Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is swings n roundabouts..

but having just returned a few days ago from the UK...no way is it cheaper overall.

some things are, some things aren't. Supermarkets have a better choice, but not cheaper. Except their cafes, cheap food.

i looked at new cars on the forecourts ....not cheaper.

Went for lunch one day at my local weatherspoons, yes it was under £6 for a meal and drink....but it was nothing more than a mulched up microwave meal.

One night out with friends, at a lovely old traditional pub, four drinks £11.20....that was great, but even my friends said that was mega cheap, think we just picked a good pub:yes:

We don't earn anymore here in Aus than we did in the UK, so I find it much the sameness. Both places are too expensive for the average joe..

How about the astronomical house prices people pay in Perth...? Apart from the south east I bet people are paying double what that pay elsewhere .. Bye bye the extra money people earn, unless you want to live 73638384738738 kms out of the CBD

I am having a laugh at people saying you can get a full breakfast in Oz for $5 and maybe $10 with a coffee !!!!, never seen anything like that the cheapest Breakfast I have seen is $15 and then add $3.50 to $4.00 on top for your coffee I am in Perth though !!, I do hope you find your feet Marisa, it's all new and it will take time to work out the best places at reasonable prices, good luck to you both x

https://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-GLADIATOR-CAFE/415854808549849

cafe sign.jpg

Said cafe and you see the price $4.90

brekkie.jpg

Said breakfast above

I don't tell lies only the truth

brekkie.jpg

cafe sign.jpg

You telling me that's not burnt ..?!

I don't eat bacon anymore but that's the way I would have it because I don't like it when it's barely cooked. Everything else looks okay to me. One minute you're moaning things are too expensive and then the next you're making condescending comments to people for going to a Thai place and another for their cheap breakfast. Kinda makes me think you wouldn't have anything positive to say no matter what

I don't eat bacon anymore but that's the way I would have it because I don't like it when it's barely cooked. Everything else looks okay to me. One minute you're moaning things are too expensive and then the next you're making condescending comments to people for going to a Thai place and another for their cheap breakfast. Kinda makes me think you wouldn't have anything positive to say no matter what

Thing is people paper over the cracks to try and paint a Rosie picture.. People desperately digging up the odd place here and there which are cheaper than the rest, this I can fully assure you doesn't represent the true cost of Australia.. be prepared to pay way higher prices than expected or be willing to travel to these so called cheaper places which I can fully assure you will be either A , in a place which is way out of the CBD or B in a less disirabl area . Good luck on your travels

Edited by paul1977

If that was cooked to perfection you'd have come back with a negative

That picture comes from there own facebook page

Your in the UK I believe or maybe not

You wouldn't get a burn't brekkie there would you for $4.90 which is 2.50 pounds ish

Advertising Or cooking isn't their strong point then..???

Edited by paul1977

^^^ To be fair, the houses are built to a pretty high standard in the UK. Mind you, they are so well insulated and double glazed I had to throw my bedroom window open when staying with my SIL as the room was stifling. Also stayed with my oldest friend in Scotland. Lovely little house in the countryside. Double glazed and well heated - no draughts. However, even right out in the sticks houses are pretty pricey. The young ones are finding it hard to buy their first home. A lot of people have moved up from darn sarf and the prices have shot up.

^^^ To be fair, the houses are built to a pretty high standard in the UK. Mind you, they are so well insulated and double glazed I had to throw my bedroom window open when staying with my SIL as the room was stifling. Also stayed with my oldest friend in Scotland. Lovely little house in the countryside. Double glazed and well heated - no draughts. However, even right out in the sticks houses are pretty pricey. The young ones are finding it hard to buy their first home. A lot of people have moved up from darn sarf and the prices have shot up.

Bloody southerners lol :laugh: We got new windows recently but we've both said we've felt colder since then. Other than the last 2 days! It must be our imagination though, the other ones were quite old

Thing is people paper over the cracks to try and paint a Rosie picture.. People desperately digging up the odd place here and there which are cheaper than the rest, this I can fully assure you doesn't represent the true cost of Australia.. be prepared to pay way higher prices than expected or be willing to travel to these so called cheaper places which I can fully assure you will be either A , in a place which is way out of the CBD or B in a less disirabl area . Good luck on your travels

That cafe is up the road from me

I didn't have to dig anything

I only comment on where I live and know

https://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-GLADIATOR-CAFE/415854808549849

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30176[/ATTACH]

Said cafe and you see the price $4.90

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30175[/ATTACH]

Said breakfast above

I don't tell lies only the truth

I can see why it is only $4.90, looks disgusting, where is the mushrooms hash browns baked beans and black pudding? what the hell is that horrible looking white sheen on that snag?

Edited by Perthbum