Is Brisbane Boring?

simmo

Perth had always held the title as the worlds most boring city but now it has been suggested that Brisbane is now the main contender!!

Having lived and worked in Brisbane I can vouch that it is mind numbingly boring:arghh:as far as major cities go.

ENGLAND batsman Kevin Pietersen has taken aim at Brisbane, saying no one outside of Australia has heard of the city and he would rather watch paint dry than experience what it has to offer.

agree? disagree?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't 'boring' a state of mind?? If one doesn't have the capacity to think and do...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Correct. It's a very pommy affliction that they seem unable to fix

Of course the paint dry comment was the childish response from Kevin Pieterson after our pathetic childish local paper slagged him off on the front page.

I have the opposite problem....so many events/places I want to go to but can't fit them in with young kids. Get more annoyed with all the stuff I miss. Far more stuff on than where I lived in the UK but it is a bigger city so expected.

I did find living in the outer suburbs newer housing estates uninspiring as I much prefer inner city life and location but that was my mistake picking the wrong location that didn't suit me. I didn't really connect with brisbane inner city life that much at all living out there compared to now. Just through working in CBD and drives into places when we could. Totally different to living there. Fixed that though and now great. I know some love bayside, lakes etc so not saying bad for all, just me.

Anywhere can be boring if you just sit there and wait for things to come to you.

However, if you get out and give everything and anything on offer a go; the tiniest hamlet or most out of the way town can be a never ending cycle of activities.

Anywhere can be boring if you just sit there and wait for things to come to you.

However, if you get out and give everything and anything on offer a go; the tiniest hamlet or most out of the way town can be a never ending cycle of activities.

True but poms we meet here won't do anything they didn't do 'back home'. Why did they come here in the first place?

He has admitted he was just taking the piss. I've been back in brisbane 12 mths from the uk with my wife. In 12 mths I still havnt shown her everything yet. Each weekend we get out and about around the south east corner.You have islands, mountain ranges, city life, Gold Coast region, Sunshine Coast region . Coming from a country like the uk it's like paradise. Some people havnt got a clue, that statement proves the point.

I dont follow cricket but do i hazard a guess the poms are losing?lol... Its normally in these circumstances you hear silly comments like in the OP...

Brisbane is as boring or exciting as you want it to be, there is more than enough to see and do IF you want to get out and about and see and do it.

Cal x

I thought Kevin Pietersen might have liked Bris seeing as how he's South African. Thought the weather would be more to his liking. How long was he there? I suppose he would have had plenty of time to look round, he wasn't interrupted by having to bat for any length of time.

Personally I find there is loads to do in Bris. Cricketers probably wouldn't get any further than the nearest bar to the ground or their hotel.

Kevin Pietersen's at least got the desired reaction from his sledging comments regarding Brisbane, with the self defensive league out in force. He'll be laughing into his Castle beer ...with the rest of South Africa and England applauding.

To be honest I think most people found his reaction as boring as the courier mail sledging he was responding to...a life long brit would have had a far better comeback ;) ...saying that the courier mail is hardly worth the effort...

To be honest I think most people found his reaction as boring as the courier mail sledging he was responding to...a life long brit would have had a far better comeback ;) ...saying that the courier mail is hardly worth the effort...

Like a say while he's chowing down his Boerewor and Biltong while sipping his Castle Beer, the folks at home in both RSA and England will be applauding. Anything to get the Aussie backs up. Come to think of it promoters here in OZ will be none to fussed either. Sledging good for the game along with Aussie arm breaking threats of course.

Archived