457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am in my 10th week of waiting for my visa now, things are moving very slowly for everyone as it seems on here, i have read through a lot of the thread on here and i noticed that a lot of people have got access to there TRN number, so when i asked my CO for this they would not give this number to me so i can check my application online, is there any reason for this at all?

Thanks

Did you not need your TRN number when starting the application? Will your sponsor not give you it?

My sponsor haven't got it either, they keep chasing me about the length of time it is taking for my visa to be approved as i got the job in mid april so they are starting to get a bit annoyed with my application as to why i haven't received it yet, this was why i was trying to get the TRN number so i can give my company more answers.

My sponsor haven't got it either, they keep chasing me about the length of time it is taking for my visa to be approved as i got the job in mid april so they are starting to get a bit annoyed with my application as to why i haven't received it yet, this was why i was trying to get the TRN number so i can give my company more answers.

Ah right, Hope you get sorted, you have been waiting a long time then!!

Hey guys

I lodged my 457 only visa application on 28/6/13 . I haven't get case officer yet . My M.A said he can't do anything unless I get case officer .

My questions ...

Should I email or call to immigration about my application by myself ?

Edited by pavy

Hello guys,any news yet?

Today i called my MA,he told me that he going to send a follow up email to CO today,see what happend

will keep updating if i heard something

good luck ric . M still waiting for CO . My MA send me mail to wait for CO . How long I have to wait ?? Today more then 3 months only for 457 visa application . :mad:

Hey guys

I lodged my 457 only visa application on 28/6/13 . I haven't get case officer yet . My M.A said he can't do anything unless I get case officer .

My questions ...

Should I email or call to immigration about my application by myself ?

e457.melbourne@immi.gov.au or e457.sydney@immi.gov.au (depending on processing office) - I emailed them after 3 weeks and I received a reply within a couple of days, even though I didn't have a case officer yet.

Hi,

I am in my 10th week of waiting for my visa now, things are moving very slowly for everyone as it seems on here, i have read through a lot of the thread on here and i noticed that a lot of people have got access to there TRN number, so when i asked my CO for this they would not give this number to me so i can check my application online, is there any reason for this at all?

Thanks

If you are communicating with your CO, he/she will be able to provide the most up to date information on your visa progress. The status hardly changes online, trust me. I would ask for a more comprehensive update from your CO....

e457.melbourne@immi.gov.au or e457.sydney@immi.gov.au (depending on processing office) - I emailed them after 3 weeks and I received a reply within a couple of days, even though I didn't have a case officer yet.

Hi cathy

Thanks for reply . What I should write in e mail to immigration ? How many days they took to appointed case officer for you 457 visa application ? After email to immigration . What did they reply to you ?

Edited by pavy

Hi Pavy,

I emailed immigration 3 weeks after my application. I wrote the following:

"Good Morning,

Re: Status update for TRN number - XXXXXXXXXX

Could you kindly provide a status update for my 457 visa application which I lodged myself 3 weeks ago? I believe I have attached all the relevant documentation to support my application.

I am aware of the backlog you have recently experienced, however I was hoping to get an indication of the current status of my application if at all possible.

Many Thanks in advance"

And I received this reply: (from Melbourne office)

"The application has not yet been allocated to a case officer for assessment. Due to high lodgement rates the general allocation time is currently 8 weeks from the date of lodgement."

I think I received a case officer after 5 or 6 weeks. I'm not sure as he/she is working directly with my sponsoring company.

This week is 10 weeks.

Good Luck!