457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

Hi I don't know about the nomination yet and I'm unlikely to find out as I don't have access to any systems. I work in the ICT space and have 20 years experience doing roughly the same role. I think if you are genuine I haven't seen anyone not been granted the visa...? Just seems to take time and the uncertainty seems to be the problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to have a CO allocated? I'm getting a little bit anxious now, nothing has changed since processing commenced and referred to CO on 3/9. My contract starts on the 1st October, no flights booked, no accommodation, is it really all going to happen at once?

Kim

Hi Kim

Looks like we just have to sit and wait. My company submitted the same day and nothing has changed so far. I also have the same start date as you. I'm already resigned to the fact that this is probably going to take 8 weeks looking at the current wait times...

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to have a CO allocated? I'm getting a little bit anxious now, nothing has changed since processing commenced and referred to CO on 3/9. My contract starts on the 1st October, no flights booked, no accommodation, is it really all going to happen at once?

Kim

Hi Kim,

My Nomination went in on 2/07/13 and visa app on 11/07/13 so been about 11 weeks for the Nom and 10 weeks for the app.

However their is some movement this morning as a request for more info has come up so I am assuming that at least someone is looking at it:biggrin:

A CO can been appointed and you may not now, it could just come through as granted, all the time scales are different.

Anyway good luck! I find the waiting very difficult.

Paddy / Kim did your companies hire a migration lawyer to do your application? Not sure if it's good or bad, as I don't hear anything!

Hi Hurlos,

My companie did not. They are already a sponsored employer and did their own Nom, and I did my Visa. I think some agents a good especially if you are trying for P.R. as for 457, not sure.

An agent cant really speed things up, but can ensure your paper work is correct in the beginning, that's my view.

Good Luck!

Yep I think you're right. They originally said 4-6 weeks. Last week it went up to 6-7 weeks so lets see. I think the visa itself will be fine for the vast majority - it's just the waiting!

Good luck to all,i hope some good news start coming this week, i m on 9th week:confused:

Good luck to all,i hope some good news start coming this week, i m on 9th week:confused:
Good luck everyone . I just check my visa status . It's still same . I don't know what going on with my application . 457 visa application lodge 28/6/13 . More then 10 weeks . I haven't heard anything ......

Anyone have any ideas how long a secondary 457 visa takes? My partners visa was approved 2 weeks ago but myself n daughter was missed off (complicated) so we have had to re apply for a secondary visa, hope I'm not waiting the long 12 weeks we was for his visa!! Anyone got anything positive or even negative to share? I'm going out of my mind!!! I'm already packed and ready to go :(((

Hello Folks,

I am posting my timeline status below. Haven't heard back after 26/08/2013... Any advice from you all on how long it might approximately take for visa to be granted from this point on.. I shall be working in healthcare, and so was asked for the extra medicals.

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary

16/08/2013 Application received - processing commenced Message

16/08/2013 Application fee received Message

20/08/2013 Application being processed further Message

View your receipt details

Person 1

21/08/2013 Information received Message

26/08/2013 Health requirements finalised Message

26/08/2013 Further medical results received Message

26/08/2013 Further medical results received Message

26/08/2013 HIV blood test received Message

26/08/2013 Hepatitis B antigen blood test received Message

26/08/2013 Hepatitis C antibody blood test received Message

Person 2

24/08/2013 Health requirements finalised Message

24/08/2013 Further medical results received Message

View Entitlement Details

Hi ricballi and pavy,

We are all roughly on the same timeline between 9 and 11 weeks so surely one of us should get some good news soon!

I have been watching this thread since my 4th week, seems a very long time.

Where are you guys going? im hopefully off to Perth.

Anyway, better go and check my status always come on here first!

Good luck keep talking!!!:cool:

Anyone have any ideas how long a secondary 457 visa takes? My partners visa was approved 2 weeks ago but myself n daughter was missed off (complicated) so we have had to re apply for a secondary visa, hope I'm not waiting the long 12 weeks we was for his visa!! Anyone got anything positive or even negative to share? I'm going out of my mind!!! I'm already packed and ready to go :(((

Hello Sarahsare i m secondary application and i have been from last waiting 8 weeks now :confused:

Hi ricballi and pavy,

We are all roughly on the same timeline between 9 and 11 weeks so surely one of us should get some good news soon!

I have been watching this thread since my 4th week, seems a very long time.

Where are you guys going? im hopefully off to Perth.

Anyway, better go and check my status always come on here first!

Good luck keep talking!!!:cool:

Thanks Paddy,i hope everyone got good news soon ,

i will be in Canberra,but i used to live in perth before really nice city,

Employer nomination approved, 457 visa + partner (both Bangladeshi) application lodged 13th June 2013, still waiting for any kind of status change on the website, medicals finalized.

13/06/2013 Application received -

Anybody had any experience or able to provide a 457 approval time frame for the Sydney office

:arghh:

I applied mine 28/6/13 still waiting for CO .