Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a load of bull, they stopped making Saabs years ago.

where did you get these prices from. Mine are from Autotrader UK and Mazda AU (assumed living in Melbourne)

ohhhhhh dear.....[h=1]Saab car brand restarts production in Sweden under new ownership[/h]

Hong Kong-based National Electric Vehicle Sweden producing new 9-3, more than two years after Saab bankruptcy

If you live in Australia you will pay whatever the price is FACT

Different states different prices FACT

If you live in UK you will pay whatever the price is FACT

If you live in London you'll pay the price for doing so

Same for any other town or city

Wherever you live you will pay that price

Research what you can afford wherever that may be

Noone tells you to live in a place you can't afford so don't do it

We will all have our own thoughts on what and why a place is best for them but it won't suit all

Live happily ever after because you chose where you wanted to live

Rubbish, no one pays the asking price in cars in the UK, you always can save a lot of money with a lot of goods with haggling.

Any discussion which refers to house price comparisons is always flawed. We are moving from Surrey to QLD. Can't tell you what the averages are for both but our very average 3 bed 1930s pebble-dash semi-detached house has sold for £423,000 ($846,000). We will be able to buy a much better property and still have plenty left over so UK/Oz generalisations/comparisons on properties are meaningless.

the thing is your saying your get more for your money in Queensland... you will but then your moving from the southeast where property is high to somewhere where property will generally be cheaper, you try buying something in Sydney for your money and see what you get, how much of a bigger property would you get and took your 423 grand up north...? a large period home i would guess . you can only compare house prices from London and the southeast to Melbourne and Sydney, the only 2 true cities in australia

Paul by that theory London is the only city in England?...

Maybe you should have done some travelling on your time away from site, May have made you less depressed.

one problem. it is over twice as costly in Oz for almost everything

When were you here last to get those facts?

I live it every day like you live the UK every day

So don't try and tell me about Australian prices and I won't tell you about UK prices

Rubbish, no one pays the asking price in cars in the UK, you always can save a lot of money with a lot of goods with haggling.

Haggling is not confined to the UK

You can do the same in Australia

My point was if your in London in the UK you buy from their

If in Brisbane Australia guess what you buy from their

Paul by that theory London is the only city in England?...

Maybe you should have done some travelling on your time away from site, May have made you less depressed.

my point being somebody with London and the southeast money will buy a bigger property in Australia unless they move to Sydney or Melbourne, like i said take your money up north and see what you get. They are the only cities you could put in a bracket with london

bit misleading saying i got a house built for 300 grand on the outskirts of perth when the OP is more than 60kms out of the cbd ...

But legally and technically we are the outskirts of Perth Metro, so not misleading at all. 45 Minutes Drive, how far do you get driving 45 minutes out of London?