Having kids

FOL

The suggestion that a mother would abandon her baby if it wasn't cute enough is very low imo.

I cannot imagine any mother doing that.

But obviously some of the mums agree and have given it a like.

I hope to God these Mums have very cute babies.

I think it was meant tongue in cheek, like the saying goes " He had a face only a Mother could love"

Im a woman who wasn't maternal until I had my own.Yet my twin had her first child at 18 and planned it that way.I had mine a few years later.I think I was a better Mum for it tbh (not saying my twin wasn't,she was a great Mum)but you know yourself when you are ready.

My best mate was as anti-kids as you could get...she used to shudder at the mention of them as was hell bent on having a house full of cats. Fast forward a few years and she's earth mother of the year...with a few cats too;)

My second baby was ugly actually, a weird, scaly little swollen eyed alien....not very attractive at all....different to my daughter who was a model baby, so pretty and delightful as a baby. Loved them both on sight.

I did see a 6 week old baby last night at the family meet, she was so cute! I did get a bit googly eyed haha but it's not enough for me to start wanting children of my own :P

I did see a 6 week old baby last night at the family meet, she was so cute! I did get a bit googly eyed haha but it's not enough for me to start wanting children of my own :P

Others peoples just don't do it unless they are exceptionally gorgeous and cute. I tend to like kids that remind me of my own. Something instinctive in that I think.

Like my niece in the UK who everyone says looks/reminds them of my daughter at same age..love her. My nephew who is son of my OH's twin. Like looking at my own son. Love him too. Love them all but you are drawn towards certain ones.

Edited by HappyHeart

I guess it's a common thing to look a bit like your cousins? My auntie says (well everyone in the family) that her daughter looks the spitting image of me when I was her age. I did make a joke about her sleeping with my dad but that wasn't appreciated haha.

Edited by BritChickx

My best mate was as anti-kids as you could get...she used to shudder at the mention of them as was hell bent on having a house full of cats. Fast forward a few years and she's earth mother of the year...with a few cats too;)

Yes HH I am your typical earth mother too!I went into motherhood all guns blazing,and truly loved becoming a Mum.Had you of seen me a few years before though,I would of cringed at holding someone's baby!lol I really did put my heart and soul into it though so it all turned out fine,and so did my kids!:daydreaming:

Well I certainly didn't read it as a joke.

I find this hilarious, especially since when I come across your posts on this forum, including what you've said on this thread, I find much of what you say to be so outrageous, comically right wing, that I often think you're joking at first. It's only when I read on that I realise you're serious.

I've never been into babies. Even now, other people's babies do nothing for me. But I think that is because mine seems to of had such a personality from such a young age compared to others. Some women in my mothers group are only just getting their first laugh, two months later than my little angel. :-D

I do love kids by the time they can talk to you. I'd always thought I'd like to skip baby stage and get straight to there.

I've never been into babies. Even now, other people's babies do nothing for me. But I think that is because mine seems to of had such a personality from such a young age compared to others. Some women in my mothers group are only just getting their first laugh, two months later than my little angel. :-D

I do love kids by the time they can talk to you. I'd always thought I'd like to skip baby stage and get straight to there.

Well I don't usually get fussed about babies, I wouldn't go out of my way to coo at or hold a baby unless they were my friends'. I seem to be a magnet for toddlers though, they always stare at me and sometimes laugh/smile. Either I've got a funny face or they can sense i'm not a child type :P

It's good that your baby is progressing ahead of the norm though :-)

Edited by BritChickx

I find this hilarious, especially since when I come across your posts on this forum, including what you've said on this thread, I find much of what you say to be so outrageous, comically right wing, that I often think you're joking at first. It's only when I read on that I realise you're serious.

I don't think I have ever posted anything quite so outrageous as your effort.

So Congrats.

He says things for effect. He isn't serious. At least you can't take him seriously.....