Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

I can think of five pubs around my part of Sydney where for £4.95 ($10) you wouldn't just get pie and chips, you'd get a free beer or wine included. Or you could have steak chips and salad for the same price.

Do you mean £15 just for a main course? In Sydney, I'd consider that very expensive indeed - I hope it was lobster. As for dessert, if a Sydney pub or restaurant charges more than $8 (£4) for dessert I won't buy it.

Again, so much depends on where in Australia you live - from what I've heard here, it seems that restaurants and pubs in parts of Perth are far more expensive than what I'm used to in Sydney.

yea 15 quid for a main course ! For a decent one ! But then the London tavern in Stoke it's self does 3 courses for 10:99 pounds that's a carvery type meal the Werrington does carvery help ya self carvery for around a fiver ! Belly boster lol a pub I went at Stanley that was homemade lovely pie chips and veg for a fiver . The wayfarer, swan with two necks , black lake the will average 15 quid upwards for a decent meal one course service fab . Last weekend this weekend with me bestie Chriissy let down my hair , hit the dance floor and belly laughs . Then having me hair done Saturday for the 2 new time of being here lol and hit a few more shops Saturday then I better get the hankies out !

I I think for you marrisa you have been away along time you prob don't realise I have only been away 3 yrs in sept . That's maybe the difference what u finding ! Good luck I'm sure you will find ya way :)

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea 15 quid for a main course ! For a decent one ! But then the London tavern in Stoke it's self does 3 courses for 10:99 pounds that's a carvery type meal the Werrington does carvery help ya self carvery for around a fiver ! Belly boster lol a pub I went at Stanley that was homemade lovely pie chips and veg for a fiver . The wayfarer, swan with two necks , black lake the will average 15 quid upwards for a decent meal one course service fab . Last weekend this weekend with me bestie Chriissy let down my hair , hit the dance floor and belly laughs . Then having me hair done Saturday for the 2 new time of being here lol and hit a few more shops Saturday then I better get the hankies out !

I I think for you marrisa you have been away along time you prob don't realise I have only been away 3 yrs in sept . That's maybe the difference what u finding ! Good luck I'm sure you will find ya way :)

We went to the London Tavern when we were back at Christmas, the owner was friendly and the food was decent but bottom end stuff....Wayfarer was were we went for OHs 40th meal, that was lovely. You get what you pay for everywhere really... I thought the Wayfarer was maybe slightly more expensive than comparable places in Perth too.

Edited by HappyHeart

We went to the London Tavern when we were back at Christmas, the owner was friendly and the food was decent but bottom end stuff....Wayfarer was were we went for OHs 40th meal, that was lovely. You get what you pay for everywhere really... I thought the Wayfarer was maybe slightly more expensive than comparable places in Perth too.

Yeah London tavern ok for the money ... Wayfarer lovely and swan with two necks ya do get what ya pay for really : ) off to the Wulston friday night lol atmospheric not exactly classy but nice owner a good atmosphere and dance and laugh lol but I've enjoyed my stay ! I do few weeks in brissie see the lads then better fly out to me hubby carny wait :) although I'm sad leave here too lol :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30156[/ATTACH] I got that in Brisbane for $38 wtf is that ! And I got this for 15 pounds in the wayfarer stone ![ATTACH=CONFIG]30157[/ATTACH]

for 38$ in brissie I expected presentation too to be fair , that was advertised fillet steak salad and chips ! My hubbie said my face was a picture lol I mean come on where is the salad rocket lettuce ! I didn't say anything I just won't go again !

for 38$ in brissie I expected presentation too to be fair , that was advertised fillet steak salad and chips ! My hubbie said my face was a picture lol I mean come on where is the salad rocket lettuce ! I didn't say anything I just won't go again !

Similar prices but presentation better at Wayfarer

Just so everyone us aware, not picking fault.. But dental care in UK is not free based on age. You have to be in receipt of certain benefits.

Yes, sorry, I was on my way to work.. Should have been NHS subsidised treatment, it's only free if you're in receipt of pension credit.

Thanks for picking that up.

This is a good site to let you know what you may be entitled to

http://www.moneymagpie.com/article/perks-for-the-over-60s

I'm not quite sure what people expect tbh. That breakfast looked better than an offering from Maccas for same price. $5 wouldn't even cover the cost of ingredients plus energy costs to cook heat and light the establishent, rent fees plus staff wages plus crockery/cutlery washing....It's a $5 brekkie, get over it. Would it look better with a sprig of parsley and some gourmet bread instead of a sliced loaf?? Add another $15 for that. Jeez, what a load of whinging buggers on here.

Problem is fiona is that you pay 5 bucks and you serve you that :elvis: then you spend 50 bucks cleaning the seat of you car from puke...are you honestly saying you would eat that? what is the white bloom on the sausage anyway.

Well, the car I sold in Australia was worth $10,000 second-hand and that's the kind of car I'd like again. From what others had said, I expected a similar model car to be cheaper but in fact it's not. And I note that although you can point out cheap sofas, you obviously admit they're rubbish as you yourself ended up with a £900 one!

Of course I can save money if I'm prepared to sit on furniture fit for student digs, buy an old banger and eat pie and chips instead of grills and salads - but that's not the point. I'm complaining because for me to have the same quality of life and possessions that I had in Sydney, it's costing me more. And I'm not making it up just to annoy you.

As a matter of interest, where did you live in Sydney?

What car was it Marisa?

Yes, sorry, I was on my way to work.. Should have been NHS subsidised treatment, it's only free if you're in receipt of pension credit.

Thanks for picking that up.

This is a good site to let you know what you may be entitled to

http://www.moneymagpie.com/article/perks-for-the-over-60s

We are registered with an NHS dentist. You do have to pay some, but it's not that bad.

I admit it's hard to register with an NHS dentist, but many people are.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/find-an-NHS-dentist.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

Well, the car I sold in Australia was worth $10,000 second-hand and that's the kind of car I'd like again. From what others had said, I expected a similar model car to be cheaper but in fact it's not. And I note that although you can point out cheap sofas, you obviously admit they're rubbish as you yourself ended up with a £900 one!

Of course I can save money if I'm prepared to sit on furniture fit for student digs, buy an old banger and eat pie and chips instead of grills and salads - but that's not the point. I'm complaining because for me to have the same quality of life and possessions that I had in Sydney, it's costing me more. And I'm not making it up just to annoy you.

As a matter of interest, where did you live in Sydney?

What was it year and mileage.

Not sure why everyone got so defensive over Marisa's valid post. Hopefully she can get discounts as suggested in other posts. Not sure running down Australia is very helpful, I'm sure she knows how much she can pay for a breakfast she wants there and the lifestyle on offer.

Seriously? It doesn't take much to ignite the pio breakfast wars. Not like you have to shoot a duke or invade Poland. Just question the finances and gloves are off!!!

Problem is fiona is that you pay 5 bucks and you serve you that :elvis: then you spend 50 bucks cleaning the seat of you car from puke...are you honestly saying you would eat that? what is the white bloom on the sausage anyway.

It's like most things in life

You choose where you live

You choose where you eat

You wouldn't eat that brekkie fine get over it others will

You didn't like Perth others do

I could go on and on and on a bit like you on and on and on about the same over and over and over

Seriously? It doesn't take much to ignite the pio breakfast wars. Not like you have to shoot a duke or invade Poland. Just question the finances and gloves are off!!!

Well its normally to do with anything you can do in the UK can't be done in Aus for the same price etc etc etc

When it's pointed out that it is available

Its not liked

You know about the UK now I know about Aus now

Go back 5 years for me and I'd no up to date knowledge of Aus but great knowledge of UK

5 years is a long time and things have changed so I bow to the UK members to guide me

Edited by HelensvaleHoward

All this drama over some breakfast. Jeeze it's like the sausage or lemon drama all over again :laugh:

Yes its silly but I only pointed it out that its possible to buy in Australia as many wouldn't believe it

Guess what its then attacked for being puke and rancid how could you eat that

So what should I do like lie down and agree

Breakfasts today

Bread tomorow

Too hot

You should know you've been here long enough

We are registered with an NHS dentist. You do have to pay some, but it's not that bad.

I admit it's hard to register with an NHS dentist, but many people are.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/find-an-NHS-dentist.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

Yes, we have one. We're very lucky in our little town - we have a choice of four practices to choose from! I think some areas are better serviced than others.

Well its normally to do with anything you can do in the UK can't be done in Aus for the same price etc etc etc

When it's pointed out that it is available

Its not liked

You know about the UK now I know about Aus now

Go back 5 years for me and I'd no up to date knowledge of Aus but great knowledge of UK

The

5 years is a long time and things have changed so I bow to the UK members to guide me

whether Australia or UK I still wouldn't eat it Howard ! But if u enjoy it good on ya ! But it's nothing to do with Aus or UK for me if its **** tastes **** or looks **** I'll bin it lol :)