Mrs tonymans Dad passed away today , i need help !

tonyman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sorry to hear your sad news, love and sympathy to all of you. It's such a shock when something like this happens.

we got an emergency temporary Britiish passport in Brisbane a few years ago. It was all done and processed in a couple of hours max. We had our passports with us, filled out all the forms, passport photos taken in our case photo shop was almost opposite all set up for passport photos. Back to British Embassy, and a temporary passport valid for 1 year issued. It was very painless.

Visa should be electronic, but take out of date passport with you when you travel as back up.

It's a hard time, but you will cope and your wife's mother will be so appreciative of your love and support. It might take a few days or more before before she can travel back to UK as there will be formalities to arrange in Egypt, so check this out before you book your flight.

Trying to be helpful, as ex airline have known it happen before and just wanted to mention that it can take more than a few days to make the return arrangements.

Stay strong, you will have lots of support from us all.

Sorry to hear of your loss, it must be difficult too for your wifes step mum being in a foreign country when it happened. As others have said, just be supportive to your wife by being there for her and sorting out all the travel arrangements so she doesn't have to think about them.

Guest Guest16631
I got the dreaded phone call today from the UK that mrs tonymans Dad had passed away on holiday in Egypt . She was on the school run so I had minutes to plan how I would tell her , of course she is in bits and we don't even know how or why he died yet ......

...........so sorry to hear this tonyman......for you all as a family ....

............and I hope you manage to sort out the passports.......lots of help earlier I read.....

............so my thoughts are with you and yours.....

............as you prepare to say goodbye to one of yours ....

............as they finish this journey.....and prepare for the next....

...........my sympathies are with you all..........tink x

Tonyman if you still have a current RRV you will not need to get a new one but you will have to let Immigration know and they will link it to your new passport. Best to call in and see them after you have been to passport office. I am sorry I do not know how much it costs currently. Best of luck x

Hi Tonyman, Sorry for your bad news. Im a travel agent here in WA so let me know if you need any help. At the moment NO airlines do compassion seats. They phased them out years ago. Also you would have needed the death certificate.

Cheapest flights at the moment are with Malaysian airlines (My personal fave) They are $1882.00 per person Child fare is $1625.00 child must be under 12yrs. These prices would be flying out in the next few days or even today and returning within the next 3 months.

You do not need a passport to book the flights but i would not advise doing this. Best bet is Perth embassy and get an emergency passport which is $95.00.

Guest The Pom Queen
On tiger you can get to Singapore for $278 return, I will now see what I can find from Singapore

KLM from Singapore to London return is $1025 so it works out a few hundred dollars cheaper but its if you want the hassle of claiming your baggage then checking back in etc.

Thanks so much to all of you ,I`m really over whelmed ...........

so far I`ve contacted the British Consulate and like some have said she will get an Emergency travel document the same day but you have to have proof that you are leaving the country ie a ticket but without knowing when he will be flown back to the UK I cant purchase one and it cant be issued within 5 days in advance of travel ..........thanks again guys you really have save me time and stress

mrs tonyman had tickets for a show/lecturer tonight in Subiaco with a friend and thankfully she still went , as it will take her mind off things for a couple of hrs ............

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks so much to all of you ,I`m really over whelmed ...........

so far I`ve contacted the British Consulate and like some have said she will get an Emergency travel document the same day but you have to have proof that you are leaving the country ie a ticket but without knowing when he will be flown back to the UK I cant purchase one and it cant be issued within 5 days in advance of travel ..........thanks again guys you really have save me time and stress

mrs tonyman had tickets for a show/lecturer tonight in Subiaco with a friend and thankfully she still went , as it will take her mind off things for a couple of hrs ............

:hug:

So sorry to hear your terrible news. No practical advice just wanted to pass on my sincere condolences and hope everything is sorted as soon as possible. I don't usually give hugs but here's one for you, MrsT and kids:hug:..

Thanx Wendy, means so much as I know you don't give hugs and likes out , we feel so privileged ........xx

Archived