have seen

no you carnt eat and drink cheaper than Perth my hubbies in Perth lol :) no honestly there's not a lot in it not really not to me ! And honestly if someone served me that crap I would be very tempted to make them wear it lol but no no no I could not eat that even if it was free ! No chance ! But then I'm tickled stomached lol

Don't buy clothes in Oz then. Order online from Next, Debenhams, M&S or John Lewis. Or my friend's preferred option, take all your favourite work suits, skirts and shirts with you to Bali/Thailand and have copies made up :-) Or stock up when you go back to the UK for a holiday.

people rave on about earning more than they did in the UK but forget to mention they had to take out a $400000 + mortgage to buy a house , gets swept under the carpet does that one

Well Australia is sadly one of the top personal leveraged countries in the world. This will likely impact on further ability of the government to take any necessary action to control inflation in order not to pop the entire bubble.

I'm not quite sure what people expect tbh. That breakfast looked better than an offering from Maccas for same price. $5 wouldn't even cover the cost of ingredients plus energy costs to cook heat and light the establishent, rent fees plus staff wages plus crockery/cutlery washing....It's a $5 brekkie, get over it. Would it look better with a sprig of parsley and some gourmet bread instead of a sliced loaf?? Add another $15 for that. Jeez, what a load of whinging buggers on here.

I'm not quite sure what people expect tbh. That breakfast looked better than an offering from Maccas for same price. $5 wouldn't even cover the cost of ingredients plus energy costs to cook heat and light the establishent, rent fees plus staff wages plus crockery/cutlery washing....It's a $5 brekkie, get over it. Would it look better with a sprig of parsley and some gourmet bread instead of a sliced loaf?? Add another $15 for that. Jeez, what a load of whinging buggers on here.

Love this response :laugh: Have to agree 100%.

BTW I'm (almost) vegetarian so that's why I wouldn't eat it.

Yeah the $5 breakfast jeez, its a bargain, can't believe the complaints about it, I would buy it no problem, some snobs on here, were I work it is $22.45 for a big breakfast and flat white, haven't seen anything like that $5 in Perth, I know I can get a cheap basic breakfast when I go to Brisbane, lovely dovely !!

Never seen much quality cloths in Oz unless you wanted to pay designer prices. eating out was expensive in Oz and the food was very poor value compared to the UK in my opinion. I regularly go abroad and have just had 4 nights in dublin in a 4 star hotel on o'connor street "main city centre road" full english breakfast including return flights for £220 from Birmingham...I have had the same in prague and stockholm at cheaper prices in the last 18 months.

What a load of bollocks.

Are you kidding? Its all burnt for a start, and that bacon looks like someones brought it back up!

I can see why it is only $4.90, looks disgusting, where is the mushrooms hash browns baked beans and black pudding? what the hell is that horrible looking white sheen on that snag?

If you want more you ask for more and add to the cost

And you forgot to say the cafes stuck between Gold Coast and Brisbane on a freeway.. So not family friendly or easy to get to, paper and crack comes to mind ..

The cafe is near a petrol station which also has a Dr's surgery and larger chemist outlet.

Its about 3km from Westfield and 4km from Harbourtown the other way

not being funnie but I wouldn't feed that anyone not anyone disgustingly rank ! I could vomit looking at it ! How can u eat that I'd rather starve !

To be honest I wouldn't want to see you in there either

You sound a biy snobby to me like a few others

I'm down to earth

And its a photo taken by the cafe itself which was obviously one of their better efforts :biglaugh:

You'll never have to put up with eating it as you'll never vist these shores again

I'm sure you won't be missed lol

no you carnt eat and drink cheaper than Perth my hubbies in Perth lol :) no honestly there's not a lot in it not really not to me ! And honestly if someone served me that crap I would be very tempted to make them wear it lol but no no no I could not eat that even if it was free ! No chance ! But then I'm tickled stomached lol

I bet if that was shown to you from a cafe in the UK you'd be defending it roflmao

:laugh: How old are you lot? You sound like 12 year olds. It's like "My Dad's car is bigger than your Dad's car".

I think 12 is a bit OTT tbh

I wouldnt have paid anything for that muck would have sent it back, thats a disgrace serving that to anyone and expecting them to pay for it!

Again your choice

I'm pointing out to those who say you can't get bla bla in Australia

Well I'm only showing them you can

Some don't like to be wrong lol

You do get what you pay

Correct

You know something I'm full after eating one myself

I'm not a pig wanting more

Yeah the $5 breakfast jeez, its a bargain, can't believe the complaints about it, I would buy it no problem, some snobs on here, were I work it is $22.45 for a big breakfast and flat white, haven't seen anything like that $5 in Perth, I know I can get a cheap basic breakfast when I go to Brisbane, lovely dovely !!

Snobs for sure

But they don't live here so not actually sure why they'd moan about it so much

I'm sure they'll all be out at local cafe's ordering breakfasts to post a pic of on here

This is what you call a breakfast :laugh:

Are you kidding? Its all burnt for a start, and that bacon looks like someones brought it back up!

WTF are you on?

Why does it matter to you?

You aint and won't be ordering one!

We're not bothered

Obviously it bothers you!!

Gotta laugh at some poster on here

I was just pointing out what you can get for the money

WTF are you on?

Why does it matter to you?

You aint and won't be ordering one!

We're not bothered

Obviously it bothers you!!

Gotta laugh at some poster on here

I was just pointing out what you can get for the money

Your allowed to say your opinion, I am saying mine!

Some thoughts about trains - one of my friends swears by Red Spotted Hankie and another always books through Virgin. I'm never that organised but if you are - ahem - of a certain age the Seniors Card is quite a good investment I've discovered.

If you want more you ask for more and add to the cost

The cafe is near a petrol station which also has a Dr's surgery and larger chemist outlet.

Its about 3km from Westfield and 4km from Harbourtown the other way

To be honest I wouldn't want to see you in there either

You sound a biy snobby to me like a few others

I'm down to earth

You'll never have to put up with eating it as you'll never vist these shores again

I'm sure you won't be missed lol

I bet if that was shown to you from a cafe in the UK you'd be defending it roflmao

I think 12 is a bit OTT tbh

Again your choice

I'm pointing out to those who say you can't get bla bla in Australia

Well I'm only showing them you can

Some don't like to be wrong lol

You do get what you pay

Correct

You know something I'm full after eating one myself

I'm not a pig wanting more

Snobs for sure

But they don't live here so not actually sure why they'd moan about it so much

I'm sure they'll all be out at local cafe's ordering breakfasts to post a pic of on here

This is what you call a breakfast :laugh:

To be fair it is a $5 brekkie. Looks similar quality to a UK £2.50 brekkie. Shall we call it a draw on cheap brekkies?