457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Sarah,

sorry for really late reply but for your info we went with medibank sorted in an hour but 220aus for 3 of us.

Good luck seems like a few visas are starting to come through, we are 8 weeks on nom today and 7 on are visa in.

we are going to Perth.

Paddy didn't u get ur visa granted

hi everyone i cant sort my insurance out!!!! bupa wont allow my debit card to work as its asking for a bsb???? and i dont have a credit card any ideas on what other cover i could use which i can use my visa debit to buy? i have until tomorrow at 2pm (perth time) nowhee is open to ring so frustrated!!!! thanks

hi everyone i cant sort my insurance out!!!! bupa wont allow my debit card to work as its asking for a bsb???? and i dont have a credit card any ideas on what other cover i could use which i can use my visa debit to buy? i have until tomorrow at 2pm (perth time) nowhee is open to ring so frustrated!!!! thanks

you can try australian equity/ medibank / iman/ these are the major company's. y they not accepting ur card . If you can use ur card fr shopping online you can DEFINATELY use it to pay for meedical cover. U can do one more thing transfer money to someone in aus via western union and give ur details like DOB address u going to stay at n so on n some one here can buy the policy for u here in aus.

As when I got my cover I paid by my employers card n they didn't ask me name on the card. Or try using ur card online . Buy a cover online n try to pay with the card u got

if u need any help u can contact me I will b more than happy to assist anyone if I could in my limits.

Hi everyone visa was granted today however it was short lived as myself an daughter wasn't included in the grant!!! We now have to apply to be secondary applicants as the case officer didn't and won't include us as the file in now closed!! So much stress for their mistake I'm so angry! So now another long long wait for us to go on the visa luckily they already have the information but are missing a form from my partners employers saying he agrees us to be on the visa anyone know where I can find this form or what a letter should consist of? Thanks every1 xx

Hi everyone visa was granted today however it was short lived as myself an daughter wasn't included in the grant!!! We now have to apply to be secondary applicants as the case officer didn't and won't include us as the file in now closed!! So much stress for their mistake I'm so angry! So now another long long wait for us to go on the visa luckily they already have the information but are missing a form from my partners employers saying he agrees us to be on the visa anyone know where I can find this form or what a letter should consist of? Thanks every1 xx

Oh dear they don't make life easy defo. I think that form you looking for is the main visa application form where you enter all details including secondary applicants.

hey Sarah really happy that d primary visa is approved n sorry to hear that u were not included , but it's still a positive thing that the visa approved urs will be done soon too, hopefully mine arrives ASAP. Guys I spoke to another candidates for labor n liberal party who are my cousins friends, I discussed openly about the delay n labor party candidate clearly mentioned, the new rules won't effect anyone who applied on or before 30th june. Genuine files will DEFINATELY be approved, however it might be delayed as big companies like tcs n recruitment companies who provide staff to companies worldwide have applied 1000s files so that's delay.

Best of luck guys. Regarding forms Sarah u shud call DIAC n ask the further procedure is d best way

hey Sarah really happy that d primary visa is approved n sorry to hear that u were not included , but it's still a positive thing that the visa approved urs will be done soon too, hopefully mine arrives ASAP. Guys I spoke to another candidates for labor n liberal party who are my cousins friends, I discussed openly about the delay n labor party candidate clearly mentioned, the new rules won't effect anyone who applied on or before 30th june. Genuine files will DEFINATELY be approved, however it might be delayed as big companies like tcs n recruitment companies who provide staff to companies worldwide have applied 1000s files so that's delay.

Best of luck guys. Regarding forms Sarah u shud call DIAC n ask the further procedure is d best way

I'm not trying to be negative or anything but unfortunately the rules changed after 1st of July applies for the visa applications lodged before the new rules. It clearly states on the Immi website and that's my personal experience also.

The new rules been also introduced to stop recruitment agencies bringing in stuff to do other works than stated in their visa grant and under their ANZCSO code.

The only exception is being the English language ability. They are not that strict on that.

And I think if the visa is granted as in Sara's case you can no longer contact DIAC as they closed the case.

But I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Sarahsara, I really feel for you :'( Especially as it was totally out of your hands! I find it hard to believe that the CO did not realise there should have been you and your daughter on the visa if they were receiving all the information on you both!!! Smacks of incompetence or lack of caring!!

Hopefully this will be quicker for you now they already have all the necessary info,

All the best

Lou :)

I'm not trying to be negative or anything but unfortunately the rules changed after 1st of July applies for the visa applications lodged before the new rules. It clearly states on the Immi website and that's my personal experience also.

The new rules been also introduced to stop recruitment agencies bringing in stuff to do other works than stated in their visa grant and under their ANZCSO code.

The only exception is being the English language ability. They are not that strict on that.

And I think if the visa is granted as in Sara's case you can no longer contact DIAC as they closed the case.

But I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey chubs thanks for the reply n concern u showed I agree it said on Internet that new rules will b imposed on d files still pending but later as many associations like aus ind group n migration agents association etc opposed it also many business groups n big businesses also had influenced d govt the immi minister to u Burke issued a press note stating that " it's not fair on 100s of application if they get suffered so the new rules will be imposed on files lodged on n after 1st july.

Hey chubs thanks for the reply n concern u showed I agree it said on Internet that new rules will b imposed on d files still pending but later as many associations like aus ind group n migration agents association etc opposed it also many business groups n big businesses also had influenced d govt the immi minister to u Burke issued a press note stating that " it's not fair on 100s of application if they get suffered so the new rules will be imposed on files lodged on n after 1st july.

Jazz crave-that can't be the case else the COs won't know where they stand from one case to the next. Also, if it's old rules for those submitted before 1st July, would you say it's ALL old rules-or just as they pick and choose? For example, it was 28 days to leave the country when everyone submitted before July, now it's 3 months....!

Jazz crave-that can't be the case else the COs won't know where they stand from one case to the next. Also, if it's old rules for those submitted before 1st July, would you say it's ALL old rules-or just as they pick and choose? For example, it was 28 days to leave the country when everyone submitted before July, now it's 3 months....!

Am not sure abt d details but d major changes won't affect old files http://www.kpmg.com/AU/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Migration-Newsflash/Documents/migration-newsflash-5-august-2013.pdf

Thanks for all replys! Hoping its quicker than 4 months, does anyone know where the link is for a checklist etc for secondary applicants I'm struggling with the what the letter of employer should say, looked where chubbs told me however no luck! Still can't believe we're not on the visa, the case officer claimed it was an easy mistake on her behalf, I'm so furious!! If anyone had had anything happen before to them can you give me a guide to time frames for grant? Thanks and good luck everyone, I also know visas are granted using news rules not the old ones which is unfair however that's just how it is :( good luck everyone and fingers crossed jazzcrave hope you're visa is soon x

Hello Sarahsara,i am on same page as i m secondary Application Visa applied on 18th july ,got a CO on 16/08/2013/ Health requirements finalised on 17/08/2013 now waiting ,my MA says around 2 to 3 month time to process

still waiting for CO grant visa:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hi Guys,

Im starting to go mad too! Just hit 8 weeks and nothing has moved at all. Hopefully some of us start to get good news soon!

we can only wait ,can not do anything

just wondering is nowdays visa grant is bit slow, is due to election ?or just new changes?

I hope everybody visa start granting soon

Hello Sarahsara,i am on same page as i m secondary Application Visa applied on 18th july ,got a CO on 16/08/2013/ Health requirements finalised on 17/08/2013 now waiting ,my MA says around 2 to 3 month time to process

still waiting for CO grant visa:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hi thanks for the reply so glad I've got someone in the same boat!!!! Can I ask the letter from ur partners employer to agree to sponsered you what did it say or did they just fill a form in and sign?? That's the bit I am struggling with!! Hopefully we don't need health checks etc!! Best of luck I hope you hear soon!!

Hi thanks for the reply so glad I've got someone in the same boat!!!! Can I ask the letter from ur partners employer to agree to sponsered you what did it say or did they just fill a form in and sign?? That's the bit I am struggling with!! Hopefully we don't need health checks etc!! Best of luck I hope you hear soon!!

Hi,it was just a simple letter from employer saying that ,i m happy with that to adding ur partner on 457 visa that .i told to employer write a letter ,it was just 4 or 5 line i show to My MA he said perfect.

do not worried it is just a simple process as you application is approved only adding second application,only thing is time.have u already done Health check before?if so then dont need to up to 1 year ,just attach medical receipt when u lodged application again

When I had my offer letter it didn't say anything about my partner. When I filled the application form (1066) just put the details in at the secondary applicant details and the grant just included them too.

When I had my offer letter it didn't say anything about my partner. When I filled the application form (1066) just put the details in at the secondary applicant details and the grant just included them too.

same as my partner Offer don't mention about me,but MA said just attach a letter from employer that employer know that u r adding ur partner

and i dont know how system work,MA say we attach