where to shop in oz?

shak

hey everyone

im new here and in oz,moved to sydney last saturday...in the uk I mainly shopped at zara or topshop,and wondering if you guys would know what the equivalent here would be?I know that sydney has a zara but noticed that they dont have a childrens department?where else could I purchase nice clothes for kids.I loved zaras children department and never really shopped anywhere else for my little one,so was abit disappointed they dont do clothes for kids :(

any replies will be appreciated

thanks

I would second the votes for Oshkosh and Pumpkin Patch (both have stores in Sydney) although both DJs and Myer have good quality children's clothing as well. I must admit I prefer Oshkosh and Pumpkin Patch though.

I don't go to everyday department stores so can't offer a personal recommendation but my SIL swears by Target kids clothes so that might be worth checking out as well.

hey everyone

im new here and in oz,moved to sydney last saturday...in the uk I mainly shopped at zara or topshop,and wondering if you guys would know what the equivalent here would be?I know that sydney has a zara but noticed that they dont have a childrens department?where else could I purchase nice clothes for kids.I loved zaras children department and never really shopped anywhere else for my little one,so was abit disappointed they dont do clothes for kids :(

thanks

Both Zara and Topshop in Sydney Pitt Street area. Witchery kids? I would also try the outlet at Birkenhead point (nice views too) as there are plenty of great shops there, or one of the big malls such as Bondi Junction or Hornsby. Most of the UK stores also deliver now.

Struggling to think of many things cheaper in Australia than the UK to be frank, but I'm open to enlightenment, as ever!

Price obviously is a consideration, but as the GBP continues to strengthen less so. The convenience of not having to wait for delivery - or pay for international postage for returns - trounces 'cheaper' for me in most cases.

hey everyone

thanks

Find your nearest Trade Secret store, it looks like there's about 7 of them in Sydney. They're a lot like TK Maxx in the uk and sell lots of usually more expensive kids brands including Oshkosh.

Find your nearest Trade Secret store, it looks like there's about 7 of them in Sydney. They're a lot like TK Maxx in the uk and sell lots of usually more expensive kids brands including Oshkosh.

I know there is a 'Trade Secret' in Penrith, and a 'Rivers' shop too. I don't know where parents go to shop for their kids - Target, Kmart, Big W, 'Less than Best' (Best and Less!), Lowes. Target always seems OK to me. I buy a lot of my outer clothes from charity shops, or retro shops.

Price obviously is a consideration, but as the GBP continues to strengthen less so. The convenience of not having to wait for delivery - or pay for international postage for returns - trounces 'cheaper' for me in most cases.

It depends on the article though. For instance, I wanted a book a few months ago that was £15 in the UK, but $60 in Australia, so I bought it on Amazon and it was here 10 days later. Same thing with a box set I wanted. £50 on Amazon UK, but $40 per series (10 series) in the ABC Shop, the only place I could find it, making it $400 in Australia. I'm happy to wait a few days to save hundreds of dollars. It's about purchasing power as much as exchange rates. Aussie wages relative to Aussie prices are weaker than UK wages relative to UK prices. But there are other advantages to Australia that make it worthwhile to be here. Lots of them - retail prices are not one of them and I won't lie to myself about it because I just don't see the point.

Archived