going back to uk and can't wait

jb39

Free free free?? Yeah! Have you forgotten how BAD BAD BAD your free healthcare is???? I know people who died because of the careless NHS!! Not even to mention my own experiences that are way to many to list !!! But if your someone who enjoys living of other people working than so be it! Enjoy your free dental ( that the next person has paid for) and enjoy the Grimm weather that goes with your freebies !! I'd rather pay my own way and enjoy a walk along the beach---- minus the rain and the grey clouds :)

NHS is better that the australia system and that is why the NHS was voted the best service worldwide in a recent study.

NHS comes top in healthcare survey

Study by Washington-based foundation puts healthcare provision in the US at the bottom of its report

p.s, we have had almost 10 months of mild at times hot weather this year...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...but you were getting equally nasty about the UK ! (when the issue could lie with the unhappy person)

I was pointing out issues with the UK, as they want to come back to the uk, when all the issues about Australia is the same here if not worse! Thus is pointless .... All you lot wanna go back home , see ya. Hope you don't regret it haha

Ok so you might not wanna drop your opinions if you don't know people's story !!! Germany because I am german born there! NOT TRIED! America because I am american went to school there for a little while! NOT TRIED!! India because I moved there when I was a minor with my mother!!! Not tried!!! Love India actually, but work out there makes it impossible to live there full time!!!! Spain because we had money to spend and we travelled all over!!! Not tried!!! England (9 years) because my husband is English and hated it here all nine years! So basically tried England , don't like it neither does my husband so now Australia! Anyway I don't have to justify myself, I'm not the one saying uk is crap , move and then decide that the UK is actually not crap...

Ok, but living somewhere as a child doesn't really give you the knowledge about how different healthcare systems etc work. You only see things from a child's perspective and happy children have a positive outlook wherever they are.

I also think you may be projecting a little when you say everyone is miserable here. I surround myself with happy, positive people who are mostly happy with their lives. Maybe because you dislike it so much here, you have found kindred spirits to spend your time with? I wouldn't want to spend time with negative people, but I know some people thrive on it.

I take your point about not being able to afford to work. The cost of childcare should be more affordable, but how do you make it so? Would you have to have it subsidised by the government? Wouldn't that make everyone accessing it a 'benefit scrounger'? Just like those who get tax credits/child tax credits/child benefit/free prescriptions or dental treatment for children?

I hope you enjoy Australia. It is a beautiful country, but be aware that there are immigrants there too (you'll be one), people from different cultures, practising different religions. The health service is excellent and treatment is pretty much the same as here, with some differences, but generally very much the same. It's just that your out of pocket expenses tend to be higher (depending on your insurance and level of cover). We had top level cover and still our daughter's orthodontic treatment was capped at $2.5k, leaving us to pay $7.5k. Not a problem, but something to be aware of, although I suspect you've done your research.

Of course, if you earn under a certain amount you won't have to worry about insurance or paying the medicare levy and just use the public system, just like here.

You're right to say that everywhere has its problems, but you don't know how those problems and differences will affect you until you start living them.

We have now been back in the uk for 6 months now. I now get: child tax credit, working tax credit, child benefit, FREE dental care, yes correct! !!! I don't have to pay a penny. My mrs is getting a crown done for FREE. Help from the government to buy fresh fruit and veg. And help with my rent I am paying for a house for us to stay in. And don't have this "medicare gap" bollocks here. Free doctors. All this help has enabled me to start up my own business. Instead of being in Australia, being entitled to zero, and being ripped off on the tax of 48% in the dollar, for getting my butt out of bed at 4am every day for 55 hrs a week to try and make ends meet. I'm so glad I'm home.

None of this that you mention is free. I don't get free dental, child tax credit, working tax credit, free fruit and veg or anything else. My husband works from 8 in the morning to 6 at night and I work till 1am every night to support our family as we aren't "lucky" enough to be entitled to anything. I had a family knowing that I would have to support them as when we started our family there was no help for working people. You swam or sank and didn't buy if you couldn't afford it.

It's the taxes that my husband and I pay that are paying for all your free fruit and veg, tax credits and dental treatment. Oh and your free prescriptions too.

Your post is exactly why I want to leave the UK now and go back to Australia. I am sick to death of supporting the workshy in the UK. It makes me sick when I watch television programmes such as "Benefit's Street" and "Benefit's Britain" and people like me are having to support people who can't be bothered to work.

I'm lucky, I've only had 3 days of unemployment in my life. I've always found a job, but then I'm someone who will do any job as long as it's legal.

I wish you luck in your business and hope that you will become self-supporting and not have to take money off the Government to help support your family.

None of this that you mention is free. I don't get free dental, child tax credit, working tax credit, free fruit and veg or anything else. My husband works from 8 in the morning to 6 at night and I work till 1am every night to support our family as we aren't "lucky" enough to be entitled to anything. I had a family knowing that I would have to support them as when we started our family there was no help for working people. You swam or sank and didn't buy if you couldn't afford it.

It's the taxes that my husband and I pay that are paying for all your free fruit and veg, tax credits and dental treatment. Oh and your free prescriptions too.

Your post is exactly why I want to leave the UK now and go back to Australia. I am sick to death of supporting the workshy in the UK. It makes me sick when I watch television programmes such as "Benefit's Street" and "Benefit's Britain" and people like me are having to support people who can't be bothered to work.

I'm lucky, I've only had 3 days of unemployment in my life. I've always found a job, but then I'm someone who will do any job as long as it's legal.

I wish you luck in your business and hope that you will become self-supporting and not have to take money off the Government to help support your family.

Well said. Leave the UK to the freeloaders.

Don't worry, you'll be doing the same in Aus!

Don't worry, you'll be doing the same in Aus!

I know!! Just not on such a vast scale. Makes my blood boil when I read threads asking whether or not the poster will be entitled to benefits. Surely, if you have to ask that, then you shouldn't consider emigrating.

I might become one of the masses myself. Give myself a break from work :wink:

There are also plenty of freeloaders residing in Australia.My ex OH's BIL for one!He has'nt worked for the last 20 yrs.Reckons he did his back in.He claims disability pension,but in the meantime,he builds car engines in his back yard and sells them on!:arghh:He really did make my blood boil.

JB39:Hope your business is successful.Not too nice being reliant on handouts.No matter which country you live in.As Ghandhi once stated "Don't give a beggar money,give him a job!":daydreaming:

After pensions the biggest drain on the benefits bill is for the working poor. Unemployment benefit has hardly changed in terms of percentage of the benefit budget in the last ten years.

http://www.jrf.org.uk/blog/2012/01/unemployed-benefits-fraction-of-welfare-bill

I have absolutely no problem supporting people who can't support themselves, it's what a civilised society does, but what makes me angry is supporting large companies because they won't pay a decent wage to their workers. If the likes of the supermarkets, telecom and power companies etc paid a proper wage (and didn't offer zero hour contracts which are impossible if you have a family to support because of the way the benefits are calculated), the taxpayer would not be left to make up the money through tax credits and housing benfits etc. Why should we be lining the pockets of shareholders? For any company the biggest cost is staffing and there should be help for new and small businesses, but I'm sure the likes of Tesco, Asda, vodafone etc are perfectly able to pay a decent wage without recourse to public funds.

Your were paying for private health and had to still pay $7500 for a child. I wouldn't say that's no problem. Why do people pay private if there seems to be an excellent government health service ? I think people are sucked into the massive advertising for private health.

Your were paying for private health and had to still pay $7500 for a child. I wouldn't say that's no problem. Why do people pay private if there seems to be an excellent government health service ? I think people are sucked into the massive advertising for private health.

Were you replying to me? If so, yes, for orthodontic treatment. Most, if not all, the insurance companies have a maximum pay out for most things. It is bad when you consider how much the premiums are, but what I meant was it wasn't a problem for us - just something for people to consider when looking at potential costs of living in Australia.

If you earn over a certain amount you really are under pressure to have health insurance to avoid paying the medicare levy. Being a big advocate of the NHS, it's not something which sits comfortably with me (and we definitely don't have private health insurance in the UK), but it is as it is in Australia.

:notworthy: The OP mentioned paying 48% tax in Australia too which makes them a very high earner here, so it's a shame they didn't save some of that money to help buy some of that free fruit and veg back in the UK.

I know!! Just not on such a vast scale. Makes my blood boil when I read threads asking whether or not the poster will be entitled to benefits. Surely, if you have to ask that, then you shouldn't consider emigrating.

I might become one of the masses myself. Give myself a break from work :wink:

I can tell you what else makes your blood boil.............................................................................................................................................Crematoriums :laugh:

Really? All the houses I've been in have been far too hot - ye Gods, what do they have the heating turned up to? My parents have our house cranked up so high I can't sit in the lounge with them!

Maybe it's Scotland. I'm always fascinated to watch Grand Designs and the like and see them installing underfloor heating etc. My relatives in Scotland seem to make a virtue out of not having any kind of decent insulation or heating...

Or you telling me people pay thousands ...because they are silly and think Australia is perfect? .

You'd be surprised how many people come here thinking that. They get an unrealistic idea of Australia from Neighbours and Home & Away, maybe visit on holiday but spend their time enjoying themselves instead of doing proper research (or maybe don't visit at all), and often don't do any other research. Then they arrive, discover that it's just another country, and are bitterly disappointed.

People used to emigrate to Australia (and other countries) because they were struggling in the UK and there were better opportunities in Australia and the chance for a higher standard of living. Many people think that's still the case, because their Auntie Flo or Uncle Ned did it. It's not like that any more - jobs are hard to come by, and most migrants will have about the same standard of living as they did in the UK.

It sounds like you're a traveller and you'll be treating it as an adventure, in which case good luck to you. I'm just saying you'd be surprised how many people are convinced they're going to have a fantastic life in Oz, miles better than in the UK, and that is plain unrealistic.

Guest Guest 47403
We have now been back in the uk for 6 months now. I now get: child tax credit, working tax credit, child benefit, FREE dental care, yes correct! !!! I don't have to pay a penny. My mrs is getting a crown done for FREE. Help from the government to buy fresh fruit and veg. And help with my rent I am paying for a house for us to stay in. And don't have this "medicare gap" bollocks here. Free doctors. All this help has enabled me to start up my own business. Instead of being in Australia, being entitled to zero, and being ripped off on the tax of 48% in the dollar, for getting my butt out of bed at 4am every day for 55 hrs a week to try and make ends meet. I'm so glad I'm home.

So you gone from being a high earner is Oz to claiming benefits in the UK.......nice one good move for the family that!

Britain land of the "FREE". No wonder the UK national debt is over a trillion pounds - free stuff for all. Not even the temptation of free beer would make me go back to the UK.

Britain land of the "FREE". No wonder the UK national debt is over a trillion pounds - free stuff for all. Not even the temptation of free beer would make me go back to the UK.

Australia is sitting at 649 billion in debt. Not bad for a contry that's not been in recession for over 20 years. #missmanagingatthehighest

Guest Guest 47403
Sometimes people put family and a sence of belonging over sunshine and money .

That's nice can't afford to eat but as least things are familiar.

Guest Guest 47403
If that was really the case it goes to show what they really thought of living down under with the golden ticket

Ah that famous golden ticket just an excuse for not making it IMO

Archived