End of the road for me .....

Guest guest30085

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, lovely to see a positive ending! Where there is a will there is a way I believe. I am sure each day you are in Australia you will remember how hard you worked and be more thankful for each minute.

I too have had to retrain, my previous career was possible but I wasn't happy in it... Im another 18 months off but hopefully joining you soon!

Guest Guest 47403

Absolutely friggin made up for you Gill, well done you :cool:

I hope you and the mini one have a fabulous life down there :wubclub:

I first travelled to Australia back in 1996 and I've had a love affair with the place ever since, having been back for several holidays since. But, I had Mini Me when I was young and any thoughts of travelling or migrating were put on hold (a very long hold!). It's been over four years since I joined PIO, looking for help on student visas, as my original plan was to go to Australia on a student visa. After looking at the financial costs (no matter how optimistic I was nor how rose coloured my glasses were) it proved to be impossible. So I resigned myself to another few years of studying in the UK, which without going into my life story, certainly hasn't been the easiest four years of my life. Anyway, I've just finished the four years and even if I get the results I'm hoping for, I would still require a minimum of 2/3 years relevant work experience to qualify for Oz if I followed the occupation my degrees are geared up to. Further to this, I have a Mini Me, who is not so Mini anymore and it was getting to the stage where any longer and she would not be able to be included in any future visa plans as eventually she would not have been dependent on me and would have to qualify in her own right. So, it's been a difficult few years and there didn't seem to be an end in sight ......

In the meantime it just so happened that previous work experience meant that there was a chance I could apply for a visa under a different occupation. I spoke to two different migration agents (one lady was very helpful though and went beyond what would normally be a quick email for an initial assessment) but, both thought without a relevant qualification I would not be able to pass the skills assessment......

Anyway I did! :yes:

I also passed the IELTS at first attempt with all 8s or above (right in the middle of exam period at Uni :arghh:).

Then I got WA SS :yes:

Then I applied for the 190 visa.....

And at 2.00am this morning myself and Mini Me were granted permanent residency for Australia

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

08/04 Docs to Vetassess. 15/04 Docs arrive at Vetassess. 23/04 Vetassess Docs acknow. 25/05 Sat IELTS. 07/06 IELTS results L8,R9,W9,S8.5. 05/08 Vetassess - Positive. 6/08 Submit EOI. 07/08 WA looking at EOI. 08/08 ITA WA SS. 10/08 completed WA SS. 12/08 WA SS successful. 14/08 WA SS confirmed. 14/08 ITA for 190 visa. 15/08 Visa applied for. CO: 30/09. Meds: 09/10. PCC: 11/10. Grant: 25/10.

This is so awesome ... it literally has made me smile - so happy for you

Guest guest30085
:jiggy::jiggy:I know I have already said it on FB, but after all your hard work, you and Mini Me so deserve this. I am so happy for you. See you in Perth soon xxxx

Start stocking up on the wine Hun, I plan to be drunk for months ;) xx

Guest guest30085

Thank you everyone, today was going to be special anyway, but your kind words have made it even more so. My parents have just given me some notes with the words 'go and buy a big bottle' :laugh: . It's been a very long wait for today to happen :jiggy:

Thanks again xxx

Belated well done!! Only just hooked up to the hotel Wi-Fi and got round to a bit of reading. I was sorting our passports on Wednesday and dug out a copy of our visa grant letter 'just in case' and it brought back all the 'can't believe it's happened' feelings that I'm sure you're having now.

Best of luck for your brand new future!!

I blame my hormones right now but I actually cried when I read this! Such fantastic news, well done for ALL your achievements, I wish the very best for both you and Mini Me's future down under!

You must be beaming with joy and pride today!icon11.png

Look forward to reading all your updates too!

Mrs K xxx

Guest guest30085
I blame my hormones right now but I actually cried when I read this! Such fantastic news, well done for ALL your achievements, I wish the very best for both you and Mini Me's future down under!

You must be beaming with joy and pride today!icon11.png

Look forward to reading all your updates too!

Mrs K xxx

I'm blaming the hormones also .... Im still welling up now and have been since 5am ;) x

Seriously, I have tears rolling down my face!!!

This process is such a journey and all the uncertainty can be so hard to live with at times, I have a mantra I practice every night when I go to bed, I say "well that's another day done and another day closer to Oz"

Will raise a glass to you tonight...off to fix my mascara!

Mrs K xxx

Wow! You have proved that determination pays off. You are a shining example of true determination. Mini you will be very proud. Well done!

I first travelled to Australia back in 1996 and I've had a love affair with the place ever since, having been back for several holidays since. But, I had Mini Me when I was young and any thoughts of travelling or migrating were put on hold (a very long hold!). It's been over four years since I joined PIO, looking for help on student visas, as my original plan was to go to Australia on a student visa. After looking at the financial costs (no matter how optimistic I was nor how rose coloured my glasses were) it proved to be impossible. So I resigned myself to another few years of studying in the UK, which without going into my life story, certainly hasn't been the easiest four years of my life. Anyway, I've just finished the four years and even if I get the results I'm hoping for, I would still require a minimum of 2/3 years relevant work experience to qualify for Oz if I followed the occupation my degrees are geared up to. Further to this, I have a Mini Me, who is not so Mini anymore and it was getting to the stage where any longer and she would not be able to be included in any future visa plans as eventually she would not have been dependent on me and would have to qualify in her own right. So, it's been a difficult few years and there didn't seem to be an end in sight ......

In the meantime it just so happened that previous work experience meant that there was a chance I could apply for a visa under a different occupation. I spoke to two different migration agents (one lady was very helpful though and went beyond what would normally be a quick email for an initial assessment) but, both thought without a relevant qualification I would not be able to pass the skills assessment......

Anyway I did! :yes:

I also passed the IELTS at first attempt with all 8s or above (right in the middle of exam period at Uni :arghh:).

Then I got WA SS :yes:

Then I applied for the 190 visa.....

And at 2.00am this morning myself and Mini Me were granted permanent residency for Australia

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

08/04 Docs to Vetassess. 15/04 Docs arrive at Vetassess. 23/04 Vetassess Docs acknow. 25/05 Sat IELTS. 07/06 IELTS results L8,R9,W9,S8.5. 05/08 Vetassess - Positive. 6/08 Submit EOI. 07/08 WA looking at EOI. 08/08 ITA WA SS. 10/08 completed WA SS. 12/08 WA SS successful. 14/08 WA SS confirmed. 14/08 ITA for 190 visa. 15/08 Visa applied for. CO: 30/09. Meds: 09/10. PCC: 11/10. Grant: 25/10.

well done, now you can look back and all that hard work and determination has paid of, A job you will enjoy in a country you have worked hard to get to. As for mini me well.........how proud will she be when she looks up to you after all you have shown her as well as told her in those bedtime stories dreams can come true. Wish you both all the best for your new start in life....literally!:ssign19: xx

Archived